Alvaro Morata

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

18 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

Morata has a better all round game, but I'd take Michy in a one on one situation.

Have you ever seen him dribble past anybody? I'm yet to witness it.

11 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

When they are both playing at their best, then yes i think there is a big difference, but i don't think we see enough of it from Morata. If he becomes more consistent, then i will say there is a big difference between them.

Even at his best, Michy can't hold up the ball or pass it well. His movement off the ball is non-existent. I don't think he can strike the ball well from distance. Thierry Henry says Batman is quite good when it comes to shooting from inside the box, but that's about the only thing he may be good at and is currrently better at than Morata.

Edited by abramovich

I don't understand why they can't both play together if the need arises.

We didn't have a single shot on target in the second half, and it was always likely that most of the half would be played out in the West Ham half, we would of had nothing to lose by having them both on for the last 20 minutes.

Paid 100's of thousands of pounds to train and keep his body in peak physical condition and can't manage more than one game a week. Maybe he should stop bonking his wife and get some sleep at night, its only gonna get worse when the baby comes. Hopefully Batshuayi can have a good show and share the workload with Morata more this season. 

Some of the posts on here are bizarre.

We've seen how Klopp has rotated in recent weeks because of how jaded his players are. City & Arsenal all rotated midweek along with United whilst we played full strength against Atletico. If he started tonight and put in a poor performance due to fatigue, people would be lambasting Conte for picking him and Morata for playing poorly.

Footballers these days are athletes and unless you're in peak physical condition like Ronaldo then you will get injuries & niggles. He'll be back for the Southampton game, there's no issue for me.

1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Paid 100's of thousands of pounds to train and keep his body in peak physical condition and can't manage more than one game a week. Maybe he should stop bonking his wife and get some sleep at night, its only gonna get worse when the baby comes. Hopefully Batshuayi can have a good show and share the workload with Morata more this season. 

To be fair, have you seen his wife?

Some of the posts on here are bizarre.

We've seen how Klopp has rotated in recent weeks because of how jaded his players are. City & Arsenal all rotated midweek along with United whilst we played full strength against Atletico. If he started tonight and put in a poor performance due to fatigue, people would be lambasting Conte for picking him and Morata for playing poorly.

Footballers these days are athletes and unless you're in peak physical condition like Ronaldo then you will get injuries & niggles. He'll be back for the Southampton game, there's no issue for me.

You actually can't win with certain fans dammed if you do dammed it you don't

48 minutes ago, Brutos said:

You actually can't win with certain fans dammed if you do dammed it you don't

I think footballers get very little sympathy from supporters these days and it's no wonder when you consider how highly paid they all are. We expect them to be able to go out and perform for 90 - 180 minutes each week - that's not a lot to ask or expect!

Sure a bit of rotation is needed but I look at City and don't see too many of their key players missing too many games.

I think footballers get very little sympathy from supporters these days and it's no wonder when you consider how highly paid they all are. We expect them to be able to go out and perform for 90 - 180 minutes each week - that's not a lot to ask or expect!
Sure a bit of rotation is needed but I look at City and don't see too many of their key players missing too many games.
They get paid Millon's but they are still flesh and bones and do get injured or more prone to do so simply because their bodies are put under far more stress

I think we have a bit of a special case, so to speak, in Morata... At times he's incredibly frustrating to watch, on the other hand he looks a world beater. His game against Stoke was incredible and it looked like he was going to kick on after his hat-trick and put teams away, especially in his link up play with Haz.  I agree that he goes down far too easily but I think that's more a case of having to adjust to the Premier League, he needs to come to terms with what might work in La Liga, won't work in the EPL... 

He's was never really Madrid's nor Juventus' out & out striker and he settled for a role as an impact player, it's time to realize that he will be heavily relied upon to lead the line for Chelsea and that goes hand-in-hand with being both mentally and physically ready to do so.

I think what a lot of people don't understand is that the sport has evolved, 10 years ago you didn't really get this tiredness nonsense, but the game is faster paced than it was years ago. George Best used to play while being a massive alcoholic, that's not necessarily the case anymore, footballers have to be on very strict diets and must continuously do the same training exercises to be 100% sharp. Sports Science has been massively introduced into football and now you're seeing players using all their stamina and conserving it tactfully. 

http://www.thefa.com/about-football-association/st-georges-park/performance/performance/sports-science

If you look at the detail that goes into training these days you'll see the difference, Michael Ballack was also talking about how football is becoming a lot more fast paced by the day. Especially now that the game is developing into a wingback frenzy over the past 5 years, there is an outcry of fast wingbacks. 

I think fatigue is definitely an issue, it's not the same as working a shift for 9 hours on 2 hours sleep then working again the next day, I get what people are saying. 

Some people need to get a grip. Footballers these days need the rest when they can afford it. Look what happened to Santi Cazorla, ran into the ground and now barely able to walk.

It also doesn't help that the fixtures are crazy in this time of year

Azpi didn't miss a premier league game for two whole years.

Hazard played 62 games over the course of his first season with us. Mata played 64 the same season.

Terry played 49 games and didn't miss a single premier league minute in a title winning season at the age of 35. 

Morata seems to be fatigued every other game at the moment. 

4 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Azpi didn't miss a premier league game for two whole years.

Hazard played 62 games over the course of his first season with us. Mata played 64 the same season.

Terry played 49 games and didn't miss a single premier league minute in a title winning season at the age of 35. 

Morata seems to be fatigued every other game at the moment. 

You moving your snidey hate-posts away from Willian to Morata now?  or are you filled with sufficient bile that you can multi-task on the abuse?

How fickle and spoilt some people are.

15 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

You moving your snidey hate-posts away from Willian to Morata now?  or are you filled with sufficient bile that you can multi-task on the abuse?

How fickle and spoilt some people are.

You do realise we can critique aspects of a players game without hating them? If an entire fan base thought the sun shone out of Stamford Bridge like you do we'd still be sat here in the Championship with Mourinho as manager. 

Having said that, i think Morata has been a great signing and will continue to be a great player on the pitch. He does however need to work on his physical side to keep up in a real league. Not everyone is perfect Yorkey, hopefully you can see this one day. 

If you get so upset and offended by my posts feel free to mute me, i fear the trauma my posts cause you can't be good for your health. 

8 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Costa would never miss a game due to back back and tiredness. Don’t get me wrong I like Morata, but he seems like a massive wuss compared to Costa.

And he would 'pace himself' ie be missing in the game save for a few moments in attack, hell Costa can only give 100% for half a season.

Have you ever played any sport or went to the gym despite not feeling right? You might as well not be there.

A perfect example is Eden being forced to play in 15/16, he was ineffective until he finally got a few weeks rest.

Edited by sonic90