Most boring game ever

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

What is the most boring or otherwise most sh*t (and not in a funny way) game you've ever seen? I might just go on a self-masochistic marathon of watching them and seeing how far I can tolerate them before saying enough is enough.

I'm looking for games in which there was actually something on the line. For instance, I'm not interested in end of season games between two mid-table teams with nothing to play for where no one could care less.

People have said Croatia/Portugal in Euro 2016. I didn't watch it, but I can't imagine it being more boring than Sweden/Ireland.

I've also heard bad things about England/Algeria World Cup 2010 and Switzerland/Ukraine World Cup 2006.

Most simulator games. Try Euro Truck Simulator if you really want to waste your time.

Oh, and any game by Bethesda Game Studios :sofa:

I will find you and force feed you oblivion discs for a week.

West Germany v Austria 1982

Yes. Spent the whole game passing the ball around. And Algeria missed out on getting to the next round. After the W. Germany v Austria match FIFA changed the rules so that the last games in a group kicked-off at the same time.

Yes. Spent the whole game passing the ball around. And Algeria missed out on getting to the next round. After the W. Germany v Austria match FIFA changed the rules so that the last games in a group kicked-off at the same time.

Is this the one where they colluded for a 0-0 because that would let them both advance to the next round?

Is this the one where they colluded for a 0-0 because that would let them both advance to the next round?

A win by 1 or 2 goals for West Germany would see both teams qualify for the next round. West Germany scored after 10 minutes. The rest of the match was just a kick-about.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disgrace_of_Gij%C3%B3n

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/jun/13/1982-world-cup-algeria

Edited by Boyne

6 Oct 1984 - one of my early away games to Norwich, ended nil nil .... If it wasn't for taking the pee out of the locals I think I would past out with boredom...

King Kerry was our top scorer that season too ....  (I am not showing off with my Chelsea knowledge btw but this just happened to be the first season I went to most away games with my uncle and spent a lot of time on coaches checking out the stats and stuff)

The back pass rule didn't come in until 1992 so teams went 1 : 0 up then passed between the keeper and the defenders for an hour, (Liverpool were masters of it!); this match neither team bother going 1 : 0 up

It ended a great season though we finished 6th 

That was the most public match-fixing there's ever been, but to my knowledge no action was taken against either side. FIFA should have kicked both teams out.

That was the most public match-fixing there's ever been, but to my knowledge no action was taken against either side. FIFA should have kicked both teams out.

You're right, FIFA should have kicked them out. Like you I can't recall any action being taken against the teams. No wonder the Algerians were livid. Don't blame them. I read that they would have been the first African side to have qualified for the knock-out stage.

It should also be remembered, that this result threw the Germans into our mini group next round, we got eliminated despite being unbeaten in the tournament. West Germany went onto the final with the Schumacher incident being pivotal.Cheating gits. Thank god for the Italians.

Brazil though were by far away the most entertaining side that year.

It should also be remembered, that this result threw the Germans into our mini group next round, we got eliminated despite being unbeaten in the tournament. West Germany went onto the final with the Schumacher incident being pivotal.Cheating gits. Thank god for the Italians.

How Schumacher never got sent off is beyond belief. And the ref only gave a goal kick. Agree, Brazil was the most entertaining team. Some great players in the side. As for the Italians, led to one of the great goal scoring celebrations of all time.

Edited by Boyne

Juventus v Milan champions league final.Think it was about 2002 or something, i'm sure a quick google search will pull it up. Never been so bored in my life.

I thought this year's Champions League was painfully boring. If that one stands out in your mind 14 years later, it must have been insufferable.

I assume you mean West Germany? Did East Germany ever play?

I really prefer the South American football style. Brazil hasn't been so entertaining recently, but Chile are the new kings of South American football, and they're feisty and hungry, for lack of better descriptors. They almost seem reckless at time with their attack. Like they don't know what defending is, and they don't care. The major downside of South American football is that the faking is practically a competition in itself.