Michy Batshuayi to Chelsea

On 3/23/2018 at 20:42, Ernie_blue said:

What the hell happened to Baka then? Look like a Sunday league player if your lucky but I know what, I'll keep playing you.

Well, you could say Baka is another example.

If he went on to another club next season and played well we certainly couldn't berate the board for it. He's had far too many chances and not delivered.

And not just that he's cost us so many points and now we are outside the top 4 in April with no trophy. All for giving a player who we spunked 40 million on continuous chances. I'm speaking more hypothetically of course, it would be unfair to completely blame Baka for this season but that gap in midfield is definitely to blame for a lot of it. 

However, I'm still on your side in this debate, I think Batsuayi has a future here if Conte goes. He's got a lot of talent, let him go to Dortmund for 3-4 years and watch a big club snap him up for big bucks, it's almost inevitable that it'll happen. He's clinical and causes defenders problems, but the Premier League was tricky for him physically. But you just now that if he played under Jurgen Klopp I would bet my house that he would score 20 odd goals a season. 

Edited by Slojo

5 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Are these Morata's strengths? He's missed most of his 1v1's this season so i don't see how 'finishing' should be in there. Shows how daft half these websites are. Madrid fans always said he needed several chances to score when he was there.

If i remember correctly he did well in pre-season and smashed a few past Arsenal. He started against Burnley but Cahill ruined that game from the get go with his absolute head loss. After that he didn't start another game until Qarabag? and Forest, where he scored a goal and a hat trick. Then pretty much just got cameos until he was shipped out. Everyone knows how much confidence affects a player and only being allowed to start 4 games a year is obviously going to hammer his. If Batshuayi had been given multiple extended runs in the team (like Baka) i could understand people writing him off but he hasn't. The anomaly in his career is Chelsea, he scores bags of goals everywhere he goes. Hopefully our manager next season will give him a fair chance and we won't be stuck watching Morata slice a simple 1v1 wide and have a proper finisher on the pitch.

I actually agree they got the assessment on Morata wrong, but they couldn't be more correct re Bats.

He was dreadful in pre season post the Arsenal game then an absolute joke in the community shield. Ten men or not he was even worse vs Burnley, MOTD did an analysis on how Bats made it easy for the Burnley defense and the huge difference once Morata was brung on. My main problem with him is he doesn't even get the basics right in general play, Morata even when he's total sh*te still makes movements and draws defenders which in turn leaves gaps for Hazard and co to exploit, Bats just stands there with no basic tactical awareness and fails to keep defenders honest which in turn means opposition stay in an organized shape making it more difficult for the players behind him to do anything. With him up front we basically play with ten men and some random guy up front hoping for a tap in.

As for the confidence thing, i can accept him or other players in similar situations being a bit rusty but at the very least still gets the bare basics right (take for example Samuel Eto'o for his first few months here or Filipe Luis in 14/15) what i can't and will never accept is a player barely resembling a proffesional footballer and failing to perform tactical duties that should go without saying, regardless of how many minutes they get.

The fact he's a decent finisher gets him out of jail because if he wasn't then he i would consider him one of the worst players to put on our shirt in the modern era, if i had to put up with him week in week out even that probably Wouldn't have been enough to save him.

3 hours ago, dan_cfc said:

No one ever doubted his finishing ability in and around the 6 yard box he is great. His hold up play and bringing others into play has and still is very poor.

Why not play to his strengths like Dortmund do ?

I belive he'll excel for us  next season if we managed to get Tuchel or Jardim as our managers 

Edited by DG19

Even if a player plays every match but he does not retain the support or confidence of the manager and maybe fans, he will never perform to same capabilities as if he retained said support.

Does anyone here think Bats was ignorant to the fact he wasnt fancied?

I don't blame a manager for having his preferences but what I can't stand is when they complain of the same situation that has a possible solution they refuse to explore.

You hear of or see players having a barren run for several games, nearly a season or more. Cases in point our own Torres and Saido who was heavily linked to spurs and has now not experienced the feeling of scoring a goal in nearly 2 years.

What was Bats longest goal drought? He didn't score every game but it was always a fair chance that he would score goals in games as he had the natural goal scorer ability. 

Like someone rightly said the other day I think it was @slojo, given the same number of games in a season as Morata he would probably outsore the spaniard. The quality of goals or importance to the team's cause is up for debate but the odds he would score more would favor Bats. 

1 minute ago, RIP Mourinho said:

You're right, Dortmund are likely to be playing in the Champions league next season. We won't. 

Congratulations to BVB. Maybe Batshuayi can help them get past the group stage. Check out BVB ticket prices, maybe then you could watch your boy in action in the Champions League. 

3 minutes ago, Famous CFC said:

Congratulations to BVB. Maybe Batshuayi can help them get past the group stage. Check out BVB ticket prices, maybe then you could watch your boy in action in the Champions League. 

ticket prices aren't the issue, the flight from England to Germany would make it difficult for each match. I'll stick to watching him on tele. If only i was a foreign fan like yourself and could watch more European matches live. 

1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

ticket prices aren't the issue, the flight from England to Germany would make it difficult for each match. I'll stick to watching him on tele. If only i was a foreign fan like yourself and could watch more European matches live. 

You could fly to Dortmund for as little as £24 on some airways. Make that dream come true and watch your man in his BVB colours taking on the best Europe has to offer. If you told him you were the famous RIP Mourinho from the Shed End Forum he might pose for a photo with you. Sounds good to me. Plus, you get to visit the beautiful city of Dortmund. 

14 minutes ago, Famous CFC said:

You could fly to Dortmund for as little as £24 on some airways. Make that dream come true and watch your man in his BVB colours taking on the best Europe has to offer. If you told him you were the famous RIP Mourinho from the Shed End Forum he might pose for a photo with you. Sounds good to me. Plus, you get to visit the beautiful city of Dortmund. 

No chance of getting returns that cheap all the time. Especially to get there and back in a day so as not to use too many holidays at work. I'll just wait for Michy to come back to Chelsea next year and see him smash it then. I'll settle for Europa League for a year and watch Michy take on Europe's best the following year after he gets us back to out best.

5 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

No chance of getting returns that cheap all the time. Especially to get there and back in a day so as not to use too many holidays at work. I'll just wait for Michy to come back to Chelsea next year and see him smash it then. I'll settle for Europa League for a year and watch Michy take on Europe's best the following year after he gets us back to out best.

We can all dream. 

4 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

There's more chance of Torres coming back and unleashing his 2008 self.

6 hours ago, Famous CFC said:

Might help if Bats helps BVB get past RB Salzburg in the Europa League before thinking about the Champions League. :Troll_Face:

4 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

We'll see where Michy is in three years time. I'm sure there will be a lot of different comments on this thread then. Ala KdB, Salah, Lukaku etc.

Pretty sure most fans didn't want Lukaku back for similar reasons they weren't arsed about Michy going.