Michy Batshuayi to Chelsea

JMaher94

Holy crap we are gona rely on Morata??

Id rather see this if Michy is gone:

Hazard - CHO - Pedro

Hazard - Pedro - Willian

This will work when the ball is played on the ground our 3 midgets can make movements off the ball and pass it around. CHO can play as well. Morata has no spine. 

Insigne - Mertens - Callejon had similar profiles for Napoli. It can work. 

Edited by zes

Absence makes the heart grow fonder.....

...but our memories deteriorate.

As I have said on previously, in my opinion, it is an unfortunate truth that Michy has done very little whilst playing for Chelsea to suggest that he is ready to lead the line for us.

He has looked limited in his passing, control, runs, spacial awareness and tactical pressing. All things that are key in sarris system.

His finishing is up there with our best. The rest  of his game isn't.

He was dire for us for most of his time at chelsea, and while he has since had a semi successful loan in Germany, it was not successful enough to pursued Dortmund to make a move to sign him, instead (if the press is accurate) turning their attention at one point to morata.

He might still come good and develop into the player that we would all love him to be. History has shown however  that this is probably wishful thinking.

For me, at this time he is nowhere near as good as morata or giroud and certainly has not evolved his game enough to be our number 1 striker. 

Good decision for all parties to loan him, and best for him as this way he will (hopefully) get to play and develop. 

Edited by nonotnowjim

surprised it wasn't Tammy that went out on loan, think the homegrown quota is coming into play here & the club would never admit defeat

w Morata just yet,  hes a 60 mil buy from RM so he aint going to Valencia on loan

cant see the boy doing a Moses and making it at CFC now sadly as hes a character with imo potential to come good as a striker

one thing is certain cant win the league without a 20 goal + a season goalscorer

Read  into it what you will, but the club website has had several updates in the Team section today, and the forwards are now listed as Morata, Giroud and Loftus-Cheek (!!!). Tammy not shown ...

Loftus-Cheek shown as #14, which suggests that Baka is definitely going out on loan, or being sold (phew!)

Edited by Sexyfootball

17 minutes ago, nonotnowjim said:

Absence makes the heart grow fonder.....

...but our memories deteriorate.

As I have said on previously, in my opinion, it is an unfortunate truth that Michy has done very little whilst playing for Chelsea to suggest that he is ready to lead the line for us.

He has looked limited in his passing, control, runs, spacial awareness and tactical pressing. All things that are key in sarris system.

His finishing is up there with our best. The rest  of his game isn't.

He was dire for us for most of his time at chelsea, and while he has since had a semi successful loan in Germany, it was not successful enough to pursued Dortmund to make a move to sign him, instead (if the press is accurate) turning their attention at one point to morata.

He might still come good and develop into the player that we would all love him to be. History has shown however  that this is probably wishful thinking.

For me, at this time he is nowhere near as good as morata or giroud and certainly has not evolved his game enough to be our number 1 striker. 

Good decision for all parties to loan him, and best for him as this way he will (hopefully) get to play and develop. 

The fact he's going out on loan despite a respectable goal record and our need for goals says it all. Outside of finishing his all round game is awful.

1 hour ago, Sexyfootball said:

Read  into it what you will, but the club website has had several updates in the Team section today, and the forwards are now listed as Morata, Giroud and Loftus-Cheek (!!!). Tammy not shown ...

Loftus-Cheek shown as #14, which suggests that Baka is definitely going out on loan, or being sold (phew!)

Then that information is outdated. Chelsea just released the official numbers for players and RLC is on 12 with Bakayoko still showing 14.

Tammy as third choice, can see him being loaned in January, he’ll stick around for now, a championship loan would be pointless. Morata vs Giroud for top spot and I can see Giroud becoming number one, as he did last season, this is underwhelming to say the least. It’s a rash & silly decision to loan Michy out, without trying him in the system at all, bizarre, I hope Morata proves me wrong, nothing personal but I just don’t see it. As I said before, panic buy in Jan or we recall Michy in Jan, one or other I can see happening, just hope to God Morata proves me wrong. 

Edited by Floyd25

1 hour ago, dansubrosa said:

If Conte and Sarri decided he’s not good enough, then maybe he really ain’t all that?

I would have liked him to stay but Conte and Sarri must see something no one else can.

Maybe he is just a terrible footballer, but a great goal scorer.

That cant be because some randoms on the internet stated otherwise. 

10 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

If Conte and Sarri decided he’s not good enough, then maybe he really ain’t all that?

I would have liked him to stay but Conte and Sarri must see something no one else can.

Maybe he is just a terrible footballer, but a great goal scorer.

You mean like Jimmy Floyd Hasslebaink?

4 hours ago, Gol15 said:

At least it's a Chelsea player that will play in the Champions League this season, for the next one well I'm pretty sure Giroud will be gone so there should be a place for Michy at the Bridge for 2019/20.

Will he want to come back though with how we've treated him? I imagine he'll push for a move next summer.

I pleased to see the club is finally seeing and moving on those players clearly lacking the required technical ability. It's not difficult to spot, so one wonders why we ever signed the likes of Bats and Bakayoko???