Jose Mourinho thread

Brizzleblue

He climbed over the hoardings at Turf Moor in order to be close to the supporters who had made the trip and thanked them for their support following the 2-0 win. The 55-year-old even gave his jacket to one of the fans as a number of them reached out to touch him, before he proceeded along the walkway to the tunnel.

'They say I'm in danger, but I don't think so,'  'If they sent me away, do you have any idea how much money they would have to give me?' 

• 2 weeks later...

11 hours ago, Nevamind said:

United fans will come to the conclusion that this season will be a slighty better one than the disaster of our 15/16. So many similarities.

The season has a long way to go and JM might not call a physio/medic a daughter of a whore this time, yet he might yet turn up another rant that lands him in hot water.

On 07/09/2018 at 07:39, PloKoon13 said:

Clearly Eni Aluko has never read Hegel:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/sep/06/jose-mourinho-charming-insecure-chelsea-manchester-united-eni-aluko

In all seriousness, this article is a cliché-ridden mess.

Not been into this thread for a while so just seen this. 

I read this article when it first went up on The Guardian and to be honest if I was Aluko I would be a bit embarrassed by it. There's absolutely no substance to it whatsoever and beyond an anecdote of "the guy who wasn't my boss didn't always give me a lot of attention" she has no inside knowledge to Mourinho. 

The Guardian is usually much better with player interviews/columns. This felt distinctly out of place for them.  

21 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

8 points behind top of the league after only 6 games.

Out of the league cup already.

How long will he last this season? 

I think once he's knocked out the Champions league/lower than 10th he's gone. 

I don't think last night's result will matter too much to the club, they'll likely just chalk it up as one of those things. Although I was surprised to see how strong the United starting XI was last night certainly looks like Jose wanted a win to be able to build some momentum with. 

They've got West Ham and Newcastle in the league next, games you would expect them to win. Then they've got us away in mid October... If we beat them then I think there's going to start to be some real pressure on him. 

They've got Valencia and Juventus at home in their next two Champions League games if they took 4 points from those games they'll be in a pretty good position to qualify from their group. 

I can't see United sacking him anytime soon. I think he's got enough good will in the bank there to last through until at least March, if not the entire season. 

I think this is a big blow for Jose. With the team he put out and his history with the competition it’s obvious that this is a cup that he wanted to win and think it is only this and the fa cup that his team is capable of winning. The EPL and CL are beyond his team without a large slice of luck.

this result will drive a bigger wedge between him and the board and also the supporters who are beginning to turn. I think his days are numbered, hoping he gets to the end of the season but he needs some sort of run going.

It's not so much about the current level - this many points, this cup knocked out from, etc - as it is about the trajectory.

There was a point a couple of weeks ago, when he clearly made an effort to not sound bitter, angry, moody, vindictive, etc, etc And everyone expected the mood at the club to perk up after that. But now he is back to publicly dissing his players - and that can't be good for anyone.

If they can do something to stop the rot - he'll be fine. He's not good enough any more to actually win anything of significance, but he's not gonna do so bad as to get sacked mid-season. But if they can't - anything can happen. They could lose to WH, to Newcaste, to us ... Not get out of the CL group... 

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I don't think last night's result will matter too much to the club, they'll likely just chalk it up as one of those things. Although I was surprised to see how strong the United starting XI was last night certainly looks like Jose wanted a win to be able to build some momentum with. 

They've got West Ham and Newcastle in the league next, games you would expect them to win. Then they've got us away in mid October... If we beat them then I think there's going to start to be some real pressure on him. 

They've got Valencia and Juventus at home in their next two Champions League games if they took 4 points from those games they'll be in a pretty good position to qualify from their group. 

I can't see United sacking him anytime soon. I think he's got enough good will in the bank there to last through until at least March, if not the entire season. 

Looking at how Utd not only lost, but were completely outplayed by a fairly inconsistent Derby side said a lot of me. Add that to the fact that he's repeatedly falling out with Utd's poster boy in Pogba and signing expensive players that he can't get the best out of such as Sanchez, Lindelof, Bailey etc. and then expecting Utd to go out and spend another £60m+ on replacing each of these players.