Jose Mourinho thread

Brizzleblue

8 minutes ago, JM7 said:

How will you fee about Jose if he ends being a bigger legend at United than at Chelsea? Say he does go onto manage United for 10 years plus,will it affect your view of him?

No, wont affect it one bit. What he did at Chelsea is now a glorious part of our history, what he goes on to do elsewhere should have no affect on that at all. I`m not sure why it should, do you think it should?

13 minutes ago, dkw said:

Such a moronic thing to say, its bitterness like this that embarrasses proper fans.

That brilliant league title in 2015 is very inconvenient for some people and the narrative they're trying to peddle. I'm sure some would have been delighted if we hadn't won it just so they could prove a point about Mourinho.

In our 111 year history we have won the league title five times. 

This inspite of the unprecedented amounts of money that Roman has invested in the club. 

Of those five league titles Jose Mourinho won three of them.

Three titles won in five full seasons at the club. 

And despite all this I still read comments from Chelsea fans bad mouthing him. 

Mourinho deserves nothing but our contempt.

At United, he’ll have small victories along the way, he may even have one today, after all, we’re a team still in recovery from his toxic presence and patients need time to recover from major illnesses. But he will never deliver what Manchester United want and that’s attractive, winning football. He won’t deliver a major trophy either because he’s an outdated and outmoded presence, superseded and surrounded by newer, more progressive managers.

It will dawn on Manchester United fans over the course of this season that the Individual is a busted flush and he will suffer greatly as a result of his inability to deliver. I upgraded my television last week. It was a decision carried out on a whim and it came at a great cost, but one of the major upsides will be actually getting to see hair after hair falling out of Mourinho's scalp in glorious Ultra HD over the course of the season, due to the sheer levels of stress he will be under.

Seeing him humiliated and forever tainted come the end of what will be a disastrous spell at United, will be a joy to behold.

Edited by Kablamo

9 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

I'm out of this discussion now.  If winning the league doesn't count for anything I really can't comment.  I would have given anything back in the 80s to be in contention for the title - I would have laughed if you had said we would not be happy with winning the league by default , because we hadn't played well in the last throes of the season!  FFS get a grip.

Talk about spoiled fans.

Your generation have lower expectations. I'm younger (24) so I've only seen Chelsea through good times and that 15/16 season, so obviously I'll haven higher expectations and not glorify the current Manchester United manager for being successful 10 years ago at Chelsea.

I have nothing against Mourinho's ability, he is or was a good manager, but the fact nearly relegating us, going to United and calling it his dream club should annoy every Chelsea fan, after what he's said about being a proper Chelsea man. I know a lot of Chelsea fans still have a soft spot for Mourinho because of his personality, but I dont know how you can like a man that only cares for himself.

21 hours ago, timetowaste said:

He'll always be one of us, no matter how it ended or where he goes.

He's no longer one of us. He was and yeah, thanks for the memories but let's move on. I can't entertain "he'll always be one of us", not after how it all ended second time around and the fact he's Man Utd manager FFS!!

Will always love and respect the bloke for what he did for us and nothing he does now will ever change that I believe Yep, it wasn't good last season and he made mistakes, (who doesn't), but I know with certainty it wasn't all down to him.

Similar parallels with Lampard. Said he could never see himself playing against Chelsea and yet went to one of our major rivals. I couldn't care less. Still a legend for what he did with us. Same as Jose.

24 minutes ago, just said:

Will always love and respect the bloke for what he did for us and nothing he does now will ever change that I believe Yep, it wasn't good last season and he made mistakes, (who doesn't), but I know with certainty it wasn't all down to him.

Similar parallels with Lampard. Said he could never see himself playing against Chelsea and yet went to one of our major rivals. I couldn't care less. Still a legend for what he did with us. Same as Jose.

For me it's different.

Frank spent nearly all of his career with us, in over a decade of his life. He was a great ambassador for the club in that time, one of the best professional footballers you could ever wish for. He played a major role in us winning every trophy, the full house.

Mourinho is still a legend though.

8 minutes ago, just said:

Think you're stretching it a bit there just, comparing Lampard to Mourinho. After Super Franks numerous years of being a top player for us and an ambassador for professional footballers everywhere, he came back to play for a rival through the back door for which he actually looked embarrassed. I actually had no problem with it as I have no problem with JM managing Utd. 

My own personnel stance on Mourinho is that I was fully behind his first couple of years he was with us and was grateful for the success he brought to us although sometimes I wasn't fussed on his style of play. I do think that other managers could have brought similar success with the biggest budget available in the premier at that time although as we've seen the biggest budget garantees nothing. Initially on his second stint I did not want him to come back as he just seems to cause friction wherever he goes but hoped that he had changed. Started off well enough and his play had become more attractive however soon the old Jose returned but even worst. Blaming players, rowing with the press, having a go at the fans, everyone's fault but joses.

One of his biggest mistakes IMO was letting two of Europes best young hopefuls leave the club. People will say that they wanted to leave, I think that is what JM said, but someone with better man management skills and less arrogance could probably have embraced them more and hopefully kept them at the club.

Many people like yourself Just, love and respect the man for what he has done, personally I find him really hard to stomach. I would never put him in the same league as Lampard as a Chelsea legend. Couldn't care if his career bombed with Utd and he disappeared out of the Premiership forever.

Onwards and upwards with Conte.

It will defintely be interesting to see what happens with Jose and how it pans out. His United team definitely don't look like a "unit" with great team spirit. Jose can't seem to get that right these days. 

3 minutes ago, goose said:

Think you're stretching it a bit there just, comparing Lampard to Mourinho. After Super Franks numerous years of being a top player for us and an ambassador for professional footballers everywhere, he came back to play for a rival through the back door for which he actually looked embarrassed. I actually had no problem with it as I have no problem with JM managing Utd. 

My own personnel stance on Mourinho is that I was fully behind his first couple of years he was with us and was grateful for the success he brought to us although sometimes I wasn't fussed on his style of play. I do think that other managers could have brought similar success with the biggest budget available in the premier at that time although as we've seen the biggest budget garantees nothing. Initially on his second stint I did not want him to come back as he just seems to cause friction wherever he goes but hoped that he had changed. Started off well enough and his play had become more attractive however soon the old Jose returned but even worst. Blaming players, rowing with the press, having a go at the fans, everyone's fault but joses.

One of his biggest mistakes IMO was letting two of Europes best young hopefuls leave the club. People will say that they wanted to leave, I think that is what JM said, but someone with better man management skills and less arrogance could probably have embraced them more and hopefully kept them at the club.

Many people like yourself Just, love and respect the man for what he has done, personally I find him really hard to stomach. I would never put him in the same league as Lampard as a Chelsea legend. Couldn't care if his career bombed with Utd and he disappeared out of the Premiership forever.

Onwards and upwards with Conte.

Letting DeBruyne and Lukaku go is one of those things managers do. United have paid a world record fee to get back a young player Ferguson let go and he was a pretty decent manager. 

I haven't got the same issues others have with Jose as I accept his character flaws and don't necessarily believe everything I read and hear about him. I'm not saying you do Goose but some on here seize on every negative quote or newspaper article and offer it as proof he's the Antichrist. Though I agree he was a great role model even Frank's time at Chelsea wasn't completely blemish free; the allegations of his behaviour with other young players after 9/11, the alleged procrastinating and monetary demands over the last contract, and he did say he could never see himself playing against us and yet when the opportunity came, he took it.

None of it matters to me, though seeing Lamps in a Citeh shirt certainly wasn't enjoyable, it was what he did with us, for us, that counts and lives in my memory. Same with Jose.

6 minutes ago, JM7 said:

It will defintely be interesting to see what happens with Jose and how it pans out. His United team definitely don't look like a "unit" with great team spirit. Jose can't seem to get that right these days. 

Jose always comes into his own in his second season.

Yes he's spent a lot of money at United already but there was a lot of work to be done with that squad.

The problem Jose has is how many times can he move clubs and keep creating the same team template?

26 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Yes he's spent a lot of money at United already but there was a lot of work to be done with that squad.

The problem Jose has is how many times can he move clubs and keep creating the same team template?

Yeah definitely. Everywhere he has been has tried to replicate the same team template. He did it with us in second stint in getting rid of Cech and replacing him for a younger keeper, winning the league cup etc. 

He's also lost his ability to create a strong team bond and work ethic. He's teams are not as closed nit as they used to be. 

2 hours ago, Nibs said:

He's no longer one of us. He was and yeah, thanks for the memories but let's move on. I can't entertain "he'll always be one of us", not after how it all ended second time around and the fact he's Man Utd manager FFS!!

I've totally moved on, but it doesn't mean that I can't have affection for the guy still, if I was at the Bridge today I would have given him a standing ovation pre-game. He'll always have a special place in the club's history and I don't think the fans should forget that, he's never come out and spoke badly about the club no matter how it ended.

46 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Not sure if that's entirely true about José's "second season". It certainly wasn't at Inter, Chelsea or Porto when he won major trophies in his first season and he has always cultivated a culture of instant success as part of his image. Similarly, while he didn't instantly win major trophies with Chelsea 2.0 or Real Madrid, he tranformed both clubs from being uncompetitive to competitive in the space of a season. 

It sounds too much like a post-hoc justification to say he "always" comes into his own in the second season.

It's far too early to judge him at Utd but there are some concerning tendencies if you're a Man U fan - the reckless paranoia, the player favouritism, the personal attacks. He presents as a very different persona to the 'successful' Mourinho.

Edited by SydneyChelsea

It has taken a long time, but we have finally laid Mourinho's ghost to rest and well and truly moved on...we are not pining for him any more, many of his old guard are no longer bossing the dressing room, we have also changed formation...

however, as I said in matchday forum, part of me is sad to see our greatest manager a shadow of what he used to be...I kind of miss his old aura, self confidence and panache...now he just looks tired, withered and out of ideas.

Of course I'm a chelsea fan first and foremost and delighted we thrashed Utd today...not going to forget what Mourinho did in the past for us though...was he flawless? No. was he the best coach we ever had? Undoubtedly.

Don't see why any fan would want to forget that or pick holes in his legacy 

Edited by The Brit

If what Jose said was true, I say he lost it and won't ever be the same again. In his time, he has done plenty of over the top celebration, as fans we all loved it. Now the shoe is on the other foot, it's pretty potful he couldn't handle it. I mean, if Conte wanted to humiliate United, he'd kept Hazard on and going for the 5.