Michy Batshuayi to Chelsea

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

46 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I'm not sure why we hang on to players instead of selling them. 

Zouma, Bakayoko and Michy should all be off the books already but instead they're just farmed out on loans. 

I imagine it’s a combination of regularly changing managers, which makes it hard to predict who will be in favour at any given time, and a lack of teams willing to buy the players at anything close to what we spent on them. And with Batshuayi especially, there’s always been a possibility that he might develop into a useful first team player at some point.

2 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I'm not sure why we hang on to players instead of selling them. 

Zouma, Bakayoko and Michy should all be off the books already but instead they're just farmed out on loans. 

My take --

Zouma - second year of a 6 year contract. 2nd year playing healthy. A step up in club from last year. His value should only increase, and if he regains his pre-injury trajectory, he's a first team CB. 

Bakayoko - needed a year to rehabilitate his value. Selling him this season would have been about a 30M loss. Now, Chelsea should get virtually a full return on the 40 they spent on him. A very, very good loan.

Michy - Maybe the offer didn't come in. His value should have been at its highest when he was leaving Dortmund when he was pouring in goals for fun. But he was injured at the end of the season and didn't contribute as much to the World Cup. Would have been nice to have seen him at Chelsea this year. "Not a Sarri type of player", OK, well, I'm not sure we have one of those up front at Chelsea right now. this one I agree with. Probably should have been sold in the summer. He's 25 now though.. young goal scorers are still usually an appreciating asset 

It's the Matt Miazga's of the world on continuous loan that don't make any sense to me. That said, as a US National, I'd rather see him getting the games that he's gotten while on Chelsea loan, than playing in the MLS. In that regard, I'm glad for Matt... but it's a waste of time and effort for Chelsea. Can't see them getting much more than they paid for him when they do finally sell him.

• 4 weeks later...

39 minutes ago, brownindian said:

Rumors that Crystal Palace are now in for him. I hope they do succeed in getting him on loan. Might help us in the future if we want to get Zaha.

Zaha; this is a joke right?

As for Batshuayi, we need to stop this never ending loan cycle. Just sell him & get him off the books if the manager doesn’t want him.

6 minutes ago, ducavis said:

Zaha; this is a joke right?

As for Batshuayi, we need to stop this never ending loan cycle. Just sell him & get him off the books if the manager doesn’t want him.

They could pony up £30m for benteke, and £25m for sakho, so we should be getting them to pay up if they want him. 

3 minutes ago, robdog said:

:huh2:

why? dude has played in 4 league matches & zero goals - might as well stay w/ Morata with those stats 

lost in translation across the Atlantic mate. 

I meant they could muster up enough money to buy benteke, so they should be able to afford Batshuayi on permanent transfer, rather than a loan deal.

5 minutes ago, robdog said:

:huh2:

why? dude has played in 4 league matches & zero goals - might as well stay w/ Morata with those stats 

They = Crystal Palace

If they could spend that on those guys, they can pony up for Batahuayi. 

Michy may be the best finisher we have on the books right now. He'll never play for Sarri, but I sure would like to see him get a chance with CHO whipping in crosses like he did today. 

3 minutes ago, big blue said:

lost in translation across the Atlantic mate. 

I meant they could muster up enough money to buy benteke, so they should be able to afford Batshuayi on permanent transfer, rather than a loan deal.

Yeah I thought you were suggesting we should put a bid for Benteke. With his current stats, I wouldn't touch him w/ a 10 foot pole.

1 minute ago, Skinnedy said:

They = Crystal Palace

Michy may be the best finisher we have on the books right now. He'll never play for Sarri, but I sure would like to see him get a chance with CHO whipping in crosses like he did today. 

I remember his last couple of matches w/ CFC, he was balling. I remember one goal should have been nominated for Goal of the Season

42 minutes ago, Skinnedy said:

They = Crystal Palace

Why wont he play for Sarri? Seems like the closest thing we have to Higuain and Sarri loved him. 

13 minutes ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

Why wont he play for Sarri? Seems like the closest thing we have to Higuain and Sarri loved him. 

Sarri was asked last week about Abraham and Michy.. on Michy he said something like "the board knows my feelings, I'm looking for different characteristics"... they can bring him back, but Sarri ain't gonna play him. 

14 minutes ago, Skinnedy said:

Sarri was asked last week about Abraham and Michy.. on Michy he said something like "the board knows my feelings, I'm looking for different characteristics"... they can bring him back, but Sarri ain't gonna play him. 

I didnt see that quote. However you could interpret that as, 'I like different characteristics so let's bring Michy back.' depending on the question being asked. 

7 minutes ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

I didnt see that quote. However you could interpret that as, 'I like different characteristics so let's bring Michy back.' depending on the question being asked. 

They were asking him about bringing him back. His response was pretty clear. 

6 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

I don't understand why the last few managers just gave up on Michy 

It seems that at BVB, Michy was truly appreciated. Not sure why he hasn't been treated with such regards at Chelsea. I believe it has something to do with his training habits.

5 minutes ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

You got a link? I'm pretty surprised Sarri is not at all impressed with Michy 

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/fixtures-results/chelsea-tammy-abraham-batshuayi-sarri-15617817

Valencia was a terrible spot for him. They had two other strikers there already. I love watching him play.

I've watched a lot of AC Milan's games the past 2 months too.. bakayoko looks so comfortable as a CDM. They love him there.

the good news is we should get most of our money back on Bats and Bakayoko for reinvestment. 

8 minutes ago, robdog said:

It seems that at BVB, Michy was truly appreciated. Not sure why he hasn't been treated with such regards at Chelsea. I believe it has something to do with his training habits.

Conte wanted a hold up target man. Sarri wants link up play.

I just want someone to score some friggin' goals. 

Bats is a poacher. He's a brilliant finisher, but not great at bringing others into play. 

28 minutes ago, robdog said:

Or his complete inability to add anything to the team outside the 6 yard box

26 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

Or his complete inability to add anything to the team outside the 6 yard box

That's a bit exaggerated to say the least, Hazard got along with him pretty well, what exactly is Morata doing outside of the 6 yard box other than missing open goals? 

2 hours ago, Gol15 said:

That's a bit exaggerated to say the least, Hazard got along with him pretty well, what exactly is Morata doing outside of the 6 yard box other than missing open goals? 

Falling over? Wasn't an either or. Michy just can't link the play well enough to be the main man. Really that's all there is to the story.