does anyone know the status of Lewis Baker? The last I heard he was at Düsseldorf . Since the Bundesliga has concluded with their season, I am sure he has come back to Cobham

Posted (edited)

I believe he came back to Cobham a while ago. He's RLC's age, so 24/25. Such a promising player who had an excellent loan spell at Vitesse and a very successful time with England at all age-groups bar the seniors.

Really don't know why he has failed to progress. Barely played at Dusseldorf - maybe a couple more times than Ampadu at Leipzig. Must be set for yet another loan, as he's still under contract, but has no realistic chance with us.

Edited by Backbiter

He's barely played at every club he's been on loan to in the last few years, as far as I remember. He was always getting called back or rumoured to get called back due to lack of games. Needs to find himself a League 1 club and just move on.

Posted (edited)

Was playing well at Vitesse and up until then, easily one of our most promising players I remember and was destined for great things.

But for some reason, as soon as his time at Vitesse was over and he was getting loaned out to Championship clubs, he could hardly get games and wasted away.

This is the problem with some of the loans we do, we just end up loaning players to clubs where they never really get a chance to play and it completely ruins their confidence and momentum they built up. I can almost say with 100% certainty that if he lhad been oaned to a prem club where he was guaranteed playing time, he could have easily been part of our squad today and a key member. But instead he was loaned out to worthless championship clubs where those idiotic managers never play loaned players like him.

Edited by driller97

13 hours ago, driller97 said:

Lets hope its a permanent sale if he does go back, good luck to him if he does!

Also in the article, Sheffield United is in the mix too - again it is the silly season & these are rumors - I don't have sources

On 15/07/2020 at 01:46, robdog said:

I believe Baker might be going back to Leeds - Here is an article addressing the rumor

Highly doubt it. Bielsa got him on loan two seasons ago and rarely played him. The loan ended up being cancelled and he then went to Reading on loan. This was when Leeds were in Champiosnhip, so with Leeds being in Prem now, would be very surprised. 

9 hours ago, STATS said:

Highly doubt it. Bielsa got him on loan two seasons ago and rarely played him. The loan ended up being cancelled and he then went to Reading on loan. This was when Leeds were in Champiosnhip, so with Leeds being in Prem now, would be very surprised. 

again it was a rumor & we are in the silly season - in that article it mentioned that Sheffield United was possibily interested