Brizzleblue

Jose Mourinho thread

To be honest Bobby, i don't actually hate Mourinho. I think what he did for this club was amazing first time, he was exactly what we needed back then and I can't thank him enough for those years. I know it wasn't his fault but we should never have taken him back second time around. He would guarantee short term success, but we needed someone who could last a decade. Mourinho wasn't that guy. We saw towards the end of the title winning season and all last season just exactly why he never lasts more than 3 years.

I'll admit second stint Mourinho as a person was not my cup of tea. But his failings last year are not solely on him and that's where I'm getting abit fed up with certain people, the club and the players who lets not forget have been a problem with this club losing managers over the years (whether for better or worse) were also big factors in last season's horrible form. Even so Jose's last stint should never hinder the fact he delivered us yet another league title and is our most succesful manager to date.

Edited by Bobbywoodhogan

Today's Mail has a picture of him prowling the streets of London, with his legal notes for the Caneiro tribunal clearly on display. Comments such as 'I have never heard this Allegation' and 'It's fantasy' and 'not true' can be seen.

He is obviously going to defend himself rigorously against this, I wonder if the club should pay her up for constructive dismissal, its quite a weird situation to be in, and a bit messy for us and Mourinho.

How's does the legal case work then now he's left? She's put a case in against the club and Jose seperatley right? Jose will have to argue both cases correct?

Either way, he reflects badly on him and I can see him being found guilty of it. To demote someone for doing their job sounds like a very bad decision.

Someone like Jose? You mean an arrogant sociopath that believes he is bigger than every club he goes to? Quite easy really.  

I think "sociopath" is a bit strong, but "egomaniac" fits nicely :-)

I recall the polls showing 2/3 of the fans against his sacking and 1/3 supporting, so he really is quite a devisive character, which is never a good thing in the long run.

What we need now is someone to unite all the fans and put the club and the team first. Is Conte that man ? Time will tell ...

As far as Manchester United are concerned, I find it most amusing that people like Scholes, Neville etc are coming out saying that Jose will "get" United and "change" to play attacking football. Now in my experience of life, people don't change much after their 20s in their mode of thinking, principles, habits, behaviour etc, and certainly not after 50. 53 year old Mourinho may pay some lip service to get the job, but we all have a good idea how this will play out ... it will make a change for it to be someone else's train wreck to observe I suppose ...

Edited by Sexyfootball

I think "sociopath" is a bit strong, but "egomaniac" fits nicely :-)

I recall the polls showing 2/3 of the fans against his sacking and 1/3 supporting, so he really is quite a devisive character, which is never a good thing in the long run.

So Jose is a "divisive' character based on a poll? I suppose Arsene Wenger is divisive because some Arsenal supporters want him sacked or any manager who's job is under pressure and is facing intense scrutiny from their supporters and the media is 'divisive' is general? Poor argument.

I do agree with you though that we need to unite and get behind the club and Antonio Conte now. Ultimately, the interests of the club come first above anything else.

Edited by Jezz

So Jose is a "divisive' character based on a poll? I suppose Arsene Wenger is divisive because some Arsenal supporters want him sacked or any manager who's job is under pressure and is facing intense scrutiny from their supporters and the media is 'divisive' is general? Poor argument.

I do agree with you though that we need to unite and get behind the club and Antonio Conte now. Ultimately, the interests of the club come first above anything else.

Are you trying to say that Jose is *not* a divisive character ? I would have thought the many derailed threads on here were sufficient evidence that he is !!! He's divisive even when he is winning LOL.

Amen to the bolded bit :-)

Spending a ton of money in 2005 when there were not many investors around pretty much guaranteed a title. Even City were able to win it (just) with Mancini. As years have gone by its become harder due to smaller clubs generating more money. Not rocket science really.

Why didn't Ranieri win the title then?

Why didn't Ranieri win the title then?

Or when we spent £75 odd million on Torres and Luiz.

Money doesn't guarantee anything, we spent a truck load with Claudio in charge and didn't win the league and got knocked out the CL by a club who cost a fraction of our own (Monaco).

Money of course does help to get to the top but you need to bring in the right players, have the right management and have the correct mix of talent, experience and know how.

United and City both spent a fortune this season...more than anyone else but both failed in large.

It can be funny listening to fickle people compare spent money in football with success.

e.g. When a team spend a ton of money and win the league person X will just moan "Ach sure they just bought the league, ruining football"

BUT

When another team spends another ton of money and dont deliver that same person will say "hahahah, see! You cant just buy success!!!!"

In regards to Jose and spending I tend to think the fact he won the greatest prize in European football against clubs like Bayern, Madrid, Barca, United and so on with Porto shows what he can do with a team without hundreds of millions. I mean he dominated Portugal winning everything including the UEFA Cup then went from strength to strength the next season winning the big one.

It’s because he was so successful that he goes to the biggest clubs who of course have the biggest budgets which obviously means spending the money.

Are you trying to say that Jose is *not* a divisive character ? I would have thought the many derailed threads on here were sufficient evidence that he is !!! He's divisive even when he is winning LOL.

Amen to the bolded bit :-)

A controversial figure I would agree, but I don't think people were divided on him until the bitter end.

Funny how all of a sudden we're getting an avalanche of puff pieces claiming Mourinho's goals record is better than he's been given credit for, the 'parking the bus' reputation is undeserved, and we shouldn't judge him too harshly for not bringing through youngsters. Sky have been going into overdrive with the Mourinho 'myth busting' this week. And here's the Mail:

image.thumb.png.892c6d40449fecf0f4450a14

image.thumb.png.e48ec85aa1692081d796458b

Apparently we didn't pursue when he signed for Inter or Real. Now that he's signed for United, we're our pursuing it or being difficult.

Brilliant, love it.

Apparently we didn't pursue when he signed for Inter or Real. Now that he's signed for United, we're our pursuing it or being difficult.

Brilliant, love it.

How is chelsea pursuing it now? They can only take action if United create some memorabilia with Jose's name on it.