Jose Mourinho thread

Heartbroken!

For the long term stability of this club jose had to stay! People will say he is a three season manager but how do we know if whenever he has a bad season he is given the boot? Jose is one of us and no manager that comes in will have that same connection. 

He is a victim of his own success and the expectation placed on him. We are having a shocking season but it was only six months ago we were lifting the title. I don't know about anyone else but I was more than willing to accept one mediocre season in the knowledge that we have THE best manager in the world! Whenever the guy has a bad half a season he is booted out and all the success before is forgotten.

Now another manager will come in and we will do the 3 year cycle again! Disgraceful decision and I will be there saturday singing his name loudly and proudly. Thanks for everything Jose!

Jose has managed to turn a team of champions into a team that's a point off relegation at Christmas. I love Jose as much as the next fan but this was the right call, we can't just keep buying a new team every time Jose has the players turn against him. The board would have sacked anybody else long before now and you can't say we didn't give him a chance but it's getting worse and worse.

The bloke is a legend and the greatest coach we have ever had, but it's all gone sour and I couldn' t see any way back for him an obviously the board felt the same.

This isn't a moyes situation so please stop making it sound like one! You say jose turned a team of champions into what they are today but who turned that team into champions in the first place? Jose did!

It's been a dramatic collapse season but no manager has lasted here more than 3 since roman arrived. Do you know why that is? The players know it won't be them paying the price for poor performances. The players at united under fergie knew he was the man and it would be them that payed the price for under performing not fergie. This produced results year after year

Mourinho: Good

(1) Good at organising a defense.

(2) One of the absolute best at identifying the weaknesses in the opposition.

Mourinho: Bad

(1) Creating attacking concepts and strategies.

(2) Lack of tactical flexibility. A bit of a one trick pony

(3) Barely ever rotates his preferred/winning team. Always thinking about winning the next game and not planning for the future. 

You're not going to survive at a top club for long with that. Because he can't create attacking concepts and strategies, after a while, his attacking players look lost and out of ideas.

Because he doesn't rotate, he runs his best players to the ground and wears them out physically. 

Completely ignoring his behavioural issues, these are Mourinho's biggest weakness, IMO and this is why we've become what we are this season. 

Edited by The Liquidator

Think it will be Hiddink till the end of the season. Well hoping so anyway, God knows who will be lined up in the summer.

Who would want to come in?

Win the title one year get sacked the next like Jose twice and Carlo.

The board I think had little choice this time round but still it makes for dire reading.

City and United will be looking for managers and we will be left with the 3rd choice.

What a bloody mess.

Mourinho can't coach attacking football. Mourinho can't coach attacking football!  Yes, he's very good at organizing a defense. Yes, he's very good at analyzing the weaknesses in the opposition. But it's all reactive. To survive at this level for a long time, you need to be proactive. 

He can create counter-attacking team. Definitely. He can somehow create an attacking team, we could see that in the first half of the previous season. He also can create a team that dominates whole game, his first season with Chelsea, by spring we had that team, it was like a wall slowly pushing towards you.

I'm hearing Hiddink is favourite to take over as interim, and there's a lot of noise today from Germany regarding Guardiola apparently planning to leave Bayern at the end of the season. Of course it could just be a coincidence, but after being relatively patient with Mourinho I can't believe they'd suddenly sack him without having a plan.

How can people criticise the club for thinking short-term when Jose did nothing to hint at long-term thinking in all his time back? 

This isn't an issue with jose! That is an issue for every single manager at this club under roman. If you try and bring in kids and lose you are out of the door.

To bring through youth you need an owner who is patient and thinks long term.No youth will ever come through at chelsea whilst roman is here I can assure you of that. You think a new manager is going to come in now and start playing loftus-cheek? No chance he will pick the proven premier league players like matic and fabregas

I don't 100% agree with the decision but I do think a lot of people are letting sentiment get in the way.  Maybe it was too soon for some, but when would it ever be acceptable to say goodbye?  Maybe at the end of the contract, but if by then we were in the lower regions of division 1 would you say otherwise?

I'll support the club for ever but I still have as much love for the players that got us the titles as I do the manager.  

Everyone suggesting the players will be forgotten but Jose will not... well i argue that your just as bad as the people you argue with that suggest Jose should have been sacked.

It's a sad day, but a new day,

Who would want to come in?

Win the title one year get sacked the next like Jose twice and Carlo.

The board I think had little choice this time round but still it makes for dire reading.

City and United will be looking for managers and we will be left with the 3rd choice.

What a bloody mess.

Mourinho got sacked first time after a season, when ManU became the Champion. The second time it was indeed the season after we won the title, however current position and "gameplay" do not correspond to what Mourinho promised to bring; he had 2 years to do that - I mean solid "gameplay" with own style, and using own academy players.

Carlo's dismissal was a mistake indeed, just like ones of  AVB, Scolari, Rafa.

Jose has managed to turn a team of champions into a team that's a point off relegation at Christmas. I love Jose as much as the next fan but this was the right call, we can't just keep buying a new team every time Jose has the players turn against him. The board would have sacked anybody else long before now and you can't say we didn't give him a chance but it's getting worse and worse.

The bloke is a legend and the greatest coach we have ever had, but it's all gone sour and I couldn' t see any way back for him an obviously the board felt the same.

No. Jose has managed to turn a squad who couldn't even compete for years, to the most dominant PL champions in history while making a profit in two seasons. We basically have TWO proven winners on the pitch. The rest are mentally weak personalities or players who are content with a decent season and don't have that ruthless mentality to do it again and again. You know who has that? The greatest manager we have ever had. The one who wins the PL every other season, the most successful manager of his generation.

This Chelsea FC board are no indication for anything, as we learned, Roman basically surrounds himself with puppets who are there to agree with everything. That's why we have mediocre businessmen and average ex footballers in top positions

We had an elite professional with Chelsea in his heart, who really cared. We gave that away for nothing. Absolutely nothing. We're still stuck with the same spineless group and we lost the identity and passion. Now there's no way back, live to regret Roman, and trust me, he will regret, hopefully there's someone with enough personality to remind him who that manager on the away bench is.

Edited by JM1