Brizzleblue

Jose Mourinho thread

48 minutes ago, The Brit said:

It has taken a long time, but we have finally laid Mourinho's ghost to rest and well and truly moved on...we are not pining for him any more, many of his old guard are no longer bossing the dressing room, we have also changed formation...

however, as I said in matchday forum, part of me is sad to see our greatest manager a shadow of what he used to be...I kind of miss his old aura, self confidence and panache...now he just looks tired, withered and out of ideas.

Of course I'm a chelsea fan first and foremost and delighted we thrashed Utd today...not going to forget what Mourinho did in the past for us though...was he flawless? No. was he the best coach we ever had? Undoubtedly.

Don't see why any fan would want to forget that or pick holes in his legacy 

Excellent post.

I can't help but still love Jose because he was a part of something that I never thought I would see in my lifetime and that was winning a top-flight title and dominating English football over a three-year period under his coaching leadership. It's something that you cannot forget despite the circumstances of his exit from us. 

I had massive hopes and expectations in his second stint and it all seemed good at the end of his second season with us, but something changed for the worst and he hasn't recovered from that experience. Still a legend in my eyes, but the days of pining for him are non-existent. He's a part of our history, a very special part of our history but I suspect nearly everyone has moved on and so has he.

Now, the attention should be on Antonio Conte now. His passion and charisma is infectious and he's galvanised the playing group and supporters this season. We needed a strong figure to turn things around and so far I've been impressed.

My thoughts on Jose...

I will always appreciate and admire what Jose did here, we had great success under him and in his first spell I loved him. In his second spell though, even when things were going well I found myself cringing at some of his comments. At times I flat out disagreed with him and I never did that in his first spell. I think I lost a great deal of respect for the man in that second spell. I will however never have regret for him coming back, we had a smashing season in 2015/16 winning both the league cup and the title. Anyone who writes that off is an idiot plain and simple. It's not easy to win a league title and it's also not easy to win cup competitions yet people forget that.

I do think however given his comments to Conte, he's come off looking like a sore loser and abit of a prat

Edited by Bobbywoodhogan

5 hours ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

My thoughts on Jose...

I will always appreciate and admire what Jose did here, we had great success under him and in his first spell I loved him. In his second spell though, even when things were going well I found myself cringing at some of his comments. At times I flat out disagreed with him and I never did that in his first spell. I think I lost a great deal of respect for the man in that second spell. I will however never have regret for him coming back, we had a smashing season in 2015/16 winning both the league cup and the title. Anyone who writes that off is an idiot plain and simple. It's not easy to win a league title and it's also not easy to win cup competitions yet people forget that.

I do think however given his comments to Conte, he's come off looking like a sore loser and abit of a prat

You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Jose got 3 easier league games coming up, if he manages to win them all, United is back on track for the title race again. I think any talk of Jose in trouble is premature, any of the top 5 teams could go to the top after 2-3 games. What I do believe is, he gradually lost that charm factor by criticising and alienating players. The former German captain is definitely not within his plan, Rooney looks like frozen out, the big signing from Germany didn't get picked again after 1 poor game, Shaw dropped, Carrick not picked, Mata not good enough to start the big games. Somehow he still manage to pick Fellani and even Young for a game. I'm loving it when Jose got a mess to deal with, and he thought managing Chelsea was hard work.

11 hours ago, kiwi1691 said:

It's a shame for him and the family on a personal level as at the end of the day family is everything and they seem to be a close knitted group.

It's a job though and he knew the problems before he accepted it so he can't really wallow in it now knowing before hand what it would entail.

At the end of the day he can afford numerous modes of fast transport to see them whenever his football demands are finished which is better than those who have to work away from home for long periods.

I think because things are not going the way he would like these kind of things get said as some sort of back up to why he appears under pressure.

I find it interesting to see people saying he's no longer one of us because he went to United etc and it's different to Lampard etc..

Indeed it is different to Lampards situation, he wasn't sacked by the club... twice!!

(He also said he wouldn't rule out working in England again if he was sacked the second time I believe, Lampard specifically said he wouldn't play for another English team & then he did - it's by the by because he's still a legend to me anyway but I'm just making the point).

I just can't get my head around the vitriol towards the greatest manager in our history & some of the abuse he takes on here lately is embarrassing by some.

I get that everyone loves Conte at the moment and I agree he seems great but the fact people are now saying 'who cares about Jose' 'he was never that special' etc etc...

It actually makes me cringe & I can see why some opposition fans have such a negative view of our support, we have some really spoilt fans. It's not even just young ones either, it's some of our longer standing supporters as well.

Mourinho done what he done at the weekend for one reason, to shift attention from the poor United performance, he's spent his career doing it. Everyone lapped it up when he was our manager and now they're condemning him for it. It's so hypocritical it's unreal.

I still firmly believe Jose is a massive part of the success we've had over the last 10  years plus. I wish him nothing but the best personally & professionally as long as he comes second behind us!!

He'll forever be a Chelsea legend in my eyes.

Also let's bare in mind it's early days in the Conte era, we've had good starts under new managers before. Hopefully he's the man for us, but I'll reserve saying he's the messiah for longer than a couple of months. 

Anyway, that's my rant over, I don't mean to offend anyone but the abuse towards our most successful manager really gets on my nerves.

Not really, he tends to say those things. 

Inters fans were like family

Chelsea were his people

Hes just trying to keep them onside after getting battered by us the other day, most managers do these days. Give it a bore draw and some booing at the Theatre of Nightmares and he will be digging into them.

1 hour ago, JM7 said:

Jose: "My heart belongs to the fans. I feel deeply for them. I never had fans like these ones. We lost 4-0 and they supported."

Sly dig by Jose there. 

Seen a longer version of this quote and it is poor from Jose...in trying to suck up to utd fans in hope they forget 4-0 loss to Chelsea, he takes a pop at us to win favour...clearly forgot all the many games we stood by him when he was losing week after week last season

Now admittedly, I'm not a fan of Jose Mourinho. I've never kept that a secret. 

However a lot of my fellow Chelsea fans are and in my opinion, kept him in a job last season with their overwhelming support on matchdays. Far longer than he deserved to be with his appalling conduct, "asset stripping" long term planning and to put it lightly, questionable tactics.

Manager Mourinho felt it was time to show his fighting qualities and thanked fans and players for helping deliver an important result.

“It was a big defeat with numbers that the history of this club does not deserve,” he said. “I felt deeply for the fans because they were still supporting. It is easy to be a Man Utd fan when you are winning the treble or five titles in seven years, not so much when you are losing 4-0.

“That’s why I am proud today, the spirit of the supporters is phenomenal here, I never had people like these ones. The love the people have for the club is bigger than bad results and bigger than three bad seasons.

That's the measure of the man. Maybe a few more will now see and judge him how I do.

He's also in rapid decline as a manager, and something tells me I'm not a lone voice with this viewpoint anymore.

Edited by Kablamo

Mourinho charged with misconduct by the FA for comments made ahead of the Liverpool game. 

Odds on Mourinho to claim there is a campaign against him and his team?

I thought he's dead according to your rip? Why are you even interested in a dead man?!

6 hours ago, Kablamo said:

Now admittedly, I'm not a fan of Jose Mourinho. I've never kept that a secret. 

However a lot of my fellow Chelsea fans are and in my opinion, kept him in a job last season with their overwhelming support on matchdays. Far longer than he deserved to be with his appalling conduct, "asset stripping" long term planning and to put it lightly, questionable tactics.

That's the measure of the man. Maybe a few more will now see and judge him how I do.

He's also in rapid decline as a manager, and something tells me I'm not a lone voice with this viewpoint anymore.

That's a good point. Had the fans turned on him sooner it's hard to imagine he would have gotten as much time as he did. 

Atmosphere wasn't always that good. Jose often had to push the crowd. Away support is fantastic, but at home, sometimes it could be better, imo. Anyway, he's trying to interact with their fans, nothing to see there, tbf, their home support is good.

No it actually was a dig at us and given his past criticism of our fans it sure seems like a shot at us. here's the full quote 

"It was a big defeat [at Chelsea], numbers that the history of this club doesn't deserve," he said. "Obviously when I am in a club my heart belongs to the fans and I felt deeply for them
"But the reality is that I never had people like these. We lost 4-0 and they were supportive.
"Today the stadium was full – not full of people, full of real support – and it looks like the love that people have for the club is bigger than bad results, bigger than three bad seasons".

So when were in 16th last year and the entire stadium sang his name that wasnt being supportive? He's bitter we smashed his ass here at the bridge. Real Support? So I guess us Chelsea fans aren't real supporters. I can guarantee you those "great fans" wouldn't be singing his name if they were in 16th place and fighting relegation.

edit: I'm not trying to be anti jose nothing could be further from the truth. Hes a f**king icon and He's given me and countless others the best memories we could have hoped for as chelsea fans but I just don't understand why he needs to take a sh*t at us fans. We never stopped backing him and then he just acts like we were never real football fans. 

Edited by IndianaBlue85

6 hours ago, Stim said:

Manager talks up his clubs fans. More news at 11.

Well, you and your other Mourinhoistas can keep on telling yourselves that if it helps you all sleep better at night (where I imagine you also all wipe your backsides over your pillows so you can keep breathing in his familiar scent).

13 minutes ago, IndianaBlue85 said:

No it actually was a dig at us and given his past criticism of our fans it sure seems like a shot at us. here's the full quote 

"It was a big defeat [at Chelsea], numbers that the history of this club doesn't deserve," he said. "Obviously when I am in a club my heart belongs to the fans and I felt deeply for them
"But the reality is that I never had people like these. We lost 4-0 and they were supportive.
"Today the stadium was full – not full of people, full of real support – and it looks like the love that people have for the club is bigger than bad results, bigger than three bad seasons.

So when were in 16th last year and the entire stadium sang his name that wasnt being supportive? He's bitter we smashed his ass here at the bridge. Real Support? So I guess us Chelsea fans aren't real supporters. I can guarantee you those "great fans" wouldn't be singing his name if they were in 16th place and fighting relegation.

This.

It's a dig, as clear as day.

And a shameful one too when you consider there were fans who sang his name through the very lowest points of last season. *And, on the evidence of this thread, would still sing his name now.

Edited by Kablamo

Agreed Kablamo, now I will admit I'm a huge Jose fan ( not near as much now but I will always be great full for everything he did) but these comments are just a clear dig at us about cheering when things are going well. Does he not remember the fans singing his name while we lost every game and continued our slide towards relegation? 

21 minutes ago, Kablamo said:

Well, you and your other Mourinhoistas can keep on telling yourselves that if it helps you all sleep better at night (where I imagine you also all wipe your backsides over your pillows so you can keep breathing in his familiar scent).

And you keep closely following everything he says swearing its all about you.

I sleep fine. It's you I'm worried about.

His team lost to another rival badly, and he says the same things all managers say to keep them on their side. You think he was gonna praise us? That would have gone down well. Utterly paranoid.

Edited by Stim

Are people honestly expecting Mourinho to come out and say

"Yeah the United fans are okay but the ones I had at my last employer were loads better"

Especially after a game where the club he used to work for has just dished out Mourinho's biggest loss since over at United?

I think some of you go out of your way to take offence with Mourinho and micro analyse everything he says looking for double meaning or sub context about Chelsea. 

I mean if you don't like him (anymore) then take heart in him not being at Chelsea and essentially get over it.