Brizzleblue

Jose Mourinho thread

Sacked three times in a row now ... aura well and truly gone.

Hardly one of life's losers though ... a huge managerial career haul of trophies, and has provided the financial means to keep his family fed for generations to come ... and was also terrific fun in his first three seasons with us  !

I do hope he takes the time to re-charge on a long overdue personal sabbatical. He's not been the same since his father first started having health problems.

Edited by Sexyfootball

Can't say I am sad about this.

In fact, I am happy he has left having never won a top level trophy with United. They are the first and only club that he has been at where he has not won the domestic title. In relative terns for Jose, it's been a failure at United.

You do wonder if, when he looks back in a few years and see's the United job as the sh*t stain on his career which it is, whether he will regret sacrificing his relationship with Chelsea fan's to try and be 'one of them'

I am sure over time the animosity between Chelsea & Jose will diminish, but there is a part of me that feels he had his chance to cement his legacy in Chelsea folk law and he somewhat chose to sacrifice that with his actions as United Manager, which were not needed. He could have been the bigger man, but that's just not Jose.

Sad in a way that this is probably how his time in the Premier League will end. In his prime (2004-2006) he really was something special. The best Chelsea team I have witnessed was under his control, and I will never forget that.

What he has become is a shadow of that man however, and a rather pathetic excuse of a top flight Manager. He has become reminiscent of a past his best heavy weight boxer who should have retired years ago.

59 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Interesting now to see who comes in after the caretaker, I would if I was a gambling addict plump for either Le Blanc or Zidane.

For me Mourinho will probably seek another European top job in the Summer though like Coco has suggested could well end up in the US.

This dude as Man U manager? Hmmm....

Image result for matt le blanc

Whoever comes in, they still need the backing. Utd are in a similar situation to us in a way because I don't think either boards have done enough to back their previous managers, but they may back the new manager. Both of our clubs need/ed a new vision and direction for the club. The thing is, Utd's board are going to need to back the next manager. People talk about Zidane having won the CL three times, but he won't have Bale, Ronaldo, Kroos, Modric, Ramos, Marcelo, Benzema, Isco, Carvajal etc at Utd. It will be difficult for whomever comes in. Pogba on the other hand seems to have gotten away scot free, meanwhile being one of the most toxic players at the club behind the scenes. 

First job he’s had that he’s failed at. That Europa Cup win isn’t good enough when you’re at a club like United and have spent the kind of money Jose has.

He wanted that job so badly and the irony is, he should never have taken it.

4 hours ago, Nibs said:

Then again............................!

How the mighty fall. Unfortunately when you have been at the top, there is only one way to go and boy Jose has plummeted in recent years.

like i said...lol.

Remind me not to pick the lottery numbers any time soon!

Jose’s plan was always to have 3 short stints and then build a legacy at one club. I think we l, including Jose that would be Chelsea. When it came falling down, he got a second chance at United to build something but he’s failed. 

I believe it was his ego that truly stopped him from building something lasting. Also, he loved rubbing it in our faces that he got the United job so I’m glad he failed there. He wasn’t loved like he was at Chelsea however he did burn some bridges with the constant barbs and digs. 

One thing that is annoying me is that the media are not slating United like they did with us when we sacked him. Really annoying. 

5 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Jose’s plan was always to have 3 short stints and then build a legacy at one club. I think we l, including Jose that would be Chelsea. When it came falling down, he got a second chance at United to build something but he’s failed. 

I believe it was his ego that truly stopped him from building something lasting. Also, he loved rubbing it in our faces that he got the United job so I’m glad he failed there. He wasn’t loved like he was at Chelsea however he did burn some bridges with the constant barbs and digs. 

One thing that is annoying me is that the media are not slating United like they did with us when we sacked him. Really annoying. 

They were never gonna slate him like they did with us.....who can forget the constant BS about we have always had a toxic dressing room etc.......and yes Jose burned the bridge between us by acting petulant just cuz we dared smack his ass now and then. How utd have proper fans etc just stank of a burned arse. Anyway he is out the epl.

6 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

First job he’s had that he’s failed at. That Europa Cup win isn’t good enough when you’re at a club like United and have spent the kind of money Jose has.

He wanted that job so badly and the irony is, he should never have taken it.

Did he? He shown nothing at United to suggest that, infact in the first season especially he looked like he was merely trying to settle as we didn't want him anymore (constantly talking about us) and he looked remarkably happy on SSN for someone who has supposedly lost his dream job.

The whole myth came because of the respect he had for Fergie, something that in itself was only seen as a big deal because of the way he's treated pretty much any other competitive rival.

12 hours ago, Jezz said:

Didn't expect him to be sacked this soon. Crazy it's happened on nearly the same date as we sacked him three years ago.

Part of me is relieved he's left Manchester United, meaning he will never cement any positive legacy there, but now I worry they'll start performing to expectations with him gone.

Definitely needs a sabbatical. He's long overdue for one.

Exactly my thoughts.  I absolutely loved the guy.  But I have to say that I am almost completely ambivalent now - the balance of loving him then and being irritated/annoyed by him now = neutral.  I have also worried about him somewhat, he has seemed so close to a breakdown since 2015.  I'd love to know what he really thinks.  And that presser when he didn't mention us, I think that's solely down to him not wanting to piss off Manure fans by acknowledging a rival PL team and that they have anything to do with him.  It's all about Jose.

1 hour ago, Argo said:

Did he? He shown nothing at United to suggest that, infact in the first season especially he looked like he was merely trying to settle as we didn't want him anymore (constantly talking about us) and he looked remarkably happy on SSN for someone who has supposedly lost his dream job.

The whole myth came because of the respect he had for Fergie, something that in itself was only seen as a big deal because of the way he's treated pretty much any other competitive rival.

Yeah he wanted the United job.

He was always quite courteous towards United, he clearly respected SAF and he was long linked to that job.

That he was happy to burn bridges with Chelsea and the fans in order to try and make a success of that job speaks volumes to me.

He might be putting a brace face on it but this sacking and this failure is going to hurt his pride a lot. 

5 hours ago, robdog said:

Jose didn't seem too bothered about the sack - I guess if I was getting all that jack he was getting, then I would be in a good mood too

It's all part of the act. Inside, I bet he is hurting, but he won't show that to the camera's, it's what they want. Mourinho's ego has taken a battering at United, probably more than it has at any other club he has managed.

3 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Exactly my thoughts.  I absolutely loved the guy.  But I have to say that I am almost completely ambivalent now - the balance of loving him then and being irritated/annoyed by him now = neutral.  I have also worried about him somewhat, he has seemed so close to a breakdown since 2015.  I'd love to know what he really thinks.  And that presser when he didn't mention us, I think that's solely down to him not wanting to piss off Manure fans by acknowledging a rival PL team and that they have anything to do with him.  It's all about Jose.

Mourinho's behaviour over the last few years has been very odd. The way he publicly criticises his players and the fans of the clubs he is managing (often after a good win), the way he handled the situation with our medical team (I still think he was 100% at fault for that situation, they were just doing their job) His constant cringe worthy and embarrassing interviews. 

I honestly think he has been playing a character. I have said it before, but I think he has become so obsessed with 'the special one' tag that he can't see beyond it. Like you say, he looks close to a breakdown at times. I remember a few years ago in the Europa League semi final, he was losing his head in the 2nd leg. His desperation was messing with decision making as manager, he looked on the verge of tears when United were hanging on. Then there was his reaction when United scored a goal against Young Boys the other day. 

He's so far away from the coach he was when he first joined us back in 2004.

I'm sad because I still love and respect Jose. But he's been missing for quite some time. He can't even produce one good season anymore. 

Just go to PSG, Munich or some national team and keep your remaining dignity, Jose. You are not good for week in week out big club job anymore. 

Edited by Giordano_Bruno

I see it this way, he took the job to stay in the UK while his kids got their education here.

At Utd he got lazy whether this was arrogance and he thought he didn't need to coach or a plan to just coast for three seasons thinking the squad was good to be thereabouts near the top of the league, I'm not sure.

When he won the Europa and got CL qualification I think he was trying and also at certain fixtures though gradually the players were losing faith, he would not field settled sides and instead of seeing tactical  master classes often he would resort to the crude method of using the long ball to either Fellaini or Lukaku to rescue a result.

He may have got away with this longer except Liverpool and City are flying.

Jose Mourinho stats in a calendar year (all competitions):

• 2004 (FC Porto/Chelsea) = 41 Wins, 12 Draws, 5 Losses (Average of 2.33 points)
  • 2005 (Chelsea) = 42 Wins, 10 Draws, 6 Losses (Average of 2.34 points)
  • 2006 (Chelsea) = 36 Wins, 10 Draws, 10 Draws (Average of 2.11 points)
  • 2007 (Chelsea) = 24 Wins, 14 Draws, 3 Losses (Average of 2.10 points)
  • 2008 (Inter Milan) = 16 Wins, 5 Draws, 3 Losses (Average of 2.21 points)
  • 2009 (Inter Milan) = 30 Wins, 13 Draws, 9 Losses (Average of 1.98 points)
  • 2010 (Inter Milan/Real Madrid) = 42 Wins, 11 Draws, 4 Losses (Average of 2.40 points)
  • 2011 (Real Madrid) = 45 Wins, 7 Draws, 8 Losses (Average of 2.37 points)
  • 2012 (Real Madrid) = 40 Wins, 10 Draws, 9 Losses (Average of 2.20 points)
  • 2013 (Real Madrid/Chelsea) = 40 Wins, 12 Draws, 10 Losses (Average of 2.13 points)
  • 2014 (Chelsea) = 38 Wins, 11 Draws, 7 Losses (Average of 2.23 points)
  • 2015 (Chelsea) = 24 Wins, 13 Draws, 14 Losses (Average of 1.67 points)
  • 2016 (Manchester United) = 18 Wins, 6 Draws, 5 Losses (Average of 2.07 points)
  • 2017 (Manchester United) = 39 Wins, 17 Draws, 10 Losses (Average of 2.03 points)
  • 2018 (Manchester United) = 27 Wins, 9 Draws, 13 Losses (Average of 1.84 points)

Jose Mourinho stats by season (all competitions):

• 2004/2005 (Chelsea) = 42 Wins, 11 Draws, 6 Losses (Average of 2.32 points)
  • 2005/2006 (Chelsea) = 37 Wins, 9 Draws, 8 Losses (Average of 2.22 points)
  • 2006/2007 (Chelsea) = 42 Wins, 16 Draws, 6 Losses (Average of 2.22 points)
  • 2007/2008 (Chelsea)* = 3 Wins, 4 Draws, 1 Loss (Average of 1.63 points)
  • 2008/2009 (Inter Milan) = 31 Wins, 12 Draws, 8 Losses (Average of 2.06 points)
  • 2009/2010 (Inter Milan) = 37 Wins, 13 Draws, 7 Losses (Average of 2.18 points)
  • 2010/2011 (Real Madrid) = 44 Wins, 9 Draws, 6 Losses (Average of 2.39 points)
  • 2011/2012 (Real Madrid) = 46 Wins, 7 Draws, 5 Losses (Average of 2.50 points)
  • 2012/2013 (Real Madrid) = 38 Wins, 12 Draws, 11 Losses (Average of 2.07 points)
  • 2013/2014 (Chelsea) = 35 Wins, 10 Draws, 12 Losses (Average of 2.02 points)
  • 2014/2015 (Chelsea) = 36 Wins, 14 Draws, 4 Losses (Average of 2.26 points)
  • 2015/2016 (Chelsea)* = 9 Wins, 6 Draws, 10 Losses (Average of 1.32 points)
  • 2016/2017 (Manchester United) = 37 Wins, 18 Draws, 9 Losses (Average of 2.02 points)
  • 2017/2018 (Manchester United) = 37 Wins, 7 Draws, 12 Losses (Average of 2.11 points)
  • 2018/2019 (Manchester United)* = 10 Wins, 7 Draws, 7 Losses (Average of 1.54 points)

Jose Mourinho (Trophies):

• Chelsea = 8
  • FC Porto = 6
  • Inter Milan = 5
  • Real Madrid = 3
  • Manchester United = 3