Brizzleblue

Jose Mourinho thread

No win now at home in a life time, he looks miserable and wants put out of his misery. 

This is bound to be his last job in England, who would want him unless hes prepared to do a Rafa and join a Newcastle. 

Where next, PSG? 

He needs a year off back to Portugal and relax for a while, recharge and have another go. At this rate he's burnt out, completely. 

He certainly does look burnt out, but I think it’s more his tactics are out of touch with football at the moment.

We don’t get many Ballacks, Drogbas, Terry’s, etc. It’s all about playing the ball out from the back now and Mourinho is completely the opposite.

Ordinarily I would be a bit pessimistic about our game against ManU. At a better moment in his career Mourinho would be the best guy to undo a team that is dogmatic about an attacking-posession style and a little shaky defensively. His whole managerial essence is about winning these kinds of games 1:0.

But they were a mess yesterday. Even in the second half, even while scoring 3 goals - it wasn't discipline and structure, it was hysterical, desperate, send-your-goaley-up-for-a-corner, last ditch effort. It worked against Newcastle, but it won't work against a better team.

Jose asking for respect from Chelsea fans is abit too much for me. Yes he has been fantastic for us and we won’t forget the times we had....but since he got the United job, he’s been smug and throwing digs here and there, kissing the United badge. 

He just wants to be loved and he’s not loved by United fans. That’s the thing about moving to a rival club - you’re will not be properly loved by either club and think Jose is finding that out now. 

Edited by JM7

I had no problem with him holding three fingers up at the fans giving him stick at the end...he's right, how soon some forget...even if he has made digs over last few years...Anyone wanting a reminder of other side of his personality, should watch this (although presenters are awful)..

He's still all about himself, if he wanted to show some 'class', he'd acknowledge his own fans or players after the whistle, instead of telling us Chelsea fans we still owe him 3. Nobody is or will take away what he has done for Chelsea, he's just showing off every chance he got

The art of survival at a big club and protecting the cult of Mourinho.

Mid table for one of the globe's biggest clubs with a manager that has swept all before him in the past yet has offered little to date.  Coming back against a weak Newcastle and then again with us and 5 minutes into injury time and almost there for a great come back and the chance to build some momentum and it all collapses at the last minute and then some unknown Chelsea assistant starts jumping in front of him and taunting him.  His self restraint went and then he reacted to all provocations.

Having seen some of the best and some very nasty behaviour by Chelsea fans in the past  undoubtedly some would have also taunted him and he reacted.

Interesting to see what the FA make of it a he was just about to start a touchline ban.  

16 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

He's still all about himself, if he wanted to show some 'class', he'd acknowledge his own fans or players after the whistle, instead of telling us Chelsea fans we still owe him 3. Nobody is or will take away what he has done for Chelsea, he's just showing off every chance he got

Think it was actually a response to the 'f**k off mourinho' chants and abuse he got after the final whistle, rather than showing off..,think he was genuinely pissed off about hearing that...in fairness to the supporters, they wouldn't have known it was the idiot member of our own backroom staff that sparked it all...I still wouldn't (and didn't) sing it though

Edited by The Brit

Before it was revealed exactly who the member of staff was, there was one glorious moment during which I thought it had been Jon Fearn. If anyone currently associated with the club is entitled to give Mourinho a bit of stick, surely he's in the top one. I was bitterly disappointed when I figured out it wasn't him...

Edited by PloKoon13
Wrong tense

4 minutes ago, PloKoon13 said:

Before it was revealed exactly who the member of staff was, there was one glorious moment during which I thought it had been Jon Fearn. If anyone currently associated with the club were entitled to give Mourinho a bit of stick, surely he'd be in the top one. I was bitterly disappointed when I figured out it wasn't him...

I just silently pleaded "not Carlo" before I saw the perpatrator didn't have Carlo's glorious hair and charisma :wink:

Edited by Valerie

There are always some idiots who are going to chant some disgusting sh1t, it's not like a whole section of the crowd joined in. Remember the chants United fans reserved for Wenger back to the days? Some managers not interested to be dragged into sh1t like that, Jose on the other hand loved to get down and dirty.

I’m wondering how many more ways the media can rehash the same information in to a new story to keep it in the headlines. Every other article on Sky Sports website is about it!

It was all heat of the moment stuff but still regrettable.

Got to admit to never having heard of Marco Ianni before yesterday. Foolish act from someone in his position but you can see how these things happen. We were losing a game we had totally bossed and then they were wasting time so it was fitting we should score so late in time added on which was all their own fault. And when there is late drama like that, people lose control.

Had to laugh at Mourinho's 3 fingered gesture though. We gave him PLENTY of respect after he first left us but that respect has been eroded away. Sad little man.

2 hours ago, Munkworth said:

I’m wondering how many more ways the media can rehash the same information in to a new story to keep it in the headlines. Every other article on Sky Sports website is about it!

Not just their website...every bloody hour today, sky sports news replay the footage in slow motion and talk about it in detail...both clubs sorted it out after the final whistle, why can't people just leave it at that?...mountains out of molehills

51 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

Was this the same Mourinho who slid on his knees down the touchline at Old Trafford when Porto beat them in the Champions League?

Image result for mourinho vs liverpool 2-0

Liverpool fans must just have short memories...

In fairness I'm not sure I've ever heard a single one refer to any of their past achievements.