Michy Batshuayi to Chelsea

JMaher94

3 hours ago, big blue said:

I just think with batshuayi, he has played second fiddle for about 4 seasons, his contract is running down, and can see the club and him both seeing a sae as the best option. 

I think this is a make or break season for him at Chelsea.

With Lampard's guidance he might improve to the level where we want him to stay as a back up striker or we agree to sell.

We should get a more balanced view by Easter time for me.

13 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

I think this is a make or break season for him at Chelsea.

With Lampard's guidance he might improve to the level where we want him to stay as a back up striker or we agree to sell.

We should get a more balanced view by Easter time for me.

On this note I guess the worst thing that will happen is we put him in the shop window at the highest level. If he continues to grab goals as a sub, and assuming Tammy continues, his value will go up. No one would put him in ahead of Tammy on current form so 15-20 mins at the end of games grab a goal add 2 million to the price tag

16 hours ago, GhostOfDembaBa said:

I think Benteke got on in front of him the other day while he was left unused on the bench. 

If that isn't a kick in the teeth to any half-decent, self-respecting striker, I don't know what is. 

Then the Belgium head coach is foolish. 

He's got decent performances lately. Clearly a capable striker, especially for coming of the bench. But he is too hungry for goals. Not that is bad, Giroud is the opposite, which is not good for a substitute trying to change the course of the match, but I easily see him ignoring a mate on better position in order to try do it all by himself. This has been an issue during his first period too. A little bit more passing and he is going to be our Jesus/Origi. 

6 hours ago, Droopy said:

He's got decent performances lately. Clearly a capable striker, especially for coming of the bench. But he is too hungry for goals. Not that is bad, Giroud is the opposite, which is not good for a substitute trying to change the course of the match, but I easily see him ignoring a mate on better position in order to try do it all by himself. This has been an issue during his first period too. A little bit more passing and he is going to be our Jesus/Origi. 

I understand your point but isn’t a striker’s job to score goals? And you are right that as long as he keeps coming off the bench for us and making an impact, he will be ahead of Giroud. For all it’s worth he is also 2nd in the pecking order for Belgium behind Lukaku.

“[Batshuayi] doesn’t play enough at Chelsea. I think that’s a shame, even though he scores a lot with the national team. I hope he will play more, because we really need him … but then he has to play. Otherwise a solution must be found.”

-Roberto Martínez :steaming:

8 hours ago, mojo said:

“[Batshuayi] doesn’t play enough at Chelsea. I think that’s a shame, even though he scores a lot with the national team. I hope he will play more, because we really need him … but then he has to play. Otherwise a solution must be found.”

Honestly, international managers are so mouthy. Has he looked at Abraham’s performances? Bats has done well but you can’t replace a striker in the form that Tammy is in. Martinez has always been a tit but he should keep his nose out of chelsea business.

I wish they’d just get rid of international football and stop interrupting the season for 2 weeks at a time.

2 hours ago, Old Shaggy said:

I would love to see Tammy and Bats play upfront as a two. Doesn't make sense to sell Bats while he's doing a job for us. Goal scoring strikers seem to be in a minority in this day and age.

They tried that in preseason and both looked lost. Maybe in a system different to the one used then. 

12 hours ago, mojo said:

Considering Michy is back-up to Lukaku and won't be starting next year in the Euros but coming off the bench, maybe he should prefer a season where Michy is an impact sub. 

12 hours ago, mojo said:

Shock. He was saying Hazard should leave us for years. Blokes a c**t.

13 hours ago, mojo said:

If Khazakstan were in the premier league Michy would no doubt get a game Roberto gobsh*te.

14 hours ago, mojo said:

Abolish Belgium. There's your solution.