Jose Mourinho thread

QP f**king R beat us at home under Benitez.  His idea of changing the game if it wan't going well was to change full backs in the 80th minute.  He lost us the Club World Cup.  We drew with bloody Brentford.  When he took over we were third in the league, only four points behind the leaders.  We finished 14 points behind.  When Suarez bit Ivanovic he was too busy not offending the f**king Liverpool fans to actually make any comment condemning it.  He was a f**king nightmare from the start.  How you can think he was in any way fit to wipe Mourinho's boots escapes me.  

And that's just off the top of my head.  I have erased most of it from my brain.

3 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

QP f**king R beat us at home under Benitez.  His idea of changing the game if it wan't going well was to change full backs in the 80th minute.  He lost us the Club World Cup.  We drew with bloody Brentford.  When he took over we were third in the league, only four points behind the leaders.  We finished 14 points behind.  When Suarez bit Ivanovic he was too busy not offending the f**king Liverpool fans to actually make any comment condemning it.  He was a f**king nightmare from the start.  How you can think he was in any way fit to wipe Mourinho's boots escapes me.  

And that's just off the top of my head.  I have erased most of it from my brain.

Fully agree. He's way too big to be a doormat...

6 hours ago, MariaCFC said:

Benitez wasn't bad at CFC, people hated him for his comments in the past at Chelsea but top 3 finish and a European trophy is much better than the man Chelsea fans idolise did last season. Statistically Benitez left a better legacy behind. I know Chelsea fans get annoyed at any Mourinho hate but I'm sorry I can't bring myself to like a man that nearly got us relegated and only cares about himself.

On 28/10/2016 at 00:16, ForeverCarefree said:

Are people honestly expecting Mourinho to come out and say

"Yeah the United fans are okay but the ones I had at my last employer were loads better"

Especially after a game where the club he used to work for has just dished out Mourinho's biggest loss since over at United?

I think some of you go out of your way to take offence with Mourinho and micro analyse everything he says looking for double meaning or sub context about Chelsea. 

I mean if you don't like him (anymore) then take heart in him not being at Chelsea and essentially get over it. 

Hope this diatribe wasn't aimed at me as I have defended Jose more than most on here, including saying in the immediate aftermath of our win over him last week that I felt a bit sad that he's clearly lost his mojo...

I'm still disappointed though that he's resorted to saying Utd fans have given him better support than anyone else...how can that possibly not be perceived as a dig at our expense, especially as he had a pop at us when he was still in charge too...?

we stuck by him more than most fans ever would, we even chanted his name last week (albeit after a bit of banter at his expense).

no I don't expect Mourinho to wax lyrical about us...he's moved on, so have we...just think it's tragic that he's willing to risk the greater rapport he will always have with us just to suck up to Utd fans in the hope they forget he's doing sh*t

Maybe I'm getting soft. I don't feel anything negative toward Rafa at the moment. In fact I give him props for sticking with Newcastle and taking the risk of being humiliated in the Championship. I wish him well there. 

I've always been critical about Jose and stand by my previous criticisms, but I also feel sympathetic toward him now. After Burnley, I really do think he's being unfairly targeted by the FA, and people are taking a "blame the victim" approach with this specific issue.  

Consider this. Pochettino ran on during the middle of a game and pushed Willian. He was trying to break up a fight started by Danny Rose, and instead of pushing Rose away, he pushed Willian. 

Nothing happened to Pochettino. He wasn't sent to the stands, wasn't banned from a subsequent game, wasn't fined. 

Can you imagine if Jose had done that? He's been sent to the stands and fined for some frustrated words that were arguably true, for goodness sake. The FA would have him jailed for assault if he did what Pochettino did. Yet because it's Jose, it would be laudable and smugly amusing to punish him like that. 

Edited by offside
10 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

He sold Sturridge to Liverpool 

Always loved Jose, backed him till that last and didn't want him to go. 

That being said, I'm enjoying the failure at united much more then I'd imagined. I initially thought i would be torn, wanting only the worst for united but not wanting to see Jose suffer with them, I'm surprisingly much more ok with it then I thought.

on the man him self

this is what I think... Jose was well ahead of the curv, a pure man motivator with fresh, if some one pragmatic ideas about the game, he left no stone unturned in his preperation for matches and always had multiple plans. I would still argue that the 2004/5 side was the best in the world and the beat the prem has ever seen. 

But I think he's been caught up, much like wenger, unless you are going forwards your going backwards and with the likes of klop,conte , porch etc there are more managers on these shours brining a new level to thing. Jose will have to adapt, much like fergi did time and time again, hopefully it happens when he goes back to inter 

59 minutes ago, barak81 said:

Always loved Jose, backed him till that last and didn't want him to go. 

That being said, I'm enjoying the failure at united much more then I'd imagined. I initially thought i would be torn, wanting only the worst for united but not wanting to see Jose suffer with them, I'm surprisingly much more ok with it then I thought.

On the man him self

This is what I think... Jose was well ahead of the curv, a pure man motivator with fresh, if some one pragmatic ideas about the game, he left no stone unturned in his preperation for matches and always had multiple plans. I would still argue that the 2004/5 side was the best in the world and the beat the prem has ever seen. 

But I think he's been caught up, much like wenger, unless you are going forwards your going backwards and with the likes of klop,conte , porch etc there are more managers on these shours brining a new level to thing. Jose will have to adapt, much like fergi did time and time again, hopefully it happens when he goes back to inter 

I think Jose was an innovative coach and ahead of his time when he first coached us in 2004 and we benefited from his best years along with Inter Milan, but obviously other managers have caught up and he's now back in the pack with the likes of Guardiola, Klopp, Simeone, Conte and Ancelotti to name a few examples.

I also agree that Jose's current shortcomings at Manchester United has been deeply satisfying to watch from afar and knowing that Manchester United have him at a time where he's most likely past his peak as a manager. 

Part of this reasoning is not only because we're a direct rival with Manchester United when it comes to competing for the title, but I hate the idea of Mourinho having success elsewhere in England other than at Chelsea and leaving an indelible mark with United. So the sooner his time ends there and I assume he manages overseas again after that, then the happier I will be.

15 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Now I am by no means a fan of Rafa but I really hate that stat about distance to the top when he took over to the end of season.

United were so much better than everyone that season, they won 15/17 after Rafas takeover, kept Robbie, appointed Rafa even brought back Jose we just didn't have the quality to keep up with Man.Utd that season.

Also it's worth noting that we were closer to top four when Jose was sacked compared to May, that alone renders that type of stat meaningless.

17 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

His Europa League win clouded what was actually a really poor season overall from us. We went from League challengers to scraping for top 4 under him. The game against Villa, where Lampard broke the goal scoring record, highlighted just how lucky Benitez really was. We were 1-0 down, being outplayed and then Benteke got sent off for Villa just before half time. Villa had to play the second half with 10 men which we took advantage of and won 1-2. If we didn't win that game then top 4 would have been even tougher to achieve than it should have been.

Winning the Europa League was great, i really enjoyed it, but the level of opposition we went up against was really poor. It was only Benfica that was a pretty decent side at the time.

Sparta Prague, Steaua Bucharest, Rubin Kazan, Basle, Benfica. If we came up against any of these sides in the Champions League, we would be thrilled, they would be routine wins for us 9 times out of 10.

There was no reason to bring Benitez in, the fans didn't want him. I don't see why we couldn't have achieved just as much, maybe even more, if we had kept Di Matteo on that season. Any manager could have got us through to the Europa League final, maybe Di Matteo would have actually won us the Club World Championships too. 

On Jose sucking up to United fans:

It's just what he does to buy himself time, if you watch the pre match interview before the game he actually says he never had fans like Chelsea fans before lol, even when we were losing almost every week he can walk down King's Road and not have a word of abuse.

On Rafa:

f**k that noise, Robbie was challenging for the title since day 1, he would've won the Europa League anyway with the sh*te we played against to win it and don't forget he beat United in the league cup so it was basically ours but no FSW couldn't beat Swansea over 2 legs. I took a day off to watch the CWC Final as well you fat bar steward.

49 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

On Jose sucking up to United fans:

It's just what he does to buy himself time, if you watch the pre match interview before the game he actually says he never had fans like Chelsea fans before lol, even when we were losing almost every week he can walk down King's Road and not have a word of abuse.

well it seems the manc honeymoon is over for Jose. I just read that manure fans want to fly a 'Jose Out banner' over ole crapfort - not even 6 months into the campaign & already the dirty red mancs show their true colors -  which appears to be more brown than red to me

Manchester United managers since Fergie in the Premier League:

Van Gaal P76 W39 D19 L18 F111 A72 - Ave. Points per game 1.79

Giggs P4 W2 D1 L1 F8 A3 - Ave. Points per game 1.75

Moyes  P35 W17 D6 L11 F56 A40 - Ave. Points per game 1.63

Mourinho P10 W4 D3 L3 F13 A12 - Ave. Points per Game 1.50

Early days of course, but the poor bloke must currently be dying of embarrassment LOL - least points per game ... and also least goals scored per game and most goals conceded per game !

Actually starting to feel a bit sorry for him. Mentally he seems completely burnt out, and he strikes me as someone in dire need of a sabbatical year out of the game ... and away from controversy and headlines ...

I just don't get why he has come into his last three clubs and immediately ostracised certain 'big' players ... Casillas at Real Madrid, Mata for us, and now Schweinsteiger at Man Utd (and also arguably Rooney, Muckywhatshisname, and Schneiderlin). No way are you going to build unity in a squad or team dynamic pulling stunts like that. Presumably he does it in an attempt to assert his own authority, but it clearly doesn't work, and yet he now seems to repeat the same failing patterns of behaviour at every job he arrives at ... most odd ... comes across as totally inflexible, stubborn and unable to learn from mistakes ... very hard to work effectively for a boss like that ... in any line of work ...

On 29/10/2016 at 21:38, Beerqueen said:

Let's not forget we looked to have top four sewn up at the end of January and then spent March and April playing chicken with Tottenham.

I keep dipping into this thread and get confused, then realise people are talking about Rafa!

As much as I hated him being with us, I've got over my dislike of the FSW. He's certainly giving himself a good chance of obtaining Legend status with the bar-codes - more than can currently be said for Jose with the Mancs!!

1 hour ago, Nibs said:

I keep dipping into this thread and get confused, then realise people are talking about Rafa!

As much as I hated him being with us, I've got over my dislike of the FSW. He's certainly giving himself a good chance of obtaining Legend status with the bar-codes - more than can currently be said for Jose with the Mancs!!

Sorry Nibs - just reminding some people that Jose was not worse than FSW - though I can't believe they should need it really!

On 1/10/2016 at 05:14, MissouriBlue said:

Exactly. To me it's one of two things, you've either with us or ....you know the rest.

Not that simple for me. When Franco when to Cagliari, for example, there wasn't much chance of them getting into a position in Europe to be against us.

Anyone in charge of United, though, is by default a title rival. Although Jose may put paid to that notion in the short term, at this rate...

Far too many extreme reactions so early this season, we start well and are suddenly challengers, bottle it in a couple of big games and it's all d & g, go on a good run and it's back to being contenders. Man City go on a winning run against some less than impressive opposition and they're being talked about as prohibitive favourites to go the season undefeated, a month later and it's now 'Pep can't tame English football.' Liverpool score a few and now it's 'their year'. Honestly, so, so early.

The only thing we can say with any confidence at this stage is that Sunderland are well and truly doomed.