Brizzleblue

Jose Mourinho thread

I dont think that is true. If you have news articles to reflect that thought - please post it and I will stand corrected. As I remember, HE was not happy with the fitness of our players and he wanted to strengthen and we did not buy any significant players that strengthened us (Pedro may be the lone exception). Also losing out on Cech, Drogba, and even a backup of the quality of Filipe Luis is sure to hurt. He was given a losing hand with the burden of higher expectations to begin the season with.

Over his tenure yes he was. The board did not step in his way when it came to selling Mata kdb Lukaku Schurlle etc. He was given a nice transfer kitty when he arrived and a nice kitty to sign the Spaniards a season later.

The season after, our squad looks like it could use some of those players we sold and just because we don't make great signings (just like several other top clubs didn't) everyone loses their mind and blames the board.

You should never keep a player beyond his will as it can spoil the atmosphere and Cech was determined to leave for Arsenal. We got money for him instead of losing him on free 12 months later. Again the board cannot be blames for granting the request of a club legend.

Luis was another one who wanted out due to lack of game time. Again considering his role at Atleti before and after Chelsea you cannot blame the board. Jose didn't play him.

All that not given a fair hand is nonsense. I wonder what hand Eddie Howe was given when his Bournemouth team turned up to the Bridge with half their squad missing, only to go on and batter us.

He didn't get the signings like Pogba but he still had a squad he moulded of champions. Surely they should be challenging for top 6 at least instead of languishing in relegation.

My mate just showed me his instagram page, his posts and captions show how incredibly he is in love with Manchester United. Fair enough, that's where his heart is and always was. He may have had a special relationship with us fans and also with Inter but his love for United looks fanatical.

I've just had a quick look at his Instagram account and I'm not sure what posts you're referring to when you state they show he is incredibly in love with Man Utd. I don't doubt he'll have a passion from them and will grow to have a special bond with them too but from his posts I just don't see it.

To be fair, I've just looked at his Instagram photos and all of them are off United. One was a picture of Carrington which said "Carrington - so many top people here". Even his first interview sounded like a scousers - "a giant of a club".

I think we should be prepared for Jose to making little digs at us.

Liverpool weren't his employers. Didn't stop him slagging off our fans and heaping praise on their MASSIVELY overrated fan base.

Didn't stop him giving Utd many plaudits when he wasn't employed by them also.

I don't necessarily have a problem with it anymore as I've come to terms where his heart has always been.

Edited by KonaKai Blue

Over his tenure yes he was. The board did not step in his way when it came to selling Mata kdb Lukaku Schurlle etc. He was given a nice transfer kitty when he arrived and a nice kitty to sign the Spaniards a season later.

The nice transfer kitty was the funds received from selling said players.....  It just seems like you are trying to portray a manager who was given loads of cash and then just arbitrarily decided to sell those players.  Im waiting for the posts that starts claiming Mourinho paid clubs to take those players, maybe in a week or so....

I don't necessarily have a problem with it anymore as I've come to terms where his heart has always been.

I've never bought into the 'one of us' stuff but I'm not sure what you're basing that opinion on. If it's just a few sound bites then that's fine but I don't think his heart has always been there.

The nice transfer kitty was the funds received from selling said players..... It just seems like you are trying to portray a manager who was given loads of cash and then just arbitrarily decided to sell those players. Im waiting for the posts that starts claiming Mourinho paid clubs to take those players, maybe in a week or so....

It wasn't arbitrary but yes it was his choice to sell those players who were not even part of his first team plans anyway. Given that fact aswell as being given almost a £300m transfer kitty since his time here; it's laughable to show sympathy to Jose's transfer restrictions

Edited by KonaKai Blue

It wasn't arbitrary but yes it was his choice to sell those players who were not even part of his first team plans anyway. Given that fact aswell as being given almost a £300m transfer kitty since his time here; it's laughable to show sympathy to Jose's transfer restrictions

How much of that £300m was raised through player sales out of interest?

The main point is unlike other clubs in the lower bracket, our best players were not poached and we were not forced to sell. It was a case of several first team caliber players wanting playing time.

The thing is it's easy to throw around sums like £300m spent but I think you need to apply some more context to it.

When you think that almost a third of that amount was recouped by the sales of Mata and Luiz straight away it's not looking as bad.

Consider too how much the two Manchester clubs spent in the same period with little of their spending offset by player sales and again it starts to paint a different picture.

It's clear that some posters on this forum a trying to peddle a narrative and frankly it's quite boring.

"At the end, the atmosphere was a bit heavy. On one side, we did not want [Mourinho] to go because we had lived beautiful things together; but on the other hand we said that if he left it would perhaps be quieter. And that's what happened. But Mourinho is the best coach. Two super beautiful seasons we lived. He gave us a lot, he gave us confidence."

-Eden Hazard; source: TF1

Any chance things will be 'quieter' at United?

Mourinho  are best ever manager and we wont forget what he did for us

and for that reason allown he should be given the respect that a returning great can expect

from the greatest fans in the world as no other clubs supporters have  ever shown the support and loyalty

to a manager that has been doing so terrible for such a long period.

IN saying that I believe that a standing ovation wth a round of applause is an apropriate gesture as he is no longer a Blue

and for that reason the days of the e Mourinho Mourinho chant should be left in the dressing room , he does not need our support and does not deserve it on this occassion our own players will want to hear that they have our support as some will have there own perticular scores to settle and we should be showing the world that Morinho is our History and Conte and the team is what we support

Not sure I follow, are you saying a standing round of applause for Jose and then leave it at that? If so I agree.

yes sorry if i tended to waffle a bit  a standing round of applause for Jose and then leave it at that