Brizzleblue

Jose Mourinho thread

Useless Emenalo and boards..

They are the reason why this club will never be like Barcelona or Bayern Munich.

They deny to build up history and they are total disgrace of this club.

Abramovich never learn lessons from the past..

I think the club is very well run .. fantastic infrastructure in place, a club culture and playing style that permeates through all the development teams, wonderful new stadium plans ... ... but this season frankly it has been a far more pleasurable experience to watch the U-18s, 19s and 21s than it has to watch what Jose has been serving up with his first team ... and that is  just all wrong!

The quote from Jody Morris of all people on the other thread sums up what the owner is aspiring to with the style of football, and why he wants someone like Guardiola to take the helm (though not convinced on that one myself).

if it all works out to Roman's plan, I think we will all be delighted ...

Incredibly upsetting moment. We all (including José himself) were incredibly invested in the ten-year legacy plan; to have it masterminded by a club legend, and one who was seemingly immune to failure offered us a promise of magnificent and lasting glory. To see that promise in complete ruin is extremely painful, but nonetheless I will always be grateful to José and the massive amount he has done for the club; for me he will forever be a club legend.

His first spell was magic and took us to heights we could never previously have dreamed of. I'm far from a veteran Chelsea fan, and the worst I've ever really experienced of us was the bottom half of the Premier League, but in my childhood I never dreamed that I'd see us win the league. To see it happen so soon, so spectacularly, and two years in a row was a time of unthinkable joy.

His second spell started beautifully; I remember well how good it felt to have one of our own, arguably the most talented manager in the world, return home after the horrible experience of instability and infighting that was the 2012/13 season under Benitez. I didn't necessarily have expectations of us romping home with the title (although in the spring we were mighty close), but the feel-good factor was a blissful break from the previous year; add to that the great moments we had: Torres' last minute winner against City, Eto'o's hat trick against Man Utd, tactically embarrassing City away, blitzing Tottenham 4-0, the legendary 6-0 humiliation of Arsenal, and hilariously ruining Steven Gerrard's legacy in the 2-0 at Anfield.

Then of course came the title win, an absolute romp. We [ostensibly] fixed all the holes in the first XI quickly and effectively, and then strolled to the title. The first few months were sensational, we were tearing teams apart. We even beat Tottenham in the League Cup Final! Another magnificent contribution from José to immortal Chelsea legend.

But despite the pain of this decision, and the wonderful memories, I think this was the right move, for both parties. It was painful to watch José flailing around desperately, casting blame on everyone from the players to the medical staff to the summer transfers. It really was unpleasant to see him in such a position of weakness, the target of every schadenfreude-loving journalist and opposition fan (the latter being more understandable). I want to see him go on and succeed (ideally abroad). He thrives entirely on winning; I don't want to see him fail, I certainly don't want to see him fail here, and it was becoming increasingly clear that he had no ideas or strategies to stop what was becoming increasingly inevitable failure at the end of the season.

I kept the faith for as long as I could justify, but after the Leicester game the evidence overwhelmed me and I really gave up all hope of José being able to turn this around. Previously I suspected a fitness issue, but that would have been resolved by now. Such a long-term, widespread and dramatic downturn in form (to the point that we are not only underperforming, but we are below a total shambles of a Newcastle side in the table) suggests something is horribly wrong behind the scenes. It may well not be something as dramatic as a full-on factional war or mutiny in the dressing room, but at some point José completely lost the ability to instruct and motivate these players (and let's face it, our squad is at absolute worst the third-best in the league), and that is ultimately his job; thus the responsibility for our failure this season lies at his door.

No other manager would have been given this much time or this much leniency - Robbie D was sacked having won the Champions League six months previously, when we were third and four points off the top of the league! (With a worse squad no less) As a result I don't particularly understand the fury being directed at the board - they were as patient as they possibly could have been, suggesting they have learned their lesson of the past decade, but unfortunately José's position had become untenable and this is the right move for us and him. The board have done the right thing; if they appoint Hiddink (i.e. recognising that the fans might want a familiar face associated with good memories rather than a lame duck like Ramos), it suggests a certain understanding of the fondness we have for José and that we are the ones who matter.

To be honest I have no doubt in my mind that any future slumps and missteps will see the return of the recriminations and pining for José we used to see before he returned, but I don't think that will be particularly helpful. I also hope whoever is appointed as José's temporary and permanent successor (assuming they are not the same person) receives the full support of the fans. Kicking off and creating a negative atmosphere at the Bridge will help us achieve nothing. The disgraceful behaviour the club showed during Robbie/Benitez fiasco warranted a reaction - this is not that.

It is incredibly sad, I will never forget what José has done and won for us. I wish him a return to his usual stamping ground of the very elite of world football as soon as humanly possible. Thank you José!

This isn't a moyes situation so please stop making it sound like one! You say jose turned a team of champions into what they are today but who turned that team into champions in the first place? Jose did!

It's been a dramatic collapse season but no manager has lasted here more than 3 since roman arrived. Do you know why that is? The players know it won't be them paying the price for poor performances. The players at united under fergie knew he was the man and it would be them that payed the price for under performing not fergie. This produced results year after year

No, it wasn't a Moyes situation, Moyes was considered a massive failure for leading an Man Utd to 7th place, Jose has led us to 16th and during that time has made no attempt to change tactics or players. If we were 7th or 8th and we sacked him I would say it's the wrong decision, but we're a point off relegation and we are seeing no improvements in the slightest and I feat that it would have only gotten worse I'm very sorry that Jose has gone, I wanted nothing more than to have him do a fergie and stay here for long time, but he has managed to turn a team of champions against him. As I said previously, we can't just go out and buy a new squad every time Jose turns them against him.

Dear Mourinho,

The special one. This season didn't work, Chelsea hasn't worked. They let you down. Going against your wishes in the summer about selling your goalkeeper and added injury to salt by selling to you bitter rival.

Not only the players betrayed you, your board betrayed you and dampened your moral. I could see tthe sadness with which you spoke on the issue. Losing a strong dressing room figure, all because of the board that should support you decided to sell him (maybe to look good in the eyes of others who will not respect them anyway) and the so called player that's considered a legend in the eyes of some(certainly not mine no matter his laudable achievements) never batted an eyelid about angling for a move to his beloved club's rival. So yes I can feel your pain at betrayal.

However you betrayed yourself as well, you fail to learn from past lessons, you fail to hold your emotions, you fail to control your tongue and you fail to try to leave the defeatist pragmatic mentality behind and play with verve as you should indeed with the type of players you had at your disposal.

On a final note, It doesn't change the fact you're a great manager. You had recently signed a 4 year contract and if you had been allowed i am sure there would have been 2 league titles there. To say i don't hold the same confidence of us getting the same in the next 4 years is a testament to your brilliance. 

Jose Mourinho, My Special One, Our Special One, thank you for the good times and memories. Looking forward to following news of your future success. 

Incredibly upsetting moment. We all (including José himself) were incredibly invested in the ten-year legacy plan; to have it masterminded by a club legend, and one who was seemingly immune to failure offered us a promise of magnificent and lasting glory. To see that promise in complete ruin is extremely painful, but nonetheless I will always be grateful to José and the massive amount he has done for the club; for me he will forever be a club legend.

His first spell was magic and took us to heights we could never previously have dreamed of. I'm far from a veteran Chelsea fan, and the worst I've ever really experienced of us was the bottom half of the Premier League, but in my childhood I never dreamed that I'd see us win the league. To see it happen so soon, so spectacularly, and two years in a row was a time of unthinkable joy.

His second spell started beautifully; I remember well how good it felt to have one of our own, arguably the most talented manager in the world, return home after the horrible experience of instability and infighting that was the 2012/13 season under Benitez. I didn't necessarily have expectations of us romping home with the title (although in the spring we were mighty close), but the feel-good factor was a blissful break from the previous year; add to that the great moments we had: Torres' last minute winner against City, Eto'o's hat trick against Man Utd, tactically embarrassing City away, blitzing Tottenham 4-0, the legendary 6-0 humiliation of Arsenal, and hilariously ruining Steven Gerrard's legacy in the 2-0 at Anfield.

Then of course came the title win, an absolute romp. We [ostensibly] fixed all the holes in the first XI quickly and effectively, and then strolled to the title. The first few months were sensational, we were tearing teams apart. We even beat Tottenham in the League Cup Final! Another magnificent contribution from José to immortal Chelsea legend.

But despite the pain of this decision, and the wonderful memories, I think this was the right move, for both parties. It was painful to watch José flailing around desperately, casting blame on everyone from the players to the medical staff to the summer transfers. It really was unpleasant to see him in such a position of weakness, the target of every schadenfreude-loving journalist and opposition fan (the latter being more understandable). I want to see him go on and succeed (ideally abroad). He thrives entirely on winning; I don't want to see him fail, I certainly don't want to see him fail here, and it was becoming increasingly clear that he had no ideas or strategies to stop what was becoming increasingly inevitable failure at the end of the season.

I kept the faith for as long as I could justify, but after the Leicester game the evidence overwhelmed me and I really gave up all hope of José being able to turn this around. Previously I suspected a fitness issue, but that would have been resolved by now. Such a long-term, widespread and dramatic downturn in form (to the point that we are not only underperforming, but we are below a total shambles of a Newcastle side in the table) suggests something is horribly wrong behind the scenes. It may well not be something as dramatic as a full-on factional war or mutiny in the dressing room, but at some point José completely lost the ability to instruct and motivate these players (and let's face it, our squad is at absolute worst the third-best in the league), and that is ultimately his job; thus the responsibility for our failure this season lies at his door.

No other manager would have been given this much time or this much leniency - Robbie D was sacked having won the Champions League six months previously, when we were third and four points off the top of the league! (With a worse squad no less) As a result I don't particularly understand the fury being directed at the board - they were as patient as they possibly could have been, suggesting they have learned their lesson of the past decade, but unfortunately José's position had become untenable and this is the right move for us and him. The board have done the right thing; if they appoint Hiddink (i.e. recognising that the fans might want a familiar face associated with good memories rather than a lame duck like Ramos), it suggests a certain understanding of the fondness we have for José and that we are the ones who matter.

To be honest I have no doubt in my mind that any future slumps and missteps will see the return of the recriminations and pining for José we used to see before he returned, but I don't think that will be particularly helpful. I also hope whoever is appointed as José's temporary and permanent successor (assuming they are not the same person) receives the full support of the fans. Kicking off and creating a negative atmosphere at the Bridge will help us achieve nothing. The disgraceful behaviour the club showed during Robbie/Benitez fiasco warranted a reaction - this is not that.

It is incredibly sad, I will never forget what José has done and won for us. I wish him a return to his usual stamping ground of the very elite of world football as soon as humanly possible. Thank you José!

An excellent post sir.

It could of happened at this club if we could all of seen past one bad season! Jose and chelsea fit like fergie and united fit! He creates an us v them mentality and that is perfect for a club like us who every other set of fans detest.

They detest jose and they detest chelsea. Trust me they may not say it out loud but fans of united and the other top 4 are elated by this sacking. If we stuck with him through this they would of been fearing next year like we used to fear fergie the year after united had a bad season. 

Instead we have to go through more managers trying to replace jose but never really managing it and in 2019 we will probably go crawling back to him

I guarantee you Jose Mourinho will never rmanage another Chelsea match again.

The club arent stupid and knew what they were getting into in 2013, what they didnt expect (what none of us expected) was the utter meltdown this season, and certainly the lack of answers to the meltdown.

Wake up tommorow morning when the dust has settled and look at the league table and let it sink in. Its staggering.

Mourinho may love Chelsea and may be a good fit but he has one way of working and it aint pretty. It gets results but it doesnt have if a shelf life. Once things go wrong there is no way back - and so it came to pass.

He will never do more than 3 years anywhere, its impossible.

Edited by bjd

What Roman deserves is a little bit more respect for pumping £1Billion into the club so that the likes of us can enjoy some prolonged stability and success with world class players to watch perform each week.

Honestly, I do wonder sometimes if people support Jose Mourinho or Chelsea FC ... far too much Man Love for me ... he's just the manager - a successful one for sure, but we've had them before and we'll have them again.

He gets ample respect for what he's done for us, but let's not sugar coat it, he didn't buy us for his love of Chelsea FC.

We were bought as an investment & I can't quite remember but I'm not sure we were even first choice?

Fair play to him for the money he has invested but he is a BILLIONAIRE.

And quite frankly his track records with managers is beyond abysmal.

Its impossible. Ive never bought into the 'dynasty' thing. And It simply cant happen with Jose.

We all (including José himself) were incredibly invested in the ten-year legacy plan

Sorry, should have said "We all (except bjd)" ;)

I also want to say that the one man I feel for most in all of this is Chippy, who has unflinchingly backed José the whole time. Chips I very much admire your steadfast philosophy of sticking by our man. I'm sorry it didn't work out - hopefully the next guy will have a better time of it.

Dear Mourinho,

The special one. This season didn't work, Chelsea hasn't worked. They let you down. Going against your wishes in the summer about selling your goalkeeper and added injury to salt by selling to you bitter rival.

Not only the players betrayed you, your board betrayed you and dampened your moral. I could see tthe sadness with which you spoke on the issue. Losing a strong dressing room figure, all because of the board that should support you decided to sell him (maybe to look good in the eyes of others who will not respect them anyway) and the so called player that's considered a legend in the eyes of some(certainly not mine no matter his laudable achievements) never batted an eyelid about angling for a move to his beloved club's rival. So yes I can feel your pain at betrayal.

However you betrayed yourself as well, you fail to learn from past lessons, you fail to hold your emotions, you fail to control your tongue and you fail to try to leave the defeatist pragmatic mentality behind and play with verve as you should indeed with the type of players you had at your disposal.

On a final note, It doesn't change the fact you're a great manager. You had recently signed a 4 year contract and if you had been allowed i am sure there would have been 2 league titles there. To say i don't hold the same confidence of us getting the same in the next 4 years is a testament to your brilliance. 

Jose Mourinho, My Special One, Our Special One, thank you for the good times and memories. Looking forward to following news of your future success. 

have i just stumbled into rawk? ffs 

Thats as close to a perfect post as you will see. Take a bow.

Apart from buying into the dynasty that sums up my feelings 100% right up to the Leicester game being the personal tipping point.

It couldnt go on and its unquestionably the right decsion.

Edited by bjd

Sorry, should have said "We all (except bjd)" ;)

I also want to say that the one man I feel for most in all of this is Chippy, who has unflinchingly backed José the whole time. Chips I very much admire your steadfast philosophy of sticking by our man. I'm sorry it didn't work out - hopefully the next guy will have a better time of it.

Modern times dear boy, modern times.

We live in an age of easy come easy go. Make no mistake people ARE the most important thing.

Is this saying Bayern, Barca don't sack coaches?

No this is to comment how our board is disgraceful and make mistakes compare to their boards

You can't criticise Abramovich on this occasion, the players are the ones to blame.

But he should prevent players overpower mangers. He should establish correct hierarchy rather than reverse hierarchy

Watching Sky Sports News... They're trying to analyse whether a figure in a hood leaving the training ground is Jose Mourinho. Who the f**k cares?

Scousers, Mancs and everyone else bar us.

This is what the media love, a winner who's been dethroned and now they want to catch every single second of this moment.

It's pathetic but they pander to their audience sadly.

Watching Sky Sports News... They're trying to analyse whether a figure in a hood leaving the training ground is Jose Mourinho. Who the f**k cares?

Could be a stray from the Star Wars prem, I am bereft and my bodily percentage of alcohol is increasing .

Scousers, Mancs and everyone else bar us.

This is what the media love, a winner who's been dethroned and now they want to catch every single second of this moment.

It's pathetic but they pander to their audience sadly.

I get that, but this guy was talking about him leaving for a good 10 minutes trying to get something out of it... It was literally a figure with his hood down.