JMaher94

Michy Batshuayi to Chelsea

13 hours ago, venom2011 said:

Think about Didi when he arrived. Imagine he arrived right now or with Costa at the club - he would probably have been in a similar position to Batshuayi. The best place for these guys to develop is either somewhere without big competition for places or where the team is not expected to challenge for titles.

If Batshuayi develops into a great pure goalscorer - that's fine, and it does have a place in modern football. But he still has to improve his movement, touch and decision-making to get there.

errr no . Drogba was head and shoulders a better footballer with a significantly better attitude and work ethic than Batshuayi currently has ....you are right he is lacking so much you cant compare the two players who are miles apart on so many levels . until someone tells him you are not as good as your twitter account thinks you are he will not improve  

errr no . Drogba was head and shoulders a better footballer with a significantly better attitude and work ethic than Batshuayi currently has ....you are right he is lacking so much you cant compare the two players who are miles apart on so many levels . until someone tells him you are not as good as your twitter account thinks you are he will not improve  
The Drogba that arrived at the club was in no way head and shoulders above Batshuayi. And I honestly don't know how you can criticise his attitude and work ethic...

30 minutes ago, venom2011 said:
1 hour ago, Tea Bar Boy said:

The Drogba that arrived at the club was in no way head and shoulders above Batshuayi. And I honestly don't know how you can criticise his attitude and work ethic...

in my opinion he was , despite losing Drogba for 2 months he brought more to the team in the 41 game he played than I have seen from Batshuayi  , and to me Batshuayi attitude stinks his movement and positional play is laughable , lacks a killer instinct in front of goal and fails to challenge or even worry a defender, I doubt many central defenders lose any sleep knowing they are playing against him the next day.

Edited by Tea Bar Boy

1 hour ago, Tea Bar Boy said:

in my opinion he was , despite losing Drogba for 2 months he brought more to the team in the 41 game he played than I have seen from Batshuayi  , and to me Batshuayi attitude stinks his movement and positional play is laughable , lacks a killer instinct in front of goal and fails to challenge or even worry a defender, I doubt many central defenders lose any sleep knowing they are playing against him the next day.

The one thing i don't think is true about Batshuayi is not having a killer instinct in front of goal. I think he is somebody you could trust to stick the ball in the net if he got the chance.

6 hours ago, Tea Bar Boy said:

The only thing that Michy has is the killer instinct in front of goal.... 

24 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Michy has done far more this January than Morata. Should be keeping him and giving him a run in the team. Replacing him with Giroud would just be bizarre. Bring back Emanalo. 

I just hope we’ll see straight away why Giroud has replaced Bats. Hopefully he will turn out to be a great team player for us, to be fair I do like his little fancy flicks and passes. Could work well with Hazard

I know I’ve changed my tune but I’ve resigned to accepting whatever happens now.

Not many strikers in world football who have a better strike rate per minutes played than Michy. Isn't that what it is all about at the end of the day ?

Our strikers, despite only one of them playing at a time, have 22 goals so far this season. Not Kane level, but pretty good nonetheless.

A bit of faith in both of them would go a long way to improving other facets of their game. Thus far only Hazard seems to be on side on that one ...

Am I the only one who thinks it's crazy to get rid of Batshuayi?  "He doesn't feature in the managers plans".. Who cares, we change managers every season so continuity doesn't exactly feature high on whether we should keep a player or not.  He is a striker and he scores goals.  Can't ask for much more than that.   

I wouldn't say it's crazy at all. He's a bit part player who comes on and knocks a few tap ins in here and there but contributes nothing else. Very average first touch. This is how bad things are in the striker department at Chelsea at the minute. Bring Giroud in! 

Am I the only one who thinks it's crazy to get rid of Batshuayi?  "He doesn't feature in the managers plans".. Who cares, we change managers every season so continuity doesn't exactly feature high on whether we should keep a player or not.  He is a striker and he scores goals.  Can't ask for much more than that.   
I wouldn't get rid of him at all

3 hours ago, Pendergast said:

Keep Michy and send Morata on loan. 

Don't be so pathetic, keep them both and let them share the load, let's see who can progress, makes sense to keep both playing, decide in May what to do then.

2 hours ago, linesy91 said:

Sadly that's the issue, Conte will chase big lumps, the next manager we get will not want these big lumps in our team, they'll want to get fast strikers. Then we realise that we already sold our fast striker because our old manager didn't rate them.

We either back the manager or don't, always the issue with this club. 

On January 29, 2018 at 12:03, venom2011 said:

Think about Didi when he arrived. Imagine he arrived right now or with Costa at the club - he would probably have been in a similar position to Batshuayi. The best place for these guys to develop is either somewhere without big competition for places or where the team is not expected to challenge for titles.

If Batshuayi develops into a great pure goalscorer - that's fine, and it does have a place in modern football. But he still has to improve his movement, touch and decision-making to get there.

Not even close, Drogba was inconsistent in his first two season's but his ability was obvious. Bats was summed up in a nutshell on Sunday, stick him 1 on 1 he'll tuck it away, but beyond that were as good as down to 10.