Brizzleblue

Jose Mourinho thread

This is a real quote from redcafe and why you won't see much sense from Man U fans until it hits the fan. Do they realise they're had 4 managers since 2013 now!

After Wenger, I think Hughes is the next longest and he's been there 3 or 4 years? Martinez started around the same time, and now he's gone.

In fairness to whoever posted that, we are certainly one of the worst clubs in that we cold-heartedly sack managers even when the results are good. The way we treated Ancelotti in particular was a disgrace. Di Matteo was also mistreated. The only club that surpasses us is Watford.

We wouldn't have given van Gaal as much time as they did.

*peeks head into thread*

*skim reads today's offerings*

*abruptly leaves and vows to himself never to return*

Thinking pretty much along the same lines myself.  It's like a broken record being played over and over again.

The 'Jose intentionally gets sacked' theory is false because a key dependency (how well LVG might do last season) was wholly out of Jose's control. Jose didn't know that LVG would under-perform, lose the dressing room, etc. And funnily enough, he was worse than LVG on both counts.

It will probably never be proven if jose played for the sack but I think for years he has had his eye on the united job.

This takes me back to when hoddle left for the england job.

The way the premier league is now days guardiola will probably be the utd manager in 3 years and jose will be at anfield thumping the liverpool badge. They are all mercenaries.

Wenger will still be at arsenal though so its all good.

This Mourinho-intentionally-f**ked-up-to-join-United is sheer bullsh*t. He failed because of the toxic environment he created, his meltdowns, the marginalization of JT, his other key players not being arsed to take initiative, his squad not believing in his methods anymore, and because of other teams who smelled blood and upped their games against you lot. </topic>

As for Red Cafe flipping opinions on him - well, yeah. Quite a few have turned from laughing at him during your disastrous season to being overjoyed by his arrival. We always wanted him to be the man to succeed at United. He never made a personal attempt to hide his admiration for the club, either. It's just that the ones who called him names and gloated in his fall early on are now celebrating in relief more than anything else. Plus, there is a section of footie fans at all clubs who are always fickle. There's the disappointed lot, too - folks who wanted anyone but Mourinho. And then there's the cautious ones like me - who believe that though he'll bring success, the club might pay a price for it.

As has been said here before - there is a rebuilding job at United, the likes of which he hasn't undertaken before. Let's see what he brings.

And yes, always looked like he wanted to be the man to succeed SAF at United. It's surprising it wasn't evident to some on here much earlier.

The idea that Jose deliberately did a bad job in order to get sacked is ridiculous. Not only would it set him up for legal problems from the Chelsea board, but it would decrease his attractiveness to other clubs. If you want a certain new job, you greatly decrease your chances by doing a bad job at your old one.

Quick question for everyone...

What tier is Mourinho in for legacy status?

Obviously Tier 1 is the likes of Lamps, JT, Ozzy, Didier, Petr, RDM and Zola.

Would you add him to that list or put him the one below? It's the one below for me with the likes of Cole, Desailly, Gullit!

Edited by JMaher94

Most successful manager of ours of all time.  I think too many people are thinking of him in the poor light that was last season, and are forgetting about him with us the first time.

He is up there in tier 1 for me.  And until another manager comes in and produces more, he'll remain there.

Comfortably top tier. Christ if Lamps, JT and Drogba are in tier one then surely the bloke more responsible than any for them being there also needs to be there.

Not one of those three players would be as good as they were for us without the a Jose influence.

Most successful manager of ours of all time.  I think too many people are thinking of him in the poor light that was last season, and are forgetting about him with us the first time.

Not to mention the season before last, when we won the league after topping the table from start to finish, losing 4 games out of 54, and one of those was after we'd already secured the title. It's amazing how spoiled by success we've become when I'm now seeing that season being virtually dismissed: "yeah, we won the league but..."

Definitely Tier 1.

If we didn't want Jose to join another club we could have kept him for ourselves. We already knew England was his favourite country by far, that the rest of his family are nicely settled here, what did people expect to happen with regards to his next job?

Why exactly would I want us to fail??

I think there is a certain sect of fans, on here at least, who take great pleasure in second guessing and being critical of the club. So when something goes wrong they're more than happy to pounce. If everything is going right they have nothing to say.

I think there is a certain sect of fans, on here at least, who take great pleasure in second guessing and being critical of the club. So when something goes wrong they're more than happy to pounce. If everything is going right they have nothing to say.

Those being critical of the club are the ones who constantly bang on at the board for not signing the players (they somehow know) that Jose wanted or the ones who basically said it was all Eva's fault for not putting up and shutting up like John F etc.

In my case alot of unnecessary and avoidable actions from our manager was down right toxic to our club and I addressed it.

You know what happens when fans complain when things are going right? They get called spoilt plastics. I'm sure there were fans moaning how we limped over the line.

Jose sounds like a scouser in his interview with constant references to United being a "giant" club.

Yes that's pretty galling, seeing as he so loved Chelsea, oh and that huge Spanish Club he managed, ermmmm Oh yea Real Madrid, oh and Inter Milan, the cheeky little cockwomble!!

I'm not, find him very overrated

don't get me wrong, he won't have it as easy here due to the league strength and that he's coaching a much inferior side in city as opposed to barcelona and bayern. however, he absolutely is not overrated. 

don't get me wrong, he won't have it as easy here due to the league strength and that he's coaching a much inferior side in city as opposed to barcelona and bayern. however, he absolutely is not overrated.

We'll have to agree to disagree, has a lot to prove for me

Couple of things.

Firstly doesn't Jose look good? He looks about 10 years younger. His choice of black suit and tie gave a great gravity to his unveiling as United manager. It'll be interesting to see if he returns to being a suited and booted manager; not a track suited coach.

He said he just wants to forget the lsst 3 years. He seems to be saying that returning to Chelsea was a mistake, never mind the title win. I'm disappointed by that but none of us knows what was really going on behind the scenes at the Bridge. Maybe it just didn't click and was too much like hard work.

No doubt it'll all come out in the next Mourinho autobiography

Edited by carrickblue

Quick question for everyone...

What tier is Mourinho in for legacy status?

Obviously Tier 1 is the likes of Lamps, JT, Ozzy, Didier, Petr, RDM and Zola.

Would you add him to that list or put him the one below? It's the one below for me with the likes of Cole, Desailly, Gullit!

Jose is in that tier, Petr isn't.