Jose Mourinho thread

Well then, it has happened. A sad day for me, and for many on here. Lot of differing emotions and opinions on here about this explosive subject. For what it is worth here is what I think about Jose leaving us.

I think the message from the board of Chelsea is pretty clear with the timing of this so close to the January window. They were not prepared to do as Jose asked for that window, whether it be player signings or sales. Ultimately if you are not going to back your manager then you are left with little choice, and that may be where part of this mutual consent thing has come from.

It is rare in football these days when things go wrong at a club that the players or the board take the blame. That ultimately falls on the managers door step. Should Jose have his share of the blame for our poor season to date? Absolutely. Is it all down to him? Absolutely not.

As someone firmly in the "players are mostly to blame" camp it is not a surprise that I continue to place the majority of the blame on them. Sure the board deserves a slice, our summer transfer window offered us little, whether you blame the board or Jose, or a combination of the two as I do, for that. Jose himself deserves some blame, the situation with Eva, the continued reluctance to give youth a chance and picking the same old tried and failing options (message sent out being top, top 4, mid table, bottom half or near the drop zone the youth get no time here). His media blow outs had some fuming on here.

However, at the end of the day, just how important is the manager of the team? For me I would say their importance is very overestimated. Avram Grant was a JT slip away from being a CL win. RDM, Chelsea legend that he is, won the CL but he failed to make it work at WBA and in Germany. 

So there in lies why I place the blame at the players feet. In spite of Grant they nearly won the big one. Grant, a man seen as a glorified yes man. These players were good enough to win the league last season. There is simply no excuse, be it Jose or the board, as to why they are doing so poorly. The majority of the blame is theirs and theirs alone.

So you may ask if this is the case, why is it such a big deal to change manager? It is not, it is a big deal to lose Jose. He is one of us, a true Chelsea man. Having him as our manager was something to be proud of, like having you, me or any other blue in the top position. Win and your saw his joy, these past month you see him suffering the same pain as us. The man is a proven winner and I am sure will come good again. Long term this feels like a mistake.

Lastly for our good friend Chippy, who is possibly the most hurt on here over this. Much as we did not want this outcome mate console yourself with the fact at least Jose is out of this mess now. He deserves better. Not better from the fans, who have been marvelous with him game after game. But better from Roman and the board, and especially from our disgraceful players. He will be back at Real, or PSG, or United, or somewhere else, and he will win, and win again.

I just hope we rebuild, and come on strong again. Right now this is a big low point.

Rain or shine, through Rafa to Jose and all that is in between we continue to follow the famous CFC.

Edited by axman2526

What's the evidence? He slags referees of (Fergie done the same)

He slags his players of when they under perform ( Fergie done the same)

With managers like jose and fergie the owner has to ride out the first bad spell they come across because it then lets the players know that it won't be the manager taking the blame it will be them. If we could of got to the end of the season and finished mid table like we will do and would of done under jose then it sends a message to players coming in and those already at the club. Jose is the boss and no one else. It squashes the player power.

That is how dynastys are built my friend

Your a million miles from how a dynasty is built.

How mant times did Fergie slag of his medical team in public, not the best way to build trust in a dynasty.

This feels like a form of perverse quid pro quo; Morgan displays sense while our own seemingly act on behalf of our rivals.

problem is fans are so fickle. one minute you got fans saying if results don't improve he must go, it will be hard to see him stay and now he's sacked they're all back tracking - pick one and stick to it ffs! 

That's not true at all. Listen to fans before, during and after matches at Stamford Bridge - support for Jose has been unwavering. 

I still wanted him to stay because I think he deserves to have one year to fix what happened this season. He gave us two titles last year and we're still in the picture of winning the CL. But he's paying for his mistakes. I wish him the best, he was and still our king, thanks for everything and his career is still long, who knows maybe he will come back one time.

Thanks and good luck Jose!

Today is a sad day. I would publicly like to thank José Mourinho for his contribution to this club and for everything he has taught me over the years. I want to wish him all the best for the future. With him we have achieved very important titles and memories for the fans that will remain in the history of Chelsea forever. He will always be remembered. Thank you mister.

problem is fans are so fickle. one minute you got fans saying if results don't improve he must go, it will be hard to see him stay and now he's sacked they're all back tracking - pick one and stick to it ffs! 

Are they that fickle? Half the people in this thread would sacrifice their newborn to have a passionate night with Jose. He could slap their mothers around and they'd be like "take it mum, it's Jose".

Chelsea > Jose. 

Its not like we don't have a history, Ancelotti stabbed in the everton tunnel, absolutely no class when dealing with our managers, its about time Roman said something to the fans, cannot keep getting his yes men to offer a few crumbs for the baying masses, we deserve more for our undying sevitude to our Russian big dog...

Thought Roman speaks to us supporters by sending billion pounds on players these last 12years, and going to spend more millions on a new ground for us, we would be down in the lower divisions with out Roman Abramovich, some people are so ungrateful.

Which one of the players in our current roster exhibited player power or is this just speculation? Mourinho's lost the dressing room and he failed woefully to create any attacking philosophy in our play. Relying on defensive organisation and the individual brilliance of Hazard in attack can only take you so far.

So far, meant the Premier League title last season.

I got to admit, I wouldn't mind going that far.   :smile:

Edited by KopKings

Am not really here to discuss today, just to let off some steam. When I find some time I shall have a read through and see what other people are saying.

Like many of you I'm angry but unsurprised and at the end of it all still a bit optimistic. Many of us have supported Chelsea through thick and thin and I'm lucky, having been born in 1980, to have avoided much of the crap  and to have grown up in my teenage years to an exciting team that never achieved very much but was always pushing the boundaries. We knew we could beat anyone and we knew anyone could beat us. That continued as we got our first taste of silverware (in my lifetime) and exciting European nights against heavyweights like Club Bruge and Real Zaragoza. We pushed further with memorable Champions league debut and seasons where we came so close yet so far. Then came in Mr Mourinho and suddenly things changed. We were unbeatable, a powerhouse, if we didn't win at home it was a surprise and we'd go home a bit disappointed. The unpredictability was gone and with it a bit of the romance too, but with it came silverware, record after record and the knowledge that we were the best (or at least better than Arsenal - how they made my teens a misery).

This season has been bizarre. It's been crap losing all the time, but for those of us who remember what being relegated is like it actually wasn't that bad. 2nd place or 12th place, they are both no silverware places and as long as we were still in the Champions League and FA cup there was a big of fun being unpredictable in the league as long as we could keep going in the cups... that's how it used to be before Mourinho came along! There was no way Mourinho was going while silverware was still up for winning, he is a born winner as are his teams. Having seen manager after manager come and go the idea of a dynasty along with a brand new stadium was what we wanted. 

Sadly Chelsea FC had other ideas, who knows why, maybe it was the results or maybe something we don't know about behind the scenes. Either way that's it with Jose, we know he won't be back as manager again, it doesn't make sense to me but I'm not the guy in charge and the guy in charge is also a winner, with a philosophy that I don't really get but that had served him well. And we know he loves Chelsea too.

So onwards and upwards - hopefully by some miracle we can win some silverware this season and get back up ready for the league next season... I have my doubts but remember, it's football, it's meant to be fun so get that anger off your chest and remember all the great times we've had over the last 10 or so years!

That's not true at all. Listen to fans before, during and after matches at Stamford Bridge - support for Jose has been unwavering. 

maybe the fans going to the games,yes, but so many other forums and sites i've been on and on here there's been plenty people saying he should go. about a week ago people said results need to improve or he's gone, then leicester a lot of fans were pissed at results and said surely now he must be gone. the other thread has been locked so you can't view the previous comments, but they were said on there on here.

i will hold my hands up and admit that i didn't think things would improve under him and before things got even worse than now he had to go. however, i don't think anybody wanted him to go, just that results did not look like improving whatsoever and you can't blame people for thinking this. if in another two weeks results didn't change, do you think people would still be sat here wishing him to stay? i myself didn't want him gone, but what can you do when results don't improve and we're almost in a relegation battle half way through the season after being champs the season before? 

the thing that makes me angry more than anything is people who aren't just supporters of chelsea who are happy he's gone, but opposition fans and who are themselves ecstatic he's not here any more. a man has just lost his job and people just want to laugh at his misfortune. it's not like he's adolf hitler or some other dictator who's murdered thousands, millions of innocent people, he's just a football manager who may have done and said some silly things, but it doesn't warrant anyone, fans or otherwise to laugh at his suffering. people sit behind a screen with their high and almighty morals as if they are perfect human beings, pisses me off. 

Edited by enigma

I also like the three Justin Bieber songs in the charts, what is happening to the world?

Im not sad for Jose or myself. Im sad and worried for the club. All the talk of long term building and stability and they sack the best manager in the country not even half a season after he's won the league.

Jose knows he needs new players every year to keep things fresh, the club didnt back him. Now whomever comes in will presumably be replacing quite a few of these knobs, so why not keep Jose and carry on replacing players, which will be done regardless of who's in charge January/next summer.

Im very disappointed in the way our club has conducted this business. I genuinely thought we were beginning to change our approach with how they held off sacking him earlier. I did not expect to wake up and read this headline today. We've made a giant mistake and embarrassed ourselves.

As for the players, god help some of you if you start playing well suddenly. Its going to be rough for you at home matches

Will obviously be seething if the players miraculously find form now Jose's gone but my main concern is Chelsea football club so hopefully we can just string some positive results together and hope others falter.

Wish Jose all the best hoped he would be here for many a year but I feel he didn't help himself tactically way too rigid in regards to team selection so hopefully at least this a chance for the likes of baba Kennedy rlc and even Remy to start afresh and hopefully get more games!

Sorry about the lack of proper punctuation on my mobile.