Jump to content

Brizzleblue

Jose Mourinho thread

Recommended Posts

Wouldn’t bother me that much should he go to spurs as I don’t think it would be a great match and would t end well. Really can’t see spurs going for him considering his falling reputation.

i don’t really want to see him back in the EPL though as I’m tired of the circus that seems to surround him and the emphasis the media seem to put on his every comments. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, goose said:

Wouldn’t bother me that much should he go to spurs as I don’t think it would be a great match and would t end well. Really can’t see spurs going for him considering his falling reputation.

i don’t really want to see him back in the EPL though as I’m tired of the circus that seems to surround him and the emphasis the media seem to put on his every comments. 

 

From the outside looking in I get the feeling they have a bit of a dilemma and suspect Kane, Eriksen and Alderweirald are unsettled due to lack of silverware and don't see anything improving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still like Mourinho, I like his punditry. Even at United I didn't feel as if he did anything out of the ordinary, I definitely didn't think he betrayed Chelsea. We sacked him, he has a right as a top manager to go where he wants, and Mourinho does what Mourinho does, he gets under your skin, so he was bound to say a few things here and there, it didn't bother me. 

I wish our fans had been more respectful towards him to be honest, I hold no ill will towards him, whereever he goes, unless he did and said something really disrespectful towards us. Mourinho seems to be at home in the Premier League and he's stated he wants another job there, I'm surprised. I don't think any of the top 6 clubs will touch him though, it's a lot of stigma to bring, it's always negative PR after negative PR with Jose and his way of playing hasn't aged well in the current football climate, he's still doesn't like playing with wingbacks, his style is too pragmatic and players always seem to revolt against him. 

He should go to a different league before he comes back I reckon, get some success elsewhere and begin again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Slojo said:

I don't think any of the top 6 clubs will touch him though, it's a lot of stigma to bring, it's always negative PR after negative PR with Jose and his way of playing hasn't aged well in the current football climate, he's still doesn't like playing with wingbacks, his style is too pragmatic and players always seem to revolt against him. 

The bit about being pragmatic used to be true, but wasn't there an interview with him in the summer where he said he has been working with top attacking coaches? Maybe this has helped him evolve his overall style.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, drjonesy1994 said:

The bit about being pragmatic used to be true, but wasn't there an interview with him in the summer where he said he has been working with top attacking coaches? Maybe this has helped him evolve his overall style.

Don't get tricked by him. We also played attacking football with Jose in the 2015/2016 season until we got hammered by Spurs. After that it was back to park the bus football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Deino said:

Don't get tricked by him. We also played attacking football with Jose in the 2015/2016 season until we got hammered by Spurs. After that it was back to park the bus football.

14/15 but yeah. The most important thing then though was getting us over the line to win the title.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Slojo said:

I still like Mourinho, I like his punditry. Even at United I didn't feel as if he did anything out of the ordinary, I definitely didn't think he betrayed Chelsea. We sacked him, he has a right as a top manager to go where he wants, and Mourinho does what Mourinho does, he gets under your skin, so he was bound to say a few things here and there, it didn't bother me. 

I wish our fans had been more respectful towards him to be honest, I hold no ill will towards him, whereever he goes, unless he did and said something really disrespectful towards us. Mourinho seems to be at home in the Premier League and he's stated he wants another job there, I'm surprised. I don't think any of the top 6 clubs will touch him though, it's a lot of stigma to bring, it's always negative PR after negative PR with Jose and his way of playing hasn't aged well in the current football climate, he's still doesn't like playing with wingbacks, his style is too pragmatic and players always seem to revolt against him. 

He should go to a different league before he comes back I reckon, get some success elsewhere and begin again. 

I disagree, respect always has been a two way street and if he shows no respect to the club or fans then he's fair game.

He's been nothing but bitter about us ever since Conte outclassed him, he can't even be happy for a man he supposedly adores getting his dream job.

From a professional stand point I'll always appreciate the success he brought the club but that's as far as it goes now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, drjonesy1994 said:

The bit about being pragmatic used to be true, but wasn't there an interview with him in the summer where he said he has been working with top attacking coaches? Maybe this has helped him evolve his overall style.

He returned to us saying the exact same stuff and within two months De Bruyne was binned and it was back to basics.

And his comments on Mount earlier in the season shows he's learned absolutely nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Argo said:

I disagree, respect always has been a two way street and if he shows no respect to the club or fans then he's fair game.

He's been nothing but bitter about us ever since Conte outclassed him, he can't even be happy for a man he supposedly adores getting his dream job.

From a professional stand point I'll always appreciate the success he brought the club but that's as far as it goes now.

I don't get too caught up into it Argo, Mourinho is Mourinho, there is no doubt bitterness with him but it's exactly what I expected from him. 

Given his profile and what he has done at this club I'll always have that mandatory respect for him. I don't actually dislike him, he is who he is, I just think his style of management has aged badly in todays football. At the end of the day, we sacked him twice, he's not obligated to celebrate our success from here on out, if he was constantly slagging us off I would agree, but that's not really the case, he seems to be happy for Frank. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, drjonesy1994 said:

14/15 but yeah. The most important thing then though was getting us over the line to win the title.

My bad. Thanks for correcting, the thing is we were halfway through the season. I'd accept it more when we only have like 4-5 games left to close the season. But to do that with months left to play for and a one off freak result would cause him to revert to type showed that he never really planned to stick to it long term or he got scared. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Slojo said:

I don't get too caught up into it Argo, Mourinho is Mourinho, there is no doubt bitterness with him but it's exactly what I expected from him. 

Given his profile and what he has done at this club I'll always have that mandatory respect for him. I don't actually dislike him, he is who he is, I just think his style of management has aged badly in todays football. At the end of the day, we sacked him twice, he's not obligated to celebrate our success from here on out, if he was constantly slagging us off I would agree, but that's not really the case, he seems to be happy for Frank. 

I don't really get caught up in tit for tat but the disrespecting the club and especially supporters I can't abide. No one's too big or done too much for the club to be allowed to do that in my opinion, not even Roman.

And has he complimented Frank? At Old Trafford he critisized his decision to play Mason and Tammy and after the Liverpool game he insinuated he was only playing the young player's to avoid pressure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Argo said:

I don't really get caught up in tit for tat but the disrespecting the club and especially supporters I can't abide. No one's too big or done too much for the club to be allowed to do that in my opinion, not even Roman.

And has he complimented Frank? At Old Trafford he critisized his decision to play Mason and Tammy and after the Liverpool game he insinuated he was only playing the young player's to avoid pressure. 

In the politics of the game Frank bringing through the youngsters reflects badly on Mourinho and he also sees Frank as a competitor, different relationship dynamic now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

In the politics of the game Frank bringing through the youngsters reflects badly on Mourinho and he also sees Frank as a competitor, different relationship dynamic now.

Klopp is a competitor but still manages to say decent things about Frank.

The ironic thing is if Jose made a success of the United job he probably wouldn't have given two sh*ts about Lampard managing Chelsea, but Conte outclassing him and now Lampard getting offered the job here while he was a free agent must have destroyed him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Argo said:

Klopp is a competitor but still manages to say decent things about Frank.

The ironic thing is if Jose made a success of the United job he probably wouldn't have given two sh*ts about Lampard managing Chelsea, but Conte outclassing him and now Lampard getting offered the job here while he was a free agent must have destroyed him.

Fair point about Klopp though think if Mourinho had landed a top job in Spain or Italy then Mourinho wouldn't be saying these things about Chelsea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, robdog said:

gotta add this quote on this thread - totally trolling & it's hilarious

 

That got me thinking of Cantona - When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2019 at 14:38, Argo said:

Klopp is a competitor but still manages to say decent things about Frank.

The ironic thing is if Jose made a success of the United job he probably wouldn't have given two sh*ts about Lampard managing Chelsea, but Conte outclassing him and now Lampard getting offered the job here while he was a free agent must have destroyed him.

I think he's waiting for Zidane to get sacked. Other than that, he was very open in the recent years when he showed that he has no real love for Chelsea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/10/2019 at 17:25, Gol15 said:

I think he's waiting for Zidane to get sacked. Other than that, he was very open in the recent years when he showed that he has no real love for Chelsea.

I was wondering if RM had paid him a retainer to wait until January in case they needed to move quickly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do you make of the rumours of Jose potentially going to Arsenal?

I personally don’t see it happening. Wrong fit, bad history with Arsenal fans. He’s just desperate to be linked with the big clubs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JM7 said:

What do you make of the rumours of Jose potentially going to Arsenal?

I personally don’t see it happening. Wrong fit, bad history with Arsenal fans. He’s just desperate to be linked with the big clubs. 

Inevitably his name has also popped up for the Bayern job. As rumours go, that is probably more likely (or less unlikely) than the Arsenal job. Too much bad blood. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Valerie said:

Inevitably his name has also popped up for the Bayern job. As rumours go, that is probably more likely (or less unlikely) than the Arsenal job. Too much bad blood. 

Bayern? Zero chance of him ever managing them, Hoeness & Rummenige will never allow it. He is desperate for a job in London though, and I could see Arsenal happening if they get hammered by Leicester on the weekend.

Tottenham won’t happen because Levy is tight. Pochettino had a release clause of £20m I think in the summer, no way he allows him to walk for free. I can actually see him waiting to see if Pochettino pulls the plug so he doesn’t have to pay him off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, ducavis said:

Bayern? Zero chance of him ever managing them, Hoeness & Rummenige will never allow it. He is desperate for a job in London though, and I could see Arsenal happening if they get hammered by Leicester on the weekend.

Tottenham won’t happen because Levy is tight. Pochettino had a release clause of £20m I think in the summer, no way he allows him to walk for free. I can actually see him waiting to see if Pochettino pulls the plug so he doesn’t have to pay him off.

I agree London would be his first choice with Spain or Italy possibilities yet think he will only go if they give him funds to strengthen.

It's possible he will be a pundit all season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be a bit disappointing if he ends up at Arsenal, I could understand he was keen about the United job, but seriously, Arsenal? After he has already managed Chelsea and United, sounds like going down hill, and not forgetting his history with the ex-manager of that club. I reckon he's a worthwhile option for Bayern, may just be the kick in the back side for those players who were way too comfortable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jose to Arsenal wouldn't be a good fit as Arsenal supporters hate him in the same way we hated Benitez as he was a terrible fit for us.

If Jose to Arsenal did actually happen I think it would diminish his legacy. I would be happy to see him at Bayern Munich if the opportunity is there for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...