Following Our Nearest & Dearest Rivals, 2016/2017

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Feels about the right time to start up the nearest and dearest thread for the upcoming season.

I'll start of with the news of Spurs signing Wanyama for £11m

Considering Southampton bought him for £12.5m I think they've got themselves a bit of a bargain there.

Feels about the right time to start up the nearest and dearest thread for the upcoming season.

I'll start of with the news of Spurs signing Wanyama for £11m

Considering Southampton bought him for £12.5m I think they've got themselves a bit of a bargain there.

I keep thinking Wanyama is a Japanese, for some reason.

Southampton a sinking ship?

We thought that before Koeman took charge and they were losing some of their best players.

I think they'll be okay, although a cheeky bid for Charlie Austin wouldn't be the worst idea.

Yes, I know, but I suspect Southampton may not overcome such a drain a second time. Oh well, who knows... it may depend who'll be their next manager.

Leo Messi retires from international football after throwing a wobbler because he missed a penalty in the final.

Maybe I'm harsh in this era, but that's an act of cowardice.

I'd have far more respect for him if he had the will and determination to preserve and seek redemption despite the recent shortcomings he's experienced with the national team.

The cynic in me thinks he'll still play for Argentina after some begging from the Argentinian fraternity.

Edited by Jezz

Leo Messi retires from international football after throwing a wobbler because he missed a penalty in the final.

I doubt those 2 things are related. He's in his early 30s, getting lumps kicked out of him on a regular basis, international travel takes a lot of energy, plus those stories about a corrupt AFA may have more to do with it.

I doubt those 2 things are related. He's in his early 30s, getting lumps kicked out of him on a regular basis, international travel takes a lot of energy, plus those stories about a corrupt AFA may have more to do with it.

He's 29 I believe and there's a world cup in a couple summers time.

My tongue was firmly planted in my cheek when I wrote that original post though.

Guest Sindre

Mkhitaryan to ManUtd for 26 million. Great purchase at that price, wonder if we were even interested. Zlatan signing imminent for them aswell apparantly.

Strange from Messi.

I'd have thought the chance of a last shot at the big one (World Cup) would be his swansong. It's not like he's had bad injury problems in the past likely to take years off him.

Good news for Barca though