Jose Mourinho thread

As a fan of Chelsea FC (this isn't Mourinho FC) I think the sacking was the right decision. I'm sure we're all thankful for the trophies he's won our club, but seriously Mourinho has created an absolute circus here this season. He's even turnt our side into a bunch of clowns to go with it. How does one simply turn Champions into near on relegation fodder over night?

He has brought some fun and happy times to Chelsea, and a lot of good feeling, but in any job if you do not perform you will get sacked. You simply can't live off the past and we were in danger of hitting the relegation zone so we need some serious TLC. I have no idea who is coming in for the short or long term but I just hope they refresh this side a little in January if at all possible and steer us to a safe position at the very least.

If we suddenly kick into gear and string some good results together now as well as decent performances then nobody can say it was the wrong decision.

Terrible decision. Some of the players deserve the sack instead. He just won us a league title he at least deserves one bad season. No one should have imagined our team to go from champions to this, I expected us to to better than last season given the talent we have but this poor season is down to the players more than the manger for me. We will never have a more charismatic manager who loves this club more than him, I will miss his touch line celebrations.

Who would want to come in?

Win the title one year get sacked the next like Jose twice and Carlo.

The board I think had little choice this time round but still it makes for dire reading.

City and United will be looking for managers and we will be left with the 3rd choice.

What a bloody mess.

Agreed mate. Also think one of the biggest problems we have right now is the state of the squad. A lot of managers (prospective) will look at it and see that it requires some significant investment - something which contradicts our current model. Im concerned for the future, I dont think this squad is up to much as it stands.

I certainly wouldn't begrudge the bloke going to city or united now and dominating for years to come. It's what roman and after seeing most of the posts on here our fans deserve.

That's our worst nightmare.

He guarantees instant success and maybe with the right board, setup and players he could do it long term. I'd find it extremely hard to watch.

Who is left for us now though? Go back in time yet again, hire a stop gap and go for the next popular young manager or try to convince Carlo to come back (although he will be too smart to be fooled twice I dare say).

Pep...forget it he's City or United bound if he leaves Bayern.

Who then? Simeone? Can't speak a word of English and has only managed at one club.

I just don't see a solution out there.

I certainly wouldn't begrudge the bloke going to city or united now and dominating for years to come. It's what roman and after seeing most of the posts on here our fans deserve.

Its impossible. Ive never bought into the 'dynasty' thing. And It simply cant happen with Jose.

A brilliant manager but one with a shelf life.

There will be no 'Mourinho dynasty' anywhere. His methods dicate this.

In fact in this country i think we are obssessed with this type of thing because of Wenger and SAF. They are excpetions. 3-4 years in the norm for a football manager at any club these days no matter how big and how good you become... Look at Barcelona and Bayern for instance.

Edited by bjd

What Roman deserves is a little bit more respect for pumping £1Billion into the club so that the likes of us can enjoy some prolonged stability and success with world class players to watch perform each week.

Honestly, I do wonder sometimes if people support Jose Mourinho or Chelsea FC ... far too much Man Love for me ... he's just the manager - a successful one for sure, but we've had them before and we'll have them again.

Its impossible. Ive neve bought into the 'dynasty' thing. It simply cant happen with Jose.

In fact in this country i think we are obssessed with this type of thing because of Wenger and SAF. They are excpetions. 3-4 years in the norm for a football manager at any club these days no matter how big and how good you become... Look at Barcelona and Bayern for instance.

Paisley, clough, busby

Its impossible. Ive neve bought into the 'dynasty' thing. It simply cant happen with Jose.

Going to print this on a t shirt.

This all over.

Many times this.

Useless Emenalo and boards..

They are the reason why this club will never be like Barcelona or Bayern Munich.

They deny to build up history and they are total disgrace of this club.

Abramovich never learn lessons from the past..

Is this saying Bayern, Barca don't sack coaches?

Thought Jose did brilliantly to get a squad in decline over the finishing line last season. The Board needed to back him last transfer window to build on things.

Sadly the Board seemed to think that we won the league on the back of Michael Emenalo's genius. So we did bugger all over the Summer.

Now we are truly a squad built in Emenalo's image.

We're fighting relegation for a reason. 

No. Jose has managed to turn a squad who couldn't even compete for years, to the most dominant PL champions in history while making a profit in two seasons. We basically have TWO proven winners on the pitch. The rest are mentally weak personalities or players who are content with a decent season and don't have that ruthless mentality to do it again and again. You know who has that? The greatest manager we have ever had. The one who wins the PL every other season, the most successful manager of his generation.

This Chelsea FC board are no indication for anything, as we learned, Roman basically surrounds himself with puppets who are there to agree with everything. That's why we have mediocre businessmen and average ex footballers in top positions

We had an elite professional with Chelsea in his heart, who really cared. We gave that away for nothing. Absolutely nothing. We're still stuck with the same spineless group and we lost the identity and passion. Now there's no way back, live to regret Roman, and trust me, he will regret, hopefully there's someone with enough personality to remind him who that manager on the away bench is.

A lot wrong with this post.

It could of happened at this club if we could all of seen past one bad season! Jose and chelsea fit like fergie and united fit! He creates an us v them mentality and that is perfect for a club like us who every other set of fans detest.

They detest jose and they detest chelsea. Trust me they may not say it out loud but fans of united and the other top 4 are elated by this sacking. If we stuck with him through this they would of been fearing next year like we used to fear fergie the year after united had a bad season. 

Instead we have to go through more managers trying to replace jose but never really managing it and in 2019 we will probably go crawling back to him

Edited by Bluehatter

He can create counter-attacking team. Definitely. He can somehow create an attacking team, we could see that in the first half of the previous season. He also can create a team that dominates whole game, his first season with Chelsea, by spring we had that team, it was like a wall slowly pushing towards you.

He can't. And I'm glad you made a distinction between attacking and counter-attacking. I've come to accept that what we saw in the 1st 3 months of last season was mostly down to the novelty of having Costa and Fabregas as new signings. They briefly transformed the way we played and the opposition couldn't deal with that. 

Ironically, look at what has become of those two players under Mourinho after they've had a long period to absorb his ideas.

It could of happened at this club if we could all of seen past one bad season! Jose and chelsea fit like fergie and united fit! He creates an us v them mentality and that is perfect for a club like us who every other set of fans detest.

They detest jose and they detest chelsea. Trust me they may not say it out loud but fans of united and the other top 4 are elated by this sacking. If we stuck with him through this they would of been fearing next year like we used to fear fergie the year after united had a bad season. 

Instead we have to go through more managers trying to replace jose but never really managing it and in 2019 we will probably go crawling back to him

I never really detested Fergie, lot of respect, even more so now.