Michy Batshuayi to Chelsea

The last few games including today has probably done him enough to earn his place in the squad next season. Really happy that let's face it after a tough season for him, he has finished on a really good not. 4 goals in his last 3 games and scored the one that won us the title. Well done Bats!

This may sound crazy to some, but i would start him ahead of Costa in the F.A Cup final. 4 goals in 3 and playing better than Costa. Costa hasn't had his head screwed on for months now. He's working better with the flair players around him, Costa is slowing it down too much.

No crazy I would too especially against that arsenal defence

He's taken his chances very well against weak PL opposition.

I think he will thrive in a lesser PL side which doesn't expect much from its striker beyond poaching goals - his speed and runs behind the defence would make him a real threat to any high defensive line.  

• 2 weeks later...

We are rumoured to be negotiating a loan deal for him to join Monaco.

Sounds a bit crazy and makes zero sense. We bought him for big money from Ligue 1 & after a season we have decided he is not just ready, and we are now loaning him back to Ligue 1 to play a backup role.

Why not just sell him to a West Ham who are desperate for a forward & were linked to him in Jan? Off my head Stoke/West Ham/ West Brom/ Burnley are teams were he will be guaranteed starts if he goes on loan to a PL team.

I just can't see a way back for him if Costa stays & signs a new contract, and we sign another big forward.

11 hours ago, Blue_candy said:

Could be a beast in the making..hes still young.

I am not singling you out. But.

Lukaku - 13th May 1993

Michy - 2nd October 1993

A difference of less than 5 months. 

Yet, people believe (rightly so) Michy has the "potential" to be a great striker, yet ridicule Lukaku at every given oppurtunity (I dont know where you stand on Lukaku and this post is not directed at you, but at the general sentiment of the forum).

The minimum people can do is not be massively hypocritical while judging players. 

22 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

I'm a fan of his, he's got the goal scoring touch. He performed well in pretty much every game he started for us. I think he's a better all round footballer than Costa personally. I would hate it if he went out on loan or get's sold. 

In a pure statistical sense* not only does he currently rank higher than Diego (who scores 173) but also Icardi (157), Lukaku (196), and Benzema (176). CFs (used for comparison) who score higher than Batshuayi (202)... Morata (241), Kane (243), Lacazette (258), Lewandowski (240), Mbappe (250), Ibra (254), and Belotti (216).

* http://www.football-observatory.com/-Ratings-eng-?code=64278

Make of that what you will?

Edited by the special one
18 minutes ago, didierforever said:

Seems more and more likely that we will go 3-5-2.

Would suit cesc-matic a lot too. Plus most of our up-coming youth players are CMs (baker/Chalobah/RLC).

Only issue is, can hazard play as a second striker?

Course. A lot his goals have been with him literally sitting off Costa. In a 3-5-2 would be no different. He would be like a SS. Would suit him as not having to do too much defensive work.

2 hours ago, didierforever said:

Seems more and more likely that we will go 3-5-2.

Would suit cesc-matic a lot too. Plus most of our up-coming youth players are CMs (baker/Chalobah/RLC).

Only issue is, can hazard play as a second striker?

Coud Hazard not play in behind the two strikers? I remember reading many times him saying that's his favourite position anyway.

It wouldn't change too much either as we'd still have the 3CB's, wing backs and 2CM's behind him as we did most of last season too.

1 hour ago, STATS said:

Course. A lot his goals have been with him literally sitting off Costa. In a 3-5-2 would be no different. He would be like a SS. Would suit him as not having to do too much defensive work.

While that is true, i think Hazard himself favours the left, so that he can cut in and shoot. I dont remember him being half as effective from the right. 

Also, what happens to pedro/willian in this case?