Radja Nainggolan

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I honestly think it's a bit ridiculous to judge certain players on the leagues they play in, sure it's harder to judge younger talent. Serie A has lost a lot of prestige over the years but the players playing there are still top international players and would walk into most premier league sides.

A good handful of players from the likes of Juve, Roma and Napoli would make it into a lot the starting 11s of most premier league sides, including ours. You could throw the Cuadrado argument out there, he's been doing well for Juventus both domestically and in Europe. Under a manager who trusts him like Conte, I think he could be a threat for us.

It's hard to trust a footballer who can't keep his balance or dribble a football.

He should stay in Italy, Chelsea and the EPL is clearly too big for him.

You say it's to big for him but he's performing for Juventus? One of the biggest clubs in the world and he's performing in Europe, the biggest competition in club football.

Juventus have been better than us for a good while now, even under Jose. When he signed for us he looked like a dear in headlights but I honestly think Jose didn't trust him and he knew that. Give him a manager who believes in him and he will probably thrive and I wouldnt be surprised if we see him back here next season.

Edited by Sheva

You say it's to big for him but he's performing for Juventus? One of the biggest clubs in the world and he's performing in Europe, the biggest competition in club football.

Juventus have been better than us for a good while now, even under Jose. When he signed for us he looked like a dear in headlights but I honestly think Jose didn't trust him and he knew that. Give him a manager who believes in him and he will probably thrive and I wouldnt be surprised if we see him back here next season.

I say it's too big for him because in every performance he got for us he looked like a rabbit in headlights.

Seria A is a fairly low quality league bar 3/4 sides, the pace is at a walking pace and the time on the ball is ridiculous compared to the fast paced, physical EPL.

Some footballers are best suited to certain leagues, Cuadrado is a prime example of it. He looked like a non league player at Chelsea.

I say it's too big for him because in every performance he got for us he looked like a rabbit in headlights.

Seria A is a fairly low quality league bar 3/4 sides, the pace is at a walking pace and the time on the ball is ridiculous compared to the fast paced, physical EPL.

Some footballers are best suited to certain leagues, Cuadrado is a prime example of it. He looked like a non league player at Chelsea.

La Liga is fairly low quality bar 3 top sides so would the players at the top sides in that league not do well in the premier league? We signed Hazard from Ligue 1, a poor league by most standards yet he set the prem on fire. 

I think Sheva's comment about confidence is bang on. 

Spain is the best league in the world, teams like Sevilla are better than the vast majority of our sides. It’s not comparable to Italy to me. Technically it’s on another level to what we have over here.

Hazard didn’t set the world on fire from the word go, he had talent but it had to be managed and developed which we did and after a few seasons he became the best in the league…not the way you are making out. World class players come from all over regardless, Ibra started in Sweden then went to Holland…Hazard started in France while guys like Drogba were in the lower leagues of France before making it. I don’t think that reflects on those leagues tbh.

Some will agree it’s confidence, I don’t. I saw enough of Cuadrado…stumbling about…making passes that made Cech look like Pirlo and struggling to keep up with our play. I don’t think he is cut out for the fast paced physical league we play in, usually a player low in confidence still resembles a footballer..Cuadrado never once done that at Chelsea.

Guest Sindre

Feel like this could be a massive signing if we can pull it off. Its been a while since we have had a proper hardman and warrior in midfield and Nainggolan would be that for us. Doesn't strike me as the type thats going to fold or break under pressure eighter.

Jean-Luca Mascaro (@CalcioNews89)

Radja Nainggolan is a very important player for Roma and for coach Spalletti but his future might not be in Rome. Chelsea have a big interest in the player and Antonio Conte would like to sign him for his new team. Nianggolan spoke about his future to Belgian magazine Nina:

"Chelsea? There have been contacts between both club, but they have to find an agreement before I speak to them. It would be very hard to leave Italy after 11 years , I am happy at Roma. Chelsea is a great club and they want to improve their roster. With Conte, they have a manager who has always wanted to sign me. Let's see if a deal can be made, only then will their be an official transfer".