Brizzleblue

Jose Mourinho thread

10 minutes ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

I find it funny that spurs fans are going on about how mourinho will "expose" frank's tactics and that frank's tactics are copy of mourinho's. Where was that a few weeks ago?

Lol they're not serious surely? Lampard's tactics and philosophy couldn't be further away from Mourinho's if they tried to be.

1 hour ago, drjonesy1994 said:

"Chavs with no hope of increasing their stadium capacity and a chairman who cant even enter the country, they know their time is past."

Just come across this on the Spurs forum. You've got to laugh. How many times has our time been past in the last 10 years?? 

Playing some of the best football we have played in years, with the best youth prospects in the country regularly playing, a bright young manager who is only going to improve. Sat third in the premier league a head of last years champions (and 12 points clear of Spurs all the way down in 14th)

But yeah our time is past 😂

Never ceases to amaze me how many people don’t understand that Abramovich is free to come and go in this country , it’s the working bit he’s not allowed to do ( hence why he doesn’t attend matches - because as an owner it’s immediately viewed as work).

Anyway, I’ve never had a love-in with Mourinho. He won us the league when we were spending so much money pretty much anyone could have done the same. I’ll give him 2015 though but I won’t forgive the way he turned the club toxic and his despicable public treatment of Eva.

His slide downhill continued with ManU and will continue with Spurs. He’ll be happy for all of two weeks then we’ll be forced to endure his moody press conferences. Couldn’t happen to a nicer club than Tottenham - they are welcome to him.

Mourinho will most likely get the better of a few teams in the top 6, City, Arsenal and Liverpool will be grateful that theyve already played Spurs during the early part of the season. His struggles will come against the lesser teams where he will need to add a dimension on the attacking front, even during his first tenure with us we weren't really tearing teams apart but it was a case of if we scored first it was pretty much game over. He relied hugely on individual pieces of brilliance from Drogba, Lampard & co and during the 2nd tenure it was Hazard and Fabregas, the game has evolved greatly since & whether its a case of quality from an attacking sense has improved or the defensive side has declined is up for debate but now you need more than a goal to win a game.

You look at that Spurs team and you think will they consistently be able to open teams up and I dont believe they can, the only creative outlet they have in the team is Eriksen and he seems completely out of form this season. Even in previous seasons they relied heavily on Eriksen to provide any sort of creativity against stubborn defenses and when he struggled the team as a whole struggled, I dont think Mourinho is the guy to identify creative talent or tactically setup to open teams up hence I dont believe he will be a huge success.

He may end up winning the odd domestic cup but doing well in the league will be hugely dependent on how generous Levy is with his funds. 

33 minutes ago, Argo said:

Lol they're not serious surely? Lampard's tactics and philosophy couldn't be further away from Mourinho's if they tried to be.

In there defense I doubt they've been watching much football this season considering there performances

Broken any bridges that may have remained. Not sure what reaction he will (or should) get when we play them.

I don't think Frank will need anyone to tell him but our defending from set pieces and crosses absolutely must be sorted before we play them! It will be a bloodbath if it isn't. We need to play the game on the 22nd not the occasion.

What a marriage made in heaven ,should start a book on how long he will last, Toxic f*cker, i really don't like the man at all, at least i won't have to put up with the sham of him on Sky sports, spouting utter sh*te....

Is there any footage of him naming clubs he wouldn't manage, I.E Spuds, i wonder how Poch feels seeing JM handed 15mill a year, what a joke that club have instantly just become..

Harry Winks Tottenham career over in the space of 24 hours.

Someone wondered what reception Moansay Mourinho will get back at the Bridge? His car set on fire hopefully. 

That first game, how good would it be to do them on a dodgy VAR decision. Moansay would explode.

48 minutes ago, Jezz said:

Still find it hard to believe how quick this has unfolded from Poch's sacking to Mourinho's appointment.

I hope Spurs crash and burn under him.

Going to Spurs is unforgivable in my book.

This is why December 22. is the day we must blow them away.

Are there really people out there who believe two things:

1) Jose is lucky that Spurs hired him.

2) Spurs are going to improve under Jose

???

So hatred for Spurs aside, it's not a coaching issue, it's a cohesion issue.  You cannot have players the skill levels of Kane, Alli, Son, Erickson, Toby, etc, and not win anything and show nothing this season so far.  The problem is is that they don't complement one another.

That being said, Jose had almost an unlimited supply of money at United and bought some of United's most expensive players of all time....yet he was axed.  How is he going to fare with Spurs on a budget.

I think we might be seeing the start of a long term downfall for Spurs.

19 minutes ago, TrueBlueSeaFC87 said:

That being said, Jose had almost an unlimited supply of money at United and bought some of United's most expensive players of all time....yet he was axed.  How is he going to fare with Spurs on a budget.

He would not have taken the job unless he is going to be backed heavily in the transfer market , look at his contract $15 mil a year ?? Never has and never will take a job without a big transfer budget available

With the NFL contract and increased revenue from the new stadium there will be a lot of money available to him I think this is the first of a number of big deals for Rottenham.

His backroom staff appointments are more interesting  some very highly rated coaches joining from Lille , he will obviously take the credit but lets see how they are playing in 6 weeks 

“There is not one manager in the world that doesn’t like to play young players and to help young players to develop - not one.”

”The problem is that sometimes you get into clubs where the work that is below you is not good enough to produce these players.

“So I look to our history and you see that the academy is always giving talents the first team need. Of course I always look forward to working with that profile.”

-Jose Mourinho; source: Tottenham Hotspur FC via Mirror

Oh man, how much I would like our young guns to stuff him in the rear on the 22nd December. 

Edited by mojo

10 hours ago, Jezz said:

Still find it hard to believe how quick this has unfolded from Poch's sacking to Mourinho's appointment.

I hope Spurs crash and burn under him.

Going to Spurs is unforgivable in my book.

Levy had clearly been talking to him for weeks, if not months already. Everything was done by the time they sacked Pochettino.

4 hours ago, TrueBlueSeaFC87 said:

Are there really people out there who believe two things:

1) Jose is lucky that Spurs hired him.

2) Spurs are going to improve under Jose

???

So hatred for Spurs aside, it's not a coaching issue, it's a cohesion issue.  You cannot have players the skill levels of Kane, Alli, Son, Erickson, Toby, etc, and not win anything and show nothing this season so far.  The problem is is that they don't complement one another.

How does that work then? Sorry, it can't be done!

Spending £300m to win the Europa League and falling out with half the Manchester United squad is now being painted as a major success. Staggering amount of revisionism in the papers about The Special Once.

I had his card marked years ago, but it's amazing how it's taken some Chelsea fans this long to see Mourinho for what he is. 

I think he will make Spurs competitive again this season and in doing so will probably keep Kane at the club.

Eriksen I suspect will still leave.

I think he will go 4-4-2 with Son and Kane up front with Alli being an attacking midfielder. As a neutral will be interesting to see how he uses Son and Alli.

I think he will look to strengthen defensively and in midfield, wouldn't be surprised if he gets them to fifth don't see them getting a CL place.

I also think at Utd being away from his family unbalanced him and that will help him at Spurs though don't think he will make a third season.