Jose Mourinho thread

This is a complete different situation. Lamps was already at the end of his career, he could've easily avoided that City spell and ending up as a "clean" Chelsea legend.

Cech was already a different situation, he was forced out but still in the prime of his career.

But Jose is 52, he has like 20 years left in his managerial career. He was sacked in 2007, but came back because he loves this club, and now after winning the title + league cup and committing his future to Chelsea, he got sacked AGAIN.

I lost the count how many times he said things like:" I want to stay forever" or "I stay as long as the owner and board wants me to".

His family and him love England, so If he wants to stay in England, Chelsea is not an option anymore. What do you expect him to do? Reject offers from big clubs and coach in the championship?

We just wasted the chance to create a dynasty with a fully committed world class manager who loves us. You can't blame him to go for his professional career when he already gave us a second chance.

Your post kind of proves my point LOL.

And just to touch on what you say about other clubs etc. No other manager in the league plays mind games like Jose. he is constantly challenging his players. This is not a bad thing until the players stop responding which they have. His philosophy is to mentally challenge the players to the max and get the ultimate response in performances. Times have moved on. Football has passed him by, 10 years ago he could do this. Now with the egos and player power he cant. He found this out at Madrid, and now at Chelsea.

I am not making excuses for the players. They have been dire and should have performed better. But when the situation reached the point it did, the only option is to sack the manager.

'Fun wondering if the guy(s) around you are  sobered up from his nightly binge drinking'.

The sentence that sums up the comparison in one.

Jose is a liar and you all lap it up.

RLC and Baker will be in the first team very soon - LIE

I will play youth if the first team don't perform - LIE

We get no help from refs - LIE

I want to be here for 10 years - LIE

Just like Suarez, Jose forced himself out. But he was smarter to fool those who support him more than the club.

Jose is a liar and you all lap it up.

RLC and Baker will be in the first team very soon - LIE

I will play youth if the first team don't perform - LIE

We get no help from refs - LIE

I want to be here for 10 years - LIE

Just like Suarez, Jose forced himself out. But he was smarter to fool those who support him more than the club.

My only problem with that theory is  london

Terry needs to go asap. He should have disappeared in the summer. 

Completely agree with this and its gonna go to a whole different level when John Terry leaves, and were probably stupid enough to not give him a 1 year contract extension, for his leadership alone hes worth his weight in gold, or possibly he'll offer him the managers job at the end of the season and sack him after a month disgracing another chelsea legend. I really really fear for where we are going at the moment particularly because of the lack of leadership as you said and the lack of determination in the team, next full time manager will be run over aswell

His agent has said that he won't be taking a break and will go into another job. Cue rumours about United.

Honestly, I can't see Jose lasting long anywhere. I used to think he would but he is uncompromising in his methods and beliefs. He's lost that ability to give his players confidence which was his biggest attitrbute. Lampard used to say about how he gave the players so much confidence. Now it seems he drains confidence away from the players and isn't supportive.

It will be interesting to see what happens with him as he definitely does not seem the same charming, inspiring manager that we saw in 2004. He's changed.

"José Mourinho is pleased that he returned to Chelsea football club because he was able to give the fans another Premier League title, which they had not won for many years. He is immensely proud of his eight trophies at Chelsea, and thanks the fans for all their support throughout his two spells at the club."

"During his career, José has sometimes chosen to leave a club, but only at Chelsea has the club decided that he should leave."

"Each time represents for him the end of a cycle, and the opportunity to start a new one. José hopes that his future after Chelsea this time will be as successful as when he left the club in 2007.

"He will not be taking a sabbatical, he isn't tired, he doesn't need it, he is very positive, and is already looking forward."

"Because of his love of football, you will see José at football grounds working and supporting friends. He will not be attending any high-profile games because he wants to discourage any speculation about his future.

"José will remain living in London and hopes he and his family will be given the opportunity to do this privately."

"José will not speak about his current situation for the foreseeable future. He asks the media to respect this decision."

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2015/12/19/10625822/mourinho-statement-chelsea-sacking-manchester-united-rumors

Only thanked the fans. 

Why would United go for him now if they didn't want him when Fergie left - yes I firmly believe they preferred Moyes at the time.

His reputation isn't any better than it was then, in fact his negative points have only become larger.

United are the sort of club that could have the pick of all the top coaches in the world, reputation and finance wise.

According to Duncan Castles of The Times he's been approached by Roma. It would be a great challenge for Jose and I really hope he makes the move there, I'd love to see what he could do there and more importantly it stops him from managing in the prem for the foreseeable future, I couldn't handle him going straight to Man Utd or City.

I hear Costa & Hazard were 2 main Chelsea culprits in plot to axe Mourinho, thus covering up with their own woeful form. I'd sell them.

— Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan) December 19, 2015

First Mourinho is got rid of. Now our best player should be shown the door. You ever consider our rivals might have an agenda here?

In the aftermath of the sacking of the best manager in the world a few things to me have become apparent....

We will rue the decision to sack Mourinho...why? let me explain....

The disastrous season comes down to one simple oversight. A sh*t preseason! The players weren't match fit against Swansea, in turn we struggled from the onset, in turn it led to Mourinho blowing his top when the doctor came on the pitch. Had we been a goal up, he wouldnt have reacted in the same way.

The club doctor, was very close to the players...especially Hazard. So when Mourinho f*cked her over...a few players thought f*ck it. It shouldnt have been, as they are highly paid professionals, but in reality with characters in the mould of Hazard, it happened...fact!

Like a disease this attitude spread throughout the squad, why? because our best players stopped performing.

The danger here is of course that, Mourinho is a smart man. Im sure he knows he made a mistake and would have been part of his learning. Rest assured with the preseason and the treatment of the doctor...he would have never repeated again!! That only makes him better.

Dont forgot his title record is 50%. Thats a title every other season.

We may have to wait another 10 seasons before we win the PL, we may not or it may not happen again in our lifetimes. 

With Mourinho, it was the closest thing to being guaranteed. The grass is rarely greener on the other side, whether you know it or not. 

He earned the right to another transfer window, which I believe without doubt, by getting out the bad apples, we would have been back on course. Sad