Jump to content

Brizzleblue

Jose Mourinho thread

Recommended Posts

He's done as an elite manager and any chairman appointing him now is being influenced by the memory of what he was 15 years ago and not what he is now; a charlatan, a snake, a sh*tehawk and a fraud.

He'll get the odd result along the way to hoodwink people, maybe even against us or Man Utd, but eventually some way or another, he'll find a way of sinking both himself and Spurs and it will be wonderful to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could just about forgive going to Man Utd, but this is just whoring himself around the PL now. Spurs fans didn't want him. They hate him. Though I'm sure he'll win them the league cup or europa league or something and they'll forgive and forget. 

Wonder if he'll be booed when we play them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Final straw as far as i'm concerned. Could stomach him at United but my respect for him as gone now he's at that lot. I would go as far as saying he has destroyed his legacy with Chelsea now.

He might win a cup or two with them but it won't be sustainable long term. 

Also it's inevitable that when we play them in December he will remind us that he won 3 titles with us as if that's an insult. Chelsea has 2 premier league titles without Mourinho. Mourinho has 0 premier league titles without Chelsea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jose what have you done! Honest to go he must be desperate. 

Have to say given how little Levy spends and their wage cap I could see it all ending in tears quite quickly. He will make an absolute beast out of NDombele though.

Edited by Spiller86

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really surprised he didn't hang on for Arsenal, they have shown that they'll splash a bit of cash at least. Maybe Levy thinks by getting Mourinho in he'll stop a player exodus in the Summer? Not so sure Jose has that aura about him anymore. How long before we hear rumours from Mourinho about "broken spending promises", "squad too small" etc. I can never hate Mourinho for what he did at Chelsea and this move does nothing to taint that legacy in my eyes, but it IS getting harder to remain fond of the guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, fitz said:

Really surprised he didn't hang on for Arsenal, they have shown that they'll splash a bit of cash at least. Maybe Levy thinks by getting Mourinho in he'll stop a player exodus in the Summer? Not so sure Jose has that aura about him anymore. How long before we hear rumours from Mourinho about "broken spending promises", "squad too small" etc. I can never hate Mourinho for what he did at Chelsea and this move does nothing to taint that legacy in my eyes, but it IS getting harder to remain fond of the guy.

A hairdresser of European extraction with a fondness for Arsenal said to me about a decade ago that Mourinho goes to clubs with good teams, not just anywhere. He must see potential at Spurs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Glad we can finally put this ‘Chelsea man’ bollocks to rest. I can’t believe he had the audacity to talk about the academy in his statement 😂

He has been a main hater of the club in the last years, he showed that he never liked Chelsea in his heart by his words and actions. If it wasn't obvious a year ago, it's obvious now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

He has been a main hater of the club in the last years, he showed that he never liked Chelsea in his heart by his words and actions. If it wasn't obvious a year ago, it's obvious now.

Incorrect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see it now, a shotgun honeymoon, spuds fans booing him, Jose waving a three finger salute back to them, sacked by Christmas, back in the Sky studios by the New Year, spitting venom at Franks blue revolution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very odd appointment. It really is a step down from Poch to Jose. Jose will try and be a good boy for the 1st year or so like he always does but watching the chaos that will inevitably ensue when he and Levy collide over transfers should be pure comedy. Mourinho is washed at the top level. 

Since 2012, the only meaningful title he's won is the Premier league with us which Hazard carried him to. (I was watching some old matches from that season just a few weeks ago and the football was shocking, much worse than I remembered). Hazard gave everything including his body that 2nd half of that season, create, score, assist, ball carry, start attacks, track back.... It probably cost him physically the following season with some others as well.

Mourinho also won a Europa league with United albeit with a ridiculously easy run, they faced no one throughout the tournament. 

As for expecting loyalty from Jose towards us. Maybe this will take his blind acolytes among us down a peg..... oh they're still out there. Mourinho does NOT GIVE A FLYING f**k about us. He's all about his ego and self preservation. How some still don't understand that is beyond me but some have their idols they've already made to infallible gods i guess. 

Edited by The Liquidator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he can improve their defence, they have some good attackers in Kane and Son who could fire them up the table again. I don't think he'll get the big money signings that he wants at every job though. So will have to make do with what he's got and bring youth through, which is something he's never been good at. UNless maybe he's finally ready to do that. This isn'#t a job like Chelsea or Man utd, where instant success is expected, so he'll have more time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Stim said:

Incorrect.

Just go back, see how he was offended by Conte, how he tried to attack one of our coaches, how he trashtalked the club and how he was almost always negative every time he said something about the club, he is not a legend of the club anymore, his ego is just too big. He on top of every bad thing he has said and done was always negative about Frank Lampard. 

Now he is a Spud manager, I should have seen it coming honestly. I knew there was something there, now I have the final straw, Jose never cared about the club he only cared about himself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Just go back, see how he was offended by Conte, how he tried to attack one of our coaches, how he trashtalked the club and how he was almost always negative every time he said something about the club, he is not a legend of the club anymore, his ego is just too big. He on top of every bad thing he has said and done was always negative about Frank Lampard. 

Now he is a Spud manager, I should have seen it coming honestly. I knew there was something there, now I have the final straw, Jose never cared about the club he only cared about himself.

I have this same feeling as well, he even threw Chelsea fans under the bus a couple times, we've been the best fans he's had rubber stamped by the support he got in 15-16, when he was just trying to keep his job and lifestyle in London he goes onto the Clare Balding show to express his love for Chelsea in such a disingenuous way, he's never been that soppy before until his own interests was on the line. If you want to see true affection from Jose watch him talk about Inter and compare. He hasn't said a single good thing about Chelsea since he left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Mourinho also won a Europa league with United albeit with a ridiculously easy run, they faced no one throughout the tournament. 

TBF - he had a lot of injuries during that Europa run and still delivered. 

I rate him as a tactician and motivator though think he will self -implode in about 14months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Strider6003 said:

TBF - he had a lot of injuries during that Europa run and still delivered. 

I rate him as a tactician and motivator though think he will self -implode in about 14months.

I think he's an overrated tactician because Mourinho has always been excellent at coaching one side of football, defensive organization. When it comes to coaching organized attacks and build up from the back he's extremely average when compared to the other elite coaches. This is one of the reasons for his declining success in the last 6/7 years as football at the highest level has gone in a different direction.

His motivation/man management skills is currently the weakest aspect of his coaching. How can you rate him in that regard after all the chaos he has wrought in his last 3 jobs with Cristiano/Ramos/Casillas at Madrid, Hazard, female doctor at Chelsea and Pogba among others at United? 

And he faced no one in the Europa league run. All these considered it was even a lighter touch than what we had last year. Facing a bunch of Ajax toddlers in the finals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest Mangers never have the same loyalty/relationship as players, especially now a days they're never at clubs long enough.  Name 1 manager we've had in the Roman era apart from maybe Di Matteo (maybe cause he was a player) that wouldn't take the Spurs job if it was the best option they had?  

His appointment as Spurs manager doesn't really bother me, I still have great memories of Mourinho's time here, but I don't need him to love Chelsea I've moved on.  Maybe at the end of his career he may realise that Chelsea was the greatest club he managed, but again that doesn't really bother me either.  Move on people you all sound like that guy who keeps talking about their ex.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...