Jose Mourinho thread

Brizzleblue
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Where else is left for him to go? The big teams seem to be moving away from defensive coaches and wanting to play attractive football. I feel like his next step would have to be either the National Team or punditry like he's done a few times. 

Either way, there's only so many clubs left for him to have a go at that could afford his wages. 

I have a feeling his next club after manyoo will be in the States. His kids have grown into young adults now and they seem to like a bit of the limelight, so America must be on the list to do. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3227857/So-s-wore-dress-Matilde-Mourinho-designs-career-fashion-devoted-dad-Jos-backing-step-way.html

36 minutes ago, coco said:

I have a feeling his next club after manyoo will be in the States. His kids have grown into young adults now and they seem to like a bit of the limelight, so America must be on the list to do. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3227857/So-s-wore-dress-Matilde-Mourinho-designs-career-fashion-devoted-dad-Jos-backing-step-way.html

Interesting point about him potentially moving to the US, I wouldn't have thought of that yet now you come to mention it I could see that happening with his families' interest at heart.

It's a terrible shame seeing what has happened to Mourinho. 

After his most recent (and presumably final) spell here, and especially considering who he is now in charge of, I can understand why some Chelsea fans are happy to indulge in a bit of schadenfreude at José's expense, however he is still the most extraordinary manager the club has ever had the privilege of seeing, and it is really quite sad to see someone who was once so phenomenally talented appear so... ordinary. 

He seems to have lost that touch of inspiration which empowered him to enable players beyond their usual ceiling of ability. Look at the improvement in the likes of Drogba, Lampard, Lucio, Milito under his tutelage. Granted, it's not as if he was working with lumps of clay, but he took talented players and made them the elite.  Who can we say that about in his current spell at Man Utd? Lingard has shown improvement I suppose? I remember Ibrahimovic saying that José's players were "willing to kill" for him - that ability to hypnotise his players appears to have evaporated entirely. 

Michael Cox (I think) argued that top-tier managers tend to get ten years at the top before their stars begin to fade, before their strategies become stale, and they become usurped by the new order and new tactical trends. I do hope that this isn't the case with José, that can find a way to re-invigorate his abilities, as this current trend of decay and impotence doesn't suit him whatsoever, and, knowing he was once the best in the world (and that we ourselves got to witness the peak of his talents), leaves me feeling a little put out. 

I'd say his problem is that he doesn't innovate his style these days. He used to do it up until Real Madrid then he became fixated on 4231 then depended too much on a player's brilliance and a low block which is why his team these days have moments where it all looks disjointed.

Fergie could last for 20 years because he innovates/tweaks his style a bit every few years. 

8 hours ago, Deino said:

I'd say his problem is that he doesn't innovate his style these days. He used to do it up until Real Madrid then he became fixated on 4231 then depended too much on a player's brilliance and a low block which is why his team these days have moments where it all looks disjointed.

Fergie could last for 20 years because he innovates/tweaks his style a bit every few years. 

I wonder if he pays enough attention to the opposition liked he used to, to tell his players how they would beat their opposite number. Always felt on some matches he did this and on others he didn't notably the FA CUP when turned over by Barnsley & John Sted.

9 hours ago, Scott said:

3 years gone and we still talk about him. Legend I'd say.

Three managers later and the Utd fans still talk about Fergys' football and he left to retire.

JM left to take over our rival I don't blame him as it was a family decision yet it was not just a rival yet the EPL's biggest club with all that club's pretentions.

It was not a good fit yet JM is not a normal manager he's got them back to the CL yet did not get the players he wanted, neither Perisic or Maguire when his main rivals are strengthening.

Also I remain unconvinced about Pogba, flashes of brilliance yet not reliable for Utd.

Does not look good right now, a win buys him a little time.

1 hour ago, yorkleyblue said:

Look at the full stop.  That is a separator between two  logical  thoughts not necessarily connected.  Doesn't make the two sentences refer to the same thought.::MooNeY::

Seems like he's insinuating that because we still speak about him he's a legend as we're caught up on him. A full stop can be used and still be talking about the same topic. Just like i used one back there and still talking about this.

Weird to just make two random statements like that if it wasn't what he was inferring. 

Just like his last season with us, the media is running headlines to sack him everyday. It's only 2 games in the season, I just don't buy the United is done theory. You got those ex-Liverpool pundits talk up good Klopp is, the fact is still Klopp hasn't won f* ball despite being close. If being Close counts, Avram Grant would be one of the greatest Manager in history, he was 2 kicks away from winning a double in his debut season. He's not at the level he was ever since he joined Madrid, but wouldn't be surprised if he get one better over Poch and Klopp this season.

10 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Seems like he's insinuating that because we still speak about him he's a legend as we're caught up on him. A full stop can be used and still be talking about the same topic. Just like i used one back there and still talking about this.

Weird to just make two random statements like that if it wasn't what he was inferring. 

Just offering a different interpretation, was all :biggrin:

Oh, and it's "implying" not "inferring" - Inferring is something different to what you mean.

Edited by yorkleyblue

You got it in the first line, but didn't spot it.

"Infer -  to derive"  Whoever it was who originally made the post "implied" - You "inferred"  I can't infer an opinion or statement, I can imply it.  I can infer something from something that someone else says.

Keep trying, you'll get it right one day ::MooNeY::

On 22/08/2018 at 09:11, PloKoon13 said:

It's a terrible shame seeing what has happened to Mourinho. 

After his most recent (and presumably final) spell here, and especially considering who he is now in charge of, I can understand why some Chelsea fans are happy to indulge in a bit of schadenfreude at José's expense, however he is still the most extraordinary manager the club has ever had the privilege of seeing, and it is really quite sad to see someone who was once so phenomenally talented appear so... ordinary. 

He seems to have lost that touch of inspiration which empowered him to enable players beyond their usual ceiling of ability. Look at the improvement in the likes of Drogba, Lampard, Lucio, Milito under his tutelage. Granted, it's not as if he was working with lumps of clay, but he took talented players and made them the elite.  Who can we say that about in his current spell at Man Utd? Lingard has shown improvement I suppose? I remember Ibrahimovic saying that José's players were "willing to kill" for him - that ability to hypnotise his players appears to have evaporated entirely. 

Michael Cox (I think) argued that top-tier managers tend to get ten years at the top before their stars begin to fade, before their strategies become stale, and they become usurped by the new order and new tactical trends. I do hope that this isn't the case with José, that can find a way to re-invigorate his abilities, as this current trend of decay and impotence doesn't suit him whatsoever, and, knowing he was once the best in the world (and that we ourselves got to witness the peak of his talents), leaves me feeling a little put out. 

The greats usually do have a shelf life look at Brian Clough. I will say though it shows how good Fergie was doesn’t it. The fact he kept reinventing Man Utd sides and won as many trophies as he did is incredible.