Romelu Lukaku

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

This probably deserves its own thread after his comments the other day where he hinted he may return Chelsea. Whether it happens or not is anyone's guess. I don't think we will cough up the rumoured fee (65m) and as we know, Everton can be stubborn pr*cks at the best of times, so this deal may be difficult to get over the line.

I've read a few forums and Facebook comments and about 90% of Chelsea fans don't want him back. I sit in the 10%. This guy is a beast. His goal-scoring record speaks for itself. He has speed, skill and power and is unplayable on his day. He will be world class in a year or two. I hope we go hard for him.

Thoughts?

This probably deserves its own thread after his comments the other day where he hinted he may return Chelsea. Whether it happens or not is anyone's guess. I don't think we will cough up the rumoured fee (65m) and as we know, Everton can be stubborn pr*cks at the best of times, so this deal may be difficult to get over the line.

I've read a few forums and Facebook comments and about 90% of Chelsea fans don't want him back. I sit in the 10%. This guy is a beast. His goal-scoring record speaks for itself. He has speed, skill and power and is unplayable on his day. He will be world class in a year or two. I hope we go hard for him.

Thoughts?

He is a beast, but I'd only consider getting him if Costa is leaving, otherwise there isn't much point. 

Also we sold him for 28m less than 2 years ago, buying him back for 65m seems a bit too much and I wouldn't be too happy with that price. The only player we've let go of in recent years, that I'd love to have back would be KDB.

Thoughts?

I'll eat my hat if ANYONE pays £65m for him.  He'll go for about £35-40m at most is my guess, and Everton will then use the "undisclosed fee" tag so their fans don't get annoyed that they sold him below rumoured valuation.

Standard reckon we are his preferred destination.  PSG or us i reckon.  I just dont think he will go to Utd

judging from his play style, i don't think he is compatible with Costa if we are going to use 2 upfront
on the other hand, if we are going to rotate him with Costa, i can't see either of them happy with the rotation
pass

Seems to be a theme with this generation of Belgians.

They love the sound of their own voices

Agreed, it's their golden generation and a lot of them think they're special, though they can't deliver in international tournaments...yet. Edited by Floyd25

His attitude along with some other Belgians is exactly why they won't even win a major tournament with this generation.

Too much self loving, not enough leadership.

\As much talent as they have, the team is jam-packed with inconsistent players at club level, who have very high ceilings, but you never know when they'll end up dissapearing.

Thats why I think this team will share the fate of the likes of Drogba's Cote d'Ivoire.

I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt and say his attitude maybe down to age as he is still only 23 but also the fact he has a bit of an ego doesn't bother me hugely as I believe he starting to back it up season on season.

I think he'll only get better and with a bit of service and a point to prove who knows?....Saying that north of £50m seems f**king steep but hey when have prices made sense?!

I can't comment on what he'd cost, but I'd like to see him back here.

his best years are ahead of him, he has fantastic attributes and will probably continue to improve. I think he could play alongside costa as well as up front on his own. also I think conte will look to use two strikers at times, and if that is the case we will need more than what we have in that position currently.

also, although it doesn't really mean much, it is a little sweetner that he is a chelsea supporter.

i think he may go to germany or italy going by some of his comments.

There is probably only bayern that could afford him from bothome of those leagues and they have lewandowski.

I'd like to see him hear tbh, I'm not sure what price we will be looking at as I'm sure Everton still owe us money anyway.

There is probably only bayern that could afford him from bothome of those leagues and they have lewandowski.

I'd like to see him hear tbh, I'm not sure what price we will be looking at as I'm sure Everton still owe us money anyway.

Some of the clubs could afford him with a good player exchange.

Also i could see Juventus buying him if they sell Morata, although probably not for 60 mln EUR.

What about Napoli? Sell Higuain and they need a replacement.

Edited by Jon Stakes

He still won' get a game if w only play 1 up top.

Could be played as a partner to Costa.

Diego formed a good partnership with Falcao at Atletico so who knows.

Personally I'd welcome a significant change to our tactics/formation.

I wish we'd start looking forward as a club rather than going backwards.

don't think that's fair.

we can argue about whether it was right to sell him or not, but he's a young player with his best days ahead of him. if conte wants him we should try to sign him- the fact he was here before is irrelevant. I think it is the same situation as we had with matic. 

I wish we'd start looking forward as a club rather than going backwards.

If we had REALLY been looking forward, then maybe we wouldn't have sold him in the first place?