Brizzleblue

Jose Mourinho thread

Gotta admit, he does look happy and settled. Looks far happier than he did second time around with us.

If you look at the pictures and interviews when he joined us the second time around he looks just as happy.

It seems people are forgetting these things just to paint it like he didn't want to be here and it was a huge burden for him when in reality it's just not the case.

Edited by Chelsbear

That's true, he certainly was very happy in his first interview.

Still, it's such a shame it went so wrong. I think Jose genuinely believed that he was would be here 5-10 years.

He probably thought after the first 2 seasons he might have the chance to do it but wasn't to be.

I think it will be a minor miracle if any top clubs have a manager stay that long from now on.

Jose Mourinho ready to listen to offers for Juan Mata and Daley Blind, a source says. (ESPN) #MUFC

Sounds like a Jose move..

Man united fans seem sceptical

I call B.S. 

Blind was one of our best players last season in a position that he did not favour in the PL. 

He's been a leader for the team and has displayed grit in the PL. He could easily play in midfield and defence. Mourinho likes versatility and he's not about dump a very good player just because he's not physically intimidating or quick as lightning.

Andy Burton has no line of contact into Old Trafford at all. He's best ignored. The only things he knows is that Mourinho previously sold Mata and that Blind is small.

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/sky-sources-blind-and-mata-set-to-leave-this-summer.418109/

Wow, really surprised by that. I thought United would have made sure that Giggs is part of the team for future learning.

Will this be Jose's downfall?

Can't imagine the players will be too happy about this. Definitely not the fans.

Second most successful for me, what RDM did could take a lifetime to achieve and be it through luck or otherwise he did it in a couple of months

Fair enough.  I think Jose's consistent delivery of silverware puts him top for me, even with RDM achieving what he did.  For RDM I think he had Chelsea in his blood and brought in the exact type of mentality that we needed at the time.  His success was in Cup competitions, which even Jose admitted "not always the best team wins."