Brizzleblue

Jose Mourinho thread

I'm all for a bit acknowledgement in form of light applause before kick-off but anyone who actually sings Mourinho's name and thinks that's a good idea really needs to take a long hard look at themselves.

9 minutes ago, Nibs said:

I'm all for a bit acknowledgement in form of light applause before kick-off but anyone who actually sings Mourinho's name and thinks that's a good idea really needs to take a long hard look at themselves.

Yeah during the game against our rivals it would have a negative effect on our side and disrespectful of our current manager.

Before kick off we will hear/see some sort of acknowledgment to Jose but when the first whistle sounds it should be all about Chels and Conte.

during the game perhaps we shouldn't, but before it and after it I don't see why not. far lesser figures from our history have got that treatment, so I don't see why he shouldn't. he won 3 of the 5 titles in our 111 year existence!

I'm not saying banners or chants need to be designated, arranged or required, but if it happens, it happens. I think it would be odd not to acknowledge one of the most important figures the club has ever had. 

p.s. I've rated conte for a long time and absolutely still do, but offending his sensibilities isn't a concern of mine. until he or someone else changes it, jose is the yardstick against whom all other chelsea managers must be measured IMO.

Edited by g3.7

3 hours ago, g3.7 said:

p.s. I've rated conte for a long time and absolutely still do, but offending his sensibilities isn't a concern of mine. until he or someone else changes it, jose is the yardstick against whom all other chelsea managers must be measured IMO.

Further to that I'd have thought that Conte would find it decidedly odd if there was no acknowledgment/applause for Mourinho either before, during or after the game.

Perhaps it's just me but just can't understand those among us who have to constantly bleat or whine about Jose - he's the enemy now blah blah blah - it's so f**kin' tiresome & boorish - I mean how hard is it to be respectful? Not very hard at all as it turns out & it's decidedly un-classy not to be so even for those among us who have "issues" ala Mourinho.

I like the hint of irony there Youlots in using terms such as respectful and un-classy when on the topic of our old mate Jose!! 

Still fond & happy memories of first-time around and what he and we achieved and nothing will take those memories away. But as I've said before, that was all tarnished by how things deteriorated and ended second time around. So him now returning to The Bridge as Manager of Man Utd, well IMO, that's not the time to start renditions of "for he's a jolly good fellow". Bit of applause as he comes out of the tunnel - fine nothing wrong with that - classy and respectful. But if the old familiar chants of "Jose Mourinho" start up and the sheep follow, that, IMO, will be cringe-worthy.

Has there ever been another manager who sends seasoned players, who are not quite dead and still have something to offer, to train with the under 23's just because he doesn't like them?

14 minutes ago, Van Butsen said:

Has there ever been another manager who sends seasoned players, who are not quite dead and still have something to offer, to train with the under 23's just because he doesn't like them?

82_anelka_1419733a.jpg1419734.main_image.jpg

30CE01E000000578-3427859-image-m-2_14544

I don't remember Annelka or Alex being shunned into the 23's, but can certainly remember Malouda.. not sure which manager that was?

Must be a recipe for success if Pep is doing it, I'd say Joe Hart would have had the same treatment had Torino not stepped up.

5 hours ago, Van Butsen said:

I don't remember Annelka or Alex being shunned into the 23's, but can certainly remember Malouda.. not sure which manager that was?

Under AVB, they were both banished from the first-team squad around October/November time in 2011. They never appeared for us again and both left in January.

Think it was Robbie in 2012. Malouda tweeted a picture of the youth acadamy and said "This is where I'll train for my last season with the blues!"

Something like that.

On 14/10/2016 at 07:47, AlexTommo said:

Think it was Robbie in 2012. Malouda tweeted a picture of the youth acadamy and said "This is where I'll train for my last season with the blues!"

Something like that.

Probably more a dispute with the club than Robbie specifically, since Benitez didn't bring him back into the first team.

I'm hoping we can quickly acknowledge him with an applause for our appreciation of what he provided to the club before the match starts because in reality we never properly got to say goodbye to him. After that, it's game on!

I was one of Jose's biggest supporters and still am, but I don't think it would be appropriate to chant his name on Sunday. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened in snippets though.

Edited by Jezz

I still love him, although i do think he had to go last year, such is the nature of football. 

I agree though it would be better to not chant his name throughout the match, maybe a quick rendition when we are 3 nil up in stoppage time, but i think an applause for him would be the better option.

We have never beaten a mourinho team, and united have a terrible record at the bridge, hopefully it will be the latter trend which continues tomorrow.

Don't care about him, destroyed his Chelsea legacy in his final season it's best we ignore him, pretend he never managed Chelsea. He'd love it if we booed him.

Once again a newly registered account, mods have to look into this...

14 minutes ago, Essien19 said:

Once again a newly registered account, mods have to look into this...

If you want the mods to look into it, you have to report the post. (button just about the post).  With the best will in the world, the mods can't read every single post made.  If you find it suspicious, it's up to you to report it.

44 minutes ago, Essien19 said:

If there's one guy who knows how to win at Chelsea, it's Mourinho. Let's see if he gets his revenge. Club f**ked him badly..

Not really, they gave him ample opportunities to turn it around, but he was a disaster that last season.