Lucas Piazon

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Just seen Lucas Piazon and Michael Hector have been recalled,I assume this is because Conte wants to take a look at them both, I made a video showing everything Piazon has done for Reading this season which can hopefully spark some debate

Do you think he will make it here? Could he be useful next season? 

Think we missed a trick with Piazon, never did agree with us loaning him out. Felt he would have developed better playing with the players we had at the time and it seemed like we were going down that path when he started getting game time.

He's now 22 and has done nothing of note in his loans baring a good 6 months at Vitesse, which isn't much of an accomplishment as everyone we've sent there has done well (Even Atsu and he's awful). So no, I don't think he will make it here or be any use as we now have better players in Kenedy and Traore. 

As for Hector, I'll be surprised if we ever saw him play a single minute for us. 

Edited by Remodez

Think we missed a trick with Piazon, never did agree with us loaning him out. Felt he would have developed better playing with the players we had at the time and it seemed like we were going down that path when he started getting game time.

He's now 22 and has done nothing of note in his loans baring a good 6 months at Vitesse, which isn't much of an accomplishment as everyone we've sent there has done well (Even Atsu and he's awful). So no, I don't think he will make it here or be any use as we now have better players in Kenedy and Traore.

As for Hector, I'll be surprised if we ever saw him play a single minute for us.

Well if theyve been recalled they are likely going to play... surprise!

Honestly never thought Piazon was anything more than a decent player. Coming through the youth team there was nothing exceptional about any of his play, he was just a nice, tidy player. Think the highlight was the Forest game in the Youth Cup run in 2012. I don't think he has much of a future here.

Hector looks like a decent player when I've seen him and may well be a late bloomer but there's so many other young players in our squad and Academy who deserve a shot. 

I can remember Piazon coming on a few years ago for the senior team, which i'm guessing was a cup game? I remember he was on the pitch for 10 minutes and got an assist and won a penalty (i believe he then missed the penalty). The prem would suit him more. His dribbling isn't shown in the Championship due to the awful pitches. He can't do much worse than Oscar at number 10 so i'd stick him in and see what he can do pre season and next year.

I can remember Piazon coming on a few years ago for the senior team, which i'm guessing was a cup game? I remember he was on the pitch for 10 minutes and got an assist and won a penalty (i believe he then missed the penalty). The prem would suit him more. His dribbling isn't shown in the Championship due to the awful pitches. He can't do much worse than Oscar at number 10 so i'd stick him in and see what he can do pre season and next year.

It's was villa at home in the league, we won 8 nil under Rafael.

I don't think piazon has ever really had that x factor about him, that would elevate him him to the top.

He could've been a useful player, but he has lost momentum now, and we would be lucky to get the £5m we paid for him back.

It's was villa at home in the league, we won 8 nil under Rafael.

I don't think piazon has ever really had that x factor about him, that would elevate him him to the top.

He could've been a useful player, but he has lost momentum now, and we would be lucky to get the £5m we paid for him back.

Many Spurs fans said the same after his many mediocre loans. I'd give Lucas a run in the team and see if he can prove himself. 

Many Spurs fans said the same after his many mediocre loans. I'd give Lucas a run in the team and see if he can prove himself. 

give a run at which position ?  over whom ?

Current Attack options (LW, RW, CAM): Hazard, Kennedy, Pedro, Willian, Traore, Oscar, RLC, Fab 

On Loan: Baker, Moses

Moreover the chances are we may have a change in formation - 3-5-2  so the opportunities for attacking midfield is further less. Best if we sell him in La liga.

I am curious as to why this recall might have happened. Neither are eligible to play (as far as I'm aware) - could it be that we're looking to sell them in the next window?

In all honestly I don't particularly rate Piazon; I thought he had some promise a couple of years ago but every subsequent time I have seen him he has failed to impress me. Hector on the other hand I haven't seen anywhere near enough of to make a proper judgement.

I am curious as to why this recall might have happened. Neither are eligible to play (as far as I'm aware) - could it be that we're looking to sell them in the next window?

In all honestly I don't particularly rate Piazon; I thought he had some promise a couple of years ago but every subsequent time I have seen him he has failed to impress me. Hector on the other hand I haven't seen anywhere near enough of to make a proper judgement.

They only had a week left on their loans, probably cut it short cause Reading don't have any games within that period (Too lazy to actually check this).

They only had a week left on their loans, probably cut it short cause Reading don't have any games within that period (Too lazy to actually check this).

Reading have a couple of games left but absolutely nothing left to play for, can't go down, can't go up.

give a run at which position ?  over whom ?

Current Attack options (LW, RW, CAM): Hazard, Kennedy, Pedro, Willian, Traore, Oscar, RLC, Fab 

On Loan: Baker, Moses

Moreover the chances are we may have a change in formation - 3-5-2  so the opportunities for attacking midfield is further less. Best if we sell him in La liga.

I would say give a run in the team at #10. Other than Oscar (as bad as he is) we don't really have a specific #10 in the squad. All the above mentioned players operate better on the wing (Hazard, Pedro, Willian) (Traore wing or up top) or in deeper position (RLC or Fab). There is obviously the argument of Hazard or Willian playing the 10 but they seem more effective out wide stretching the opposition. I'm in no way saying start Piazon every game but it won't hurt seeing what he could do off the bench or staring a couple of games every now and again. 

Looked at some Reading fans opinions of Piazon and they dont seem to be too positive, He's been described as a luxury player, who although technically good  is not physically up to the pace of the English game and doesn't do the dirty work. People also said he lacks desire. 

Looked at some Reading fans opinions of Piazon and they dont seem to be too positive, He's been described as a luxury player, who although technically good is not physically up to the pace of the English game and doesn't do the dirty work. People also said he lacks desire.

Mourinho said the exact same words about Mata

Then he won the title the year after he sold him.

Maybe he was onto something?

Mata has been a bit part player at Utd for large spells too. He is a player you need to build a team around to win things, which will only be done for the very top players. And as good as mata is he just isn't one of those players. I loved him here, he's a great player to watch but he does create problems in a team.

Got a mate in Frankfurt and he thought Piazon was crap when he was on loan there.

He certainly doesn't seem to add a great deal to Reading, which is pretty damning.

True, true, by all accounts disappointing spell at Reading, however he's probably more suited to the Prem. Champ very physical league for a young Brazilian.