Jose Mourinho thread

6 hours ago, KonaKai Blue said:

I still think Mata was a better player at Chelsea. Funny how he is Jose's best player at UTD after brainwashing everyone that Oscar was the better player.  What a stitch up.

Selling De Bruyne was the f**k up, out of all these famous sold Jose sold players he's the only one i miss, let alone would have back. Even last season i wasn't remotely bothered watching Mata, Bertrand and Lukaku.

9 minutes ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

I totally ageee @Jezz I used to pine for him too. When he was let go in 2007 I was devastated. This time though I don't feel the same way. I finally feel that the club and the fans have moved on. He's our greatest ever manager and I'll always hold him in the highest regard.

Admit it you all thought there was a but coming there.. :D

The first time he left, there was a sense of unfinished business with him that needed to be fulfilled before we could properly move on. My dream for years after he left was that he would return and be a part of a golden dynasty with us, which looked promising initially at the end of the 2014/2015. 

After that, it went pear-shaped very quickly. I think the speed and unexpected nature of our rapid decline took us all by shock, especially by someone who was seemingly immune to poor performances like Jose, so the after effects of his sacking were felt by the whole club for the rest of the season.

The fresh air of Conte has certainly put things into perspective, and I hope we've learnt some tough lessons that came out of last season. If anything, last season was character-building for everyone emotionally invested in the club.

3 hours ago, Ivanov87 said:

So so after spending almost 150m on top of the crazy spending by Van Gaal He wants more money. That squad he has is good enough to easily finish in the top three under a good manager. 

Also wasnt he be talking about winning the title in his press conference in May? :biggrin:

I hope they give him money to rebuild. Joses forte is instant success, taking a team almost there to the summit (Chelsea) or a team already there to further heights (Inter). Rebuilding is not his forte.

The leverage Mourinho has at United is whilst he is damaged goods, So are they. If he fails to get them in the top 4, Unless Simeone gave Woodward a lap dance and personally asked to take over, Mourinho's job would still be safe. Even if they failed next year to get into the top 4/ or win the title as long as progress was being made in terms of playing style, A cup win and few victories over City/Liverpool or Chelsea, He will still get backed. For me this scenario is the equivalent of a couple of divorcees hooking up after being out of the dating circuit for 2/3 years and both staying together due to the fear of another separation. 

Edited by Kinkladze1871
5 hours ago, PloKoon13 said:

^ I reckon

Who better than Mikel to do that?

You would be wrong. When you have the ball you always have the chance of giving it away which is the most common error that usually leads to a goalscoring opportunity. When the ball's out of play the opposition has literally no chance of creating anything.

I jest a little of course, but statistically speaking these are stone cold facts.

There's more about Chelsea than Jose, glad we moved on ( probably not the best circumstance). Last year he didn't get to spend 100M and we were almost in the relegation zone, and many believe it's Roman's fault not backing him. This year he spend the money the 100M+ to get the players he wanted. yet his team is 9 points away from the top. Although it's only 12 games in, I about United will win it unless they get on a 6-7 games winning streak and all the top 5teams above started to drop form. Somehow the die hard Jose fans believe he got a dud squad and need another 200M to get it right. Would David Moyes or LVG do a better job with the 100M+ reinforcement ? 

7 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Somehow the die hard Jose fans believe he got a dud squad and need another 200M to get it right. Would David Moyes or LVG do a better job with the 100M+ reinforcement ? 

You have answered your own question. If someone believes he got a dud squad, then they already think Moyes and LVG wasted a ton of money.

Jose has spent £150M to "enhance" a squad that last season under Van Gaal (a) won the FA Cup & (b) only just finished out of the CL places on goal difference ...

If it was a dud squad, then he has only made them worse, which is the definition of poor management to me ... will be interesting to see if he can turn it round.

If he can't, no doubt some Chinese or Qatari squillionaire will make him even richer than he is already, and somebody can make a few quid with a "world's richest translator" T-Shirt or something. Probably already learning Arabic and Mandarin :)

I love this notion that Jose inherited a "dud squad"!

When you look at that squad now with the millions of pounds worth of talent he has also added to it and yet they are still looking extremely average.

Arguably worlds best keeper

Worlds most expensive teenager

Worlds most expensive player

Englands captain and all-time top goal scorer

Add to that the likes of Shaw, Bailly, Memphis, Mata, Ibrahimovic, Linguard, Herrera, Schneiderlin & Mkhitaryan and it's a wonder why it's just not happening. Still early days but for me the least surprising thing is how Rashford seems to have gone backwards and is now in and out of the side and often playing out of position.

It's great isn't it?!!

On 11/22/2016 at 22:19, Ivanov87 said:

So so after spending almost 150m on top of the crazy spending by Van Gaal He wants more money. That squad he has is good enough to easily finish in the top three under a good manager. 

Also wasnt he be talking about winning the title in his press conference in May? :biggrin:

I thought he is the Special One? With all that money he spent.

Uniteds era ended with fergie, since then they have been a bit like a  ship with a broken rudder and every time they try and repair it they still just can not get it to steer true. And the funniest thing is they are doing everything that is so completely wrong to try and rectify it!! spending millions, managers in one door and straight out the other!! this is not the way you do things, they have been telling us other lesser fans this for years !!:laugh2:

long may this continue !!

United lost their identity when Ferguson retired. He was Manchester United!

They haven't been able to recover since he left and there's nothing to suggest that the immediate future bodes well for them either despite spending astronomical amounts of money.

1 hour ago, Nibs said:

Sent to the stands again today. Utd fans wanted entertainment and Jose is being very entertaining!

I'm far from a Mourinho fan, but the referees and FA have been treating him so unfairly. He gets sent to the stands, fined, suspended, etc. for any little nitpicking they can think of. Other managers have been allowed to get away with running on in the middle of a game and pushing an opposition player. 

I actually feel sorry for Mourinho, words unthinkable at times in the past. 

1 hour ago, Zeta Orionis said:

I wonder how much his father's illness has played a part in how he's changed over the last few years, because he hasn't been the same for a while now.

Ive been wondering if that has played a part.

I certainly feel something has been broken with him for quite a while. I think he should have taken a break from the game.

11 hours ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

Ive been wondering if that has played a part.

I certainly feel something has been broken with him for quite a while. I think he should have taken a break from the game.

He's been acting like a twat since he came to England in 2004 and has been a miserable bar steward since his days at Real Madrid. His fathers illness might psvr made it worse but let's not pretend his antics now are anything new. 

1 hour ago, Ivanov87 said:

He's been acting like a twat since he came to England in 2004 and has been a miserable bar steward since his days at Real Madrid. His fathers illness might psvr made it worse but let's not pretend his antics now are anything new. 

I'm not talking 'antics' as you put it. I'm talking demeanour and attitude.  He's clearly been an unhappy man for a while.

1 hour ago, Ivanov87 said:

Define acting like a twat?

He was refreshing when he first came to England, his second stint was far more frustrating with his moods but that was clearly from the Madrid days where he lost the plot for various reasons.

2 hours ago, Ivanov87 said:

There's a difference between how he was in his first stint and how he is now though. Before, sure he was still a twat a lot of the time, but you could tell it was because he was quite fiery, and he was enjoying all the confrontation and mind games. Now he just comes across as sullen and pissed off all the time.

He's been a miserable git since he came back to us for the second stint.  He was maybe the "Happy one" when he said it, for about a month,  but it all went south soon afterwards, even if we did win the title with him, it wasn't the same and I think most of us found him really annoying. 

The man to me seems jaded and fed up, his referrals to the "new football", "football Einsteins" to me suggests the man knows his best days are probably behind him now,  with all the fresh ideas and styles coming through.