Jose Mourinho thread

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

5 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

The man breathes football. 

He had a chance to come back to Chelsea build a long lasting legacy's but gave it up for a quick title and then remarkably got a second chance to build one in England at United and made an absolute pig's ear of it. Now clubs are starting to wise up to the fact he's never going to change, his only chance of a top job now is if a club get desperate to win immediately and even then he'd most likely be behind Conte and Allegri in people's wishlist.

He's got no one to blame other than himself for the predicament he's found himself in.

• 4 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

He's like a cheap prositute that guy now, anyones who will take him.

He is probably only linked to the job so he can face Frank as a manager and gain attention for it, while Sky milk all they can out of the fixture.

I saw a video recommendation on Youtube earlier "What does Jose think of Chelsea's young players" - who gives a flying f*%k what he thinks. There is a reason he isn't our manager anymore and that reason applies to whether he should pass any judgement on our players.

1 hour ago, Mod Stark said:

He's like a cheap prositute that guy now, anyones who will take him.

He is probably only linked to the job so he can face Frank as a manager and gain attention for it, while Sky milk all they can out of the fixture.

I saw a video recommendation on Youtube earlier "What does Jose think of Chelsea's young players" - who gives a flying f*%k what he thinks. There is a reason he isn't our manager anymore and that reason applies to whether he should pass any judgement on our players.

imagine he does take that job & finds out there is no money to spend :Troll_Face:

I could see him going to Spurs, with Poch off to Utd and Mourinho at Spurs.

Now he has managed Utd don't think our fans would have any hatred with him and he probably won't be there long enough for it to develop.

Something is clearly not right at Spurs with players not moving on and other top replacements not coming in and being so close on numerous occasions to winning silverware recently.

Mourinho could probably change that dynamic I would fancy Spurs to win a cup under Mourinho though not the league.

If he gets the job it is likely to be before the December window as I can't see him signing without at least one addition.

11 hours ago, robdog said:

if this does indeed happen, then I am done with Jose:thumbsdown:

There's no actual concrete evidence for this, it's just speculation based on the following lines from the linked Mail article:

He said: 'I have to be patient and wait for the right opportunity and the right opportunity is one that is at the same size and the same level that I am as a manager. I have to wait for the exact right one.'

(...)

However, as revealed by Sportsmail, Spurs players note Pochettino has cut a distant figure, sparking fears that he is looking for a way out (sic)

1 hour ago, PloKoon13 said:

That said if he does go there I would consider it a personal betrayal and would hope that he never wins another game in management. I might even hope that Rafa Benitez shags his wife

After going to Utd it doesn't bother me now.

I do think though if he had gone straight to Spurs, Arse, or WHU he would never have been forgiven.

I just see him as desperate for another 'top' job. 

Edited by strider6004

13 hours ago, coco said:

He's poison to the big football clubs now, i cant imagine any of them being interested, he'll end up in the States, or maybe an international manager.

Good point but he's actually doing a good job in rebuilding his reputation by doing punditry, the media's influence is powerful and I won't be surprised if he gets Bayern or PSG down the road. Gary Neville got a top flight job through constant praise in the media for his tactical analysis ffs.

But if top clubs have really blacklisted him unofficially, I can see him at Spuds just for the challenge and more money than he'd get for being an international manager. But with choice he won't go to a club that doesn't buy ready made top players and have up to 4 of them thinking of leaving.

7 hours ago, sonic90 said:

Good point but he's actually doing a good job in rebuilding his reputation by doing punditry, the media's influence is powerful and I won't be surprised if he gets Bayern or PSG down the road. Gary Neville got a top flight job through constant praise in the media for his tactical analysis ffs.

But if top clubs have really blacklisted him unofficially, I can see him at Spuds just for the challenge and more money than he'd get for being an international manager. But with choice he won't go to a club that doesn't buy ready made top players and have up to 4 of them thinking of leaving.

I think JM realises Spurs have a good team and the question is one of motivation and know how and he can deliver.

The teams motivation has dropped and this is why I think JM just might go there.

I think another two years would be good for his family here too.

To be honest, if he gets the Spurs job, it will end in sh1t in 2-3 seasons, but he'd won them something, even like a league or FA cup. He's never going to be a long term manager, but sometime a good team just needs a manager like him to win something instead of getting knocked up in the semi or final.

I still remember what he said about Mount after the first game of the season, he hasn't got the best eyes for a talent, that's for sure.

52 minutes ago, icecoolguy22 said:

To be honest, if he gets the Spurs job, it will end in sh1t in 2-3 seasons, but he'd won them something, even like a league or FA cup. He's never going to be a long term manager, but sometime a good team just needs a manager like him to win something instead of getting knocked up in the semi or final.

I still remember what he said about Mount after the first game of the season, he hasn't got the best eyes for a talent, that's for sure.

Yes it reminds me of Brian Clough when his team won the Anglo-Scottish Cup. 

It was a minor cup and not fashionable yet he says it gave his team belief and the feeling they wanted more success. He felt that was the catalyst for winning bigger trophies.