Jose Mourinho thread

5 minutes ago, Jonty said:

It is a bit embarrassing really the way Mourinho is now suddenly the reason everything turned to sh*te,

13 minutes ago, reparto corse said:

I really don´t understand how people have turned on Mourinho despite his record at the club.

The day he went to manyoo, all that  special crap went with him.

1 minute ago, coco said:

Because we are Chelsea. Best club in the world.

So please tell me what Mourinho should have done according to you? Where should he have signed instead?

Manchester United manager was by far the most attractive job for any manager and he took it. 

Just as any sane person would have done. 

You can´t seriously expect him to sign with some low-profile team. Especially not since we kicked him out, didn´t show any support in the transfer window and generally didn´t have any patience. It was between Mourinho and the squad and Chelsea chose the squad hoping that a new manager would fix things. Where is the loyalty in that? Turned out Hiddink couldn´t fix them and Conte wont fix anything either unless the management starts realizing that our squad isn´t good enough anymore. 

6 minutes ago, reparto corse said:

So please tell me what Mourinho should have done according to you? Where should he have signed instead?

Manchester United manager was by far the most attractive job for any manager and he took it. 

Just as any sane person would have done. 

You can´t seriously expect him to sign with some low-profile team. Especially not since we kicked him out, didn´t show any support in the transfer window and generally didn´t have any patience. It was between Mourinho and the squad and Chelsea chose the squad hoping that a new manager would fix things. Where is the loyalty in that? Turned out Hiddink couldn´t fix them and Conte wont fix anything either unless the management starts realizing that our squad isn´t good enough anymore. 

Spot On. The squad Mourinho put together isn't good enough any more. But he's happy now 'cos he can spend £89m on the likes of Pogba. 

Just now, Nibs said:

Spot On. The squad Mourinho put together isn't good enough any more. But he's happy now 'cos he can spend £89m on the likes of Pogba. 

No way in hell can you believe that Mourinho went to Roman in the summer of 2015 and said: "hey I dont need any new signings. we are going to be just fine".

It is totally clear that neither Mourinho or Conte(at least thus far) have had much say in who we sign. There is no other explanation for signings like Baba Rahman and Djilobodji. 

4 minutes ago, reparto corse said:

No way in hell can you believe that Mourinho went to Roman in the summer of 2015 and said: "hey I dont need any new signings. we are going to be just fine".

It is totally clear that neither Mourinho or Conte(at least thus far) have had much say in who we sign. There is no other explanation for signings like Baba Rahman and Djilobodji. 

But it would have been Mourinho's decision to part with the players who would massively improve our current situation - KDB, Lukaku, Mata, Schurrle. Some folk seem happy to give Mourinho all the credit for getting our squad to over-achieve and win the PL but when it all went pear-shaped and we became sh*t, it was the clubs fault for not backing him. Nobody forced him to sell those players - it was his bad judgement call 

The trouble with Mourinho these days, it seems the only way he can assemble a squad is by spending huge sums of money or getting in the tried and tested. Always the sort-term - never long-term.

1 minute ago, Nibs said:

But it would have been Mourinho's decision to part with the players who would massively improve our current situation - KDB, Lukaku, Mata, Schurrle. Some folk seem happy to give Mourinho all the credit for getting our squad to over-achieve and win the PL but when it all went pear-shaped and we became sh*t, it was the clubs fault for not backing him. Nobody forced him to sell those players - it was his bad judgement call 

The trouble with Mourinho these days, it seems the only way he can assemble a squad is by spending huge sums of money or getting in the tried and tested. Always the sort-term - never long-term.

It might have been his decision. We don´t really know. I don´t really mind selling Lukaku and I am glad we sold Schürrle who can´t even impress in the Bundesliga anymore. So the only ones I really regret are KDB and Mata.

What I do know for sure is that it can´t have been Mourinho´s decision to not sign any even half-decent players in the summer of 2015. No manager wants his squad to just stagnate or even get worse since our defenders have been declining fast for a while now. 

Every manager in the world spends huge sums of money on new players. It is the only way to be competitive. Can´t blame JM for that.

38 minutes ago, Jonty said:

United is infinitely more bearable than Arsenal in my books.

And as a manager he was also far more limited in his options.

I think that depends how you grew up. Way back when, I had loads of Arsenal mates. I even went away with Arsenal once, to Goodison, and never got touched. I would never have dreamed of going away with West Ham or Tottenham especially, my life would literally have been at risk. I'd probably have been safe enough going away with Cockney Reds but again, I wouldn't have dreamed of doing so, Cockney Reds as a breed being largely looked down on as the lowest of the low.

As for Mourinho, I thought it was a mistake to bring him back, not least because of the massive amount of baggage he brings with him. It might be nice, comforting even, to think of Jose Mourinho as one of our own. Truth is he never was. Jose Mourino is Jose Mourinho's. Harking back to the past again. I've got no more affection for Mourinho as manager of Man U than I did for Dave Sexton as manager of QPR. or of Man U come to that.

Just my opinion perhaps.. but despite his previous successes at the club, Mourinho bears a massive amount of responsibility for the posiition we currently find ourselves in. Earlier in this thread, someone wrote that a manager can't make players play badly. No but he can spread disruption, he can undermine player's confidence, and last season he spread disruption and undermined the confidence of any number of players. With a vengeance.

When the stories first broke of Mourinho's ambition to become manager of Man U, my opinion was that it was no more than Man U propaganda, bolstered no end by the Man U lovers in the media. Looking at last season I'm not so sure. It's so easy to blame the players - the same players who won the league at a canter the previous season - giving Mourinho a free pass. Not so. Almost from the word go, Mourinho was bang at it. and when he finally went it was a blessed relief. I can't no for  sure, but I suspect that had Mourinho stayed n charge for the entire season, we'd have been fighting a relegation battle, might even be playing in the Championship this season. And Mourinho would have gone on to manage Man U, blaming the players who's confidence he had undermined, blaming the board - who I have no doubt would have taken advice from Mourinho.

Go back to last pre-season. It was at Mourinho's behest that the players came back late. Pre-season was a disaster, we looked nowhere near ready at Wembley n the Charity Shield or for the first match of the season. Remember the fiasco caused by Mourinho by calling out the medical staff?

With regard to Chelsea FC, that Special One tag died a death long ago. Now he's history. The silverware won under Mourinho's management remains, but who can really know that another, less controversial, less contentious manager might have done even better. By for instance, not falling out with the owner.

Like I said, Jose Mourinho is not and never truly was one of ours. Jose Mourinho is Jose Mourinho's/ And now he's gone.

f**k him.

It was never going to take long before a section of our fans began to turn on jose after he left us. Whether he did let our best players go or if he did sabotage a great side is all for another discussion but it is thanks to jose mourinho that rival clubs now spoute and sing all sorts of crap about our supporters being sh*te, fans that have held seasons tickets for 20+ years and turn up in rain, wind or shine. So no, f**k him.

Anyone noticed he's been rotating his starting XI a little more than he did with us in his second stint? May have been because he didn't trust the players on the bench (which I think is a laughable thing), but he has Fellaini in some games, Mata in others, even Lingard.   He even dropped Rooney to try and find a better balance, he never considered dropping Ivanovic when he was in poor form.

1 hour ago, Van Butsen said:

Anyone noticed he's been rotating his starting XI a little more than he did with us in his second stint? May have been because he didn't trust the players on the bench (which I think is a laughable thing), but he has Fellaini in some games, Mata in others, even Lingard.   He even dropped Rooney to try and find a better balance, he never considered dropping Ivanovic when he was in poor form.

From what I've seen, the advantage of a Fellaini-Pogba midfield is that they're going to have a very good chance of winning the first ball (for the most part from a long goal kick).

I imagine he's more comfortable rotating at Man Utd because their squad has so many more options than we have had over the past two seasons. Regarding Ivanovic, there was no reason to drop him in 2014/15 as he was playing so well; last season the only alternative were two unproven players in Rahman (who didn't look ready) and Kenedy (who was relatively new to the position).

4 hours ago, The Brit said:

As long as you blame him for winning us three titles too

No, I credit him with that. Always have, always will. But that's going back to when he was good and he was ours. Before he lost it and became just another enemy.

Edited by Nibs