Brizzleblue

Jose Mourinho thread

Mourinho done nothing in his 2nd spell here to deserve a good reception tomorrow, 3rd, a title win mainly won by Hazard, also to remind every other team was poor, we were too good from start to finish, then nearly relegating us. We can't live off nostalgia from Mourinho's first spell here, it happened a decade ago, we need to move on as we have a better manager now.

31 minutes ago, MariaCFC said:

Mourinho done nothing in his 2nd spell here to deserve a good reception tomorrow, 3rd, a title win mainly won by Hazard, also to remind every other team was poor, we were too good from start to finish, then nearly relegating us. We can't live off nostalgia from Mourinho's first spell here, it happened a decade ago, we need to move on as we have a better manager now.

I think you've contradicted yourself here.

1 hour ago, Beerqueen said:

Absolute crap!  A title win always has a lot to do with the manager.  One player does not win a title.

Costa, Cesc, Courtois, Terry, Matic were all quality in the first half of the season yeah, but we were level on points with City at the start of January, Mourinho became a coward and started parking the bus and relied on Hazard, and his impact won us the title. So one player technically did secure the title for us.

Edited by MariaCFC

1 hour ago, PloKoon13 said:

So it was Mourinho's fault that we played poorly in the first half of last season but us being by far the best side in the league the previous season had nothing to do with him? You can't have it both ways.

His outbursts and losing the dressing room cost us

1 hour ago, dkw said:

So that means we completely forget about the titles and trophies we won under his management does it? Does it bollocks.

Most of those which came a decade ago, he's history now, we need to forget about him and move on.

I loved Jose when he was here and really thought he would be here with us for 6-10 years. It stings to see him at United. 

Hes cleary being complimentary about the fans and the support we showed him but there are few little digs at the club such as "the fans have no power", "Roman wasn't his friend". 

I hope the players do not show him respect on the pitch and tear his United team apart. Off the pitch, the fans and players should show him respect but not during the game. He's the enemy for 90 mins. 

16 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

If one player could win a title with a crap manager, Liverpool would've won it the year before.

Liverpool could've done it if it wasn't for the slip. And I never said Mourinho is crap, just a coward for parking buses and relying on Hazard, when we were level on points in Janaury with City, Hazard delivered by himself. Costa, Cesc declined in the 2nd half of the season.

Just now, MariaCFC said:

Liverpool could've done it if it wasn't for the slip. And I never said Mourinho is crap, just a coward for parking buses and relying on Hazard, when we were level on points in Janaury with City, Hazard delivered by himself. Costa, Cesc declined in the 2nd half of the season.

Yeah we were level on points in January and won the league by 8 points..........  So what does that say then?

1 hour ago, Beerqueen said:

Yeah we were level on points in January and won the league by 8 points..........  So what does that say then?

It says City blew it.

1 hour ago, kiwi1691 said:

It says City blew it.

I hate it that even our own fans make our achievement suck!  We won the f**king league  not because of other teams failing but because we were the best that year.  Not because City  or anyone else failed but because we were the best.  For f**ks sake.  I don't expect to have to justify our winning on our own forum.

1 minute ago, Beerqueen said:

I hate it that even our own fans make our achievement suck!  We won the f**king league  not because of other teams failing but because we were the best that year.  Not because City  or anyone else failed but because we were the best.  For f**ks sake.  I don't expect to have to justify our winning on our own forum.

So one league title surpasses the damage he did?

I'm out of this discussion now.  If winning the league doesn't count for anything I really can't comment.  I would have given anything back in the 80s to be in contention for the title - I would have laughed if you had said we would not be happy with winning the league by default , because we hadn't played well in the last throes of the season!  FFS get a grip.

Talk about spoiled fans.