JMaher94

Michy Batshuayi to Chelsea

8 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

Now Fenerbahce and West Ham are looking to sign Bats, according to telegraph he is likely to leave.

Are we really going to sell all of the strikers before buying any? :huh2:

We did play good football with Hazard, Willian and Pedro up top together....

Fabregas could return to being a deadly False 9. 

Zouma is basically as good as Ibra in the air, perfect target man there. 

All those people saying you could win anything with 11 Kantes, will finally get their wish and see him leading the line....

So we lost Lukaku, Costa is probably leaving and now we're looking for a new target. I'd say we have to keep Michy and give him the chance he had in the last games. More games, more experience for him and maybe he will become a great striker for us. 

He's motivated, hungry and wants to prove himself. Maybe few here would disagree, but I still think we have to start with him the season as our main striker.

Give him a chance, he can't become a 30 goal a season striker with 10 minutes off the bench every other week.

It's clear we are trying not to play the money game at present which is why we aren't throwing money at the Lukaku issue and despite rumours there has been no evidence of bids for Morata or Belloti, so why not give Batshuyai his chance and buy in somebody like Javier Hernandez to support him? Simply throwing money at a situation isn't always the answer. We have a great academy it's about time we proved it was there for a reason. Spurs got Kane from theirs, let's show them up by using Abraham (next season unfortunately) and others.

Im in for giving a chance to youth and player like Michy, but the board should lower their expectation on the manager.
So far no manager want to risk with youth, cause he know if he didn`t won something he will be SACKED FOR SURE.
The borad is idi*** they want titles, but don`t want to spend big. They want to integrate young player to the team, but they don`t give the manager needed time for that, and in first bad result they just SACK HIM.

Then how we expect a good manager to even try to put young lads to the first team, when he knows if he have bad result he will be sacked. And playing young especially in PL is a risk, cause in every game you need to give 110% to win it.

4 minutes ago, brakeit said:

Im in for giving a chance to youth and player like Michy, but the board should lower their expectation on the manager.
So far no manager want to risk with youth, cause he know if he didn`t won something he will be SACKED FOR SURE.
The borad is idi*** they want titles, but don`t want to spend big. They want to integrate young player to the team, but they don`t give the manager needed time for that, and in first bad result they just SACK HIM.

Then how we expect a good manager to even try to put young lads to the first team, when he knows if he have bad result he will be sacked. And playing young especially in PL is a risk, cause in every game you need to give 110% to win it.

Precisely.  If the board wants young players from the academy to be played in first team matches regularly and save money, then they should bloody well set their expectations right to something like what Tottenham and Arsenal's boards do i.e.at the fringes of a top 4 place and treating a cup win as a bonus.  

However, this may not be Conte's intention as he is an ambitious manager hence if expectations are lowered, he won't be the right fit for the manager role.  

In short, back Conte with big money transfers or lower expectations, Conte moves on and hire Sean Dyche. 

Absolutely. Conte is in his peak and i`m pretty sure when he choice us, board lure him with big money spending, cause right there we wasn`t a good destination for anyone, we was not even in the CL.

We was ten in the league, and almost no one would want to lead us.

Conte said it after Arsenal lose at the final, that our team is small, we did something unique by winning the title with this team and we need big improvement in qualities and also in the number for the squad.

That was obvious statement to the board. And what this incompetent board did ?
3 straight years they could not get a single first choice player that manager want.

Conte is in his peak and will want to win big trophy now, he will want strong team not only for PL, but for CL as well. I`m sure he very much want to win CL.

And with this team that is impossible and he knows it.

And i`m very, very angry that Conte did so well in his first season with the team that was ten last year and did not spend some crazy money. He was superb and the board should have supported him 100% and give him WHAT the f*** he wants.

So far the board did nothing for Conte.
I`m pissed cause obviously Mournhi and Guardiola failed hard, but the board of their team support them 100% and give them crazy amount of money to spend and show them they believe in them and support them.

And Conte who deserve it most, did not get any f**** support from our i****** board.

Tell me how in the blue world to not be mad at this ? Is that fair ?

Edited by brakeit

12 minutes ago, big blue said:

I think Batshuayi could really flourish this season. He has all the tools to be a success here, hopefully conte will appreciate his attitude last season when he was being over looked, and he gets more opportunities this season. 

Maybe we don't need a striker to replace Costa, maybe we need a striker to play back up to Batshuayi.

I have never understood why a player that had a good rating in his last season in french football, banged in all those goals, came to us for over £30M has never been given more of a chance than he has. I have always felt this was due to Costa who would have caused a storm if he wasn't getting played (even when he wasn't delivering). If Costa is now out of the equation my first instinct would be getting Bats to lead the line(Let's face it he always has a goal in him, some may say it was only against inferior opposition but those were the games he got given so until he plays the superior opposition and doesn't perform we can't flog him with that stick) and bring in a more experienced striker to support him. Not an £outrageousM striker but the type we may class as 2nd tier but with the experience to still deliver. That's just my take on the striker situation. Loads would say we can't go into the season without a notable striker but i disagree. We all said, and that's WE, Chelsea fans were very vocal in adding their voices to the widespread condemnation of the additions we made in Luiz and Alonso but history has it they are 16/17 premier league champions.

A few goals against Fulham in a friendly kick about doesn't change the fact we need a top striker to come in.

We want to win trophies and get far in the CL. Michy is a talented boy but he doesn't have the experience or game time last year to suggest he can deliver that. 

I like him and hope he plays a part next season but I'm not going to pretend he is the answer.

I won't lie.  If we cannot get Morata or Belloti...I'd want him at striker next year.  I think he has earned his chance based on his cameo appearances.  Costa has been a good servant but his head is ALWAYS somewhere else.  Michy is like the youngest child, always doing his best to impress, but never getting the recognition. 

Just probably because it`s not Conte choice. And Conte punish our board, byt not playing him much, and show them that if they bring players, he won`t use them and to not mess into his work.

Conte even decide to play false number 9, then give Michy big chance to shine, that`s should tell you enough how he rate him.

Edited by brakeit

2 hours ago, Chelsbear said:

A few goals against Fulham in a friendly kick about doesn't change the fact we need a top striker to come in.

We want to win trophies and get far in the CL. Michy is a talented boy but he doesn't have the experience or game time last year to suggest he can deliver that. 

I like him and hope he plays a part next season but I'm not going to pretend he is the answer.

Who's the answer, Chelsbear?

Who's left?

5 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Maybe we don't need a striker to replace Costa, maybe we need a striker to play back up to Batshuayi.

You ever wondered why when a man was taken out to be hung or face the firing squad they just quietly take it, no kicking or screaming or pleading for their lives, it's because humans have a coping mechanism where they just accept a thing after the initial shock is gone, it sinks in they accept the unacceptable, thats what is happening here, we have been sentenced to the prospect of bats leading the line, , we had a whinge now we are accepting it, eventually we may even become comfortable with it, if you told us that end of last season we would have flipped out 

I personally disagree strongly with people who all they say is bring in top striker that will lead line,splurge on the so called top striker without any qualms. How did that top striker become a top striker. They went from prospect to top because they got given a chance. Without striker we can't win anything they say. Real Madrid with all their top players kept getting knocked out of champions league for 6 consecutive seasons in the second round or so until Jose went in and changed the mentality. I know we all want it to be easy but real life football works a lot differently than your fifa or football manager games.

Edited by abister1