Brizzleblue

Jose Mourinho thread

He's just not the same anymore, but he's still trying to build a Porto/Inter/Chelsea team from over 10 years ago at all costs.

He needs a stint at Southampton to learn to deal with what he's got in order to evolve.

Good stuff. It brings back memories of a statement he made a few years back when he was managing us, though it's 20 years earlier than expected.

“Carragher, Liverpool. Thompson, Liverpool. Redknapp, Liverpool. Neville, Manchester United. We don’t have one. When I retire, 75 years old, I go as a pundit to defend Chelsea on television.” – Daily Mail

19 minutes ago, Jezz said:

Good stuff. It brings back memories of a statement he made a few years back when he was managing us, though it's 20 years earlier than expected.

“Carragher, Liverpool. Thompson, Liverpool. Redknapp, Liverpool. Neville, Manchester United. We don’t have one. When I retire, 75 years old, I go as a pundit to defend Chelsea on television.” – Daily Mail

I remember that. Not sure he'd be too quick to defend us these days though!!

On 11/01/2019 at 08:51, dansubrosa said:

He’s taken up a pundit job with BeIN sports.

Hes going to be a pundit at the Arsenal game too. How weird will it be, seeing Mourinho as a pundit at a Chelsea game.

Will be interesting what he has to say, there should be a few BeIN sports streams knocking around t'internet on matchday

Edited by the special one

Sure he's not too bothered what with being a multi millionaire after another massive pay-off, but his personal pride must have taken a fair hit. To see United win game after game and playing so much better does make him look even more like "yesterday's man". Think his obsession of not losing matches rather than actually trying to win them will always be his biggest flaw.

I never thought he was a good fit with Utd, I could see him doing something elsewhere where they had funds yet had not had success for some time and would buy in to his counter-attack defense minded football. 

With us at least we seemed to get the footballers he needed to deliver success.

23 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

I never thought he was a good fit with Utd, I could see him doing something elsewhere where they had funds yet had not had success for some time and would buy in to his counter-attack defense minded football. 

With us at least we seemed to get the footballers he needed to deliver success.

Is two years too long to go without winning a league title? :laugh2:

Just now, the special one said:

Is two years too long to go without winning a league title? :laugh2:

I guess that depends on the ticket buying punters that look to be entertained, some were not until Willian's superb strike.

Interestingly I was following the on-line coverage of Spurs vs Utd and the remark was Spurs were looking jaded following that epic cup match against Chelsea.

They played a day later than us.............

1 hour ago, Nibs said:

Sure he's not too bothered what with being a multi millionaire after another massive pay-off, but his personal pride must have taken a fair hit. To see United win game after game and playing so much better does make him look even more like "yesterday's man". Think his obsession of not losing matches rather than actually trying to win them will always be his biggest flaw.

Was it the obsession, or the players not buying into the obsession? If Pogba's Instagram following is anything to go I'd suggest the latter.

We've been playing some pretty dire stuff over the last few weeks, I wouldn't be against Jose returning for a 3rd time, or better yet bring Super Frank home.

Edited by the special one

40 minutes ago, the special one said:

Was it the obsession, or the players not buying into the obsession? If Pogba's Instagram following is anything to go I'd suggest the latter.

We've been playing some pretty dire stuff over the last few weeks, I wouldn't be against Jose returning for a 3rd time, or better yet bring Super Frank home.

I know there is a saying, never say never but thankfully that will NEVER happen!

Jose has run out of lives - his glory days are over.