N'golo Kante - We are not worthy!

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Take it with a pinch of salt...I should add, no real credible sources. 

Breaking: 
N'Golo Kanté has agreement to leave@ChelseaFC in the summer. PSG & Real Madrid in talks. 
#CFC in advance talks with@LCFC regarding Wilfred Ndidi. The player also wishes to leave for new challenge.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] who makes up this stuff

19 hours ago, JM7 said:

Take it with a pinch of salt...I should add, no real credible sources. 

Breaking: 

N'Golo Kanté has agreement to leave @ChelseaFC in the summer. PSG & Real Madrid in talks. 

#CFC in advance talks with @LCFC regarding Wilfred Ndidi. The player also wishes to leave for new challenge.

🤣 There's not even anything on this on NewsNow LOL

The sole reason the guy should be sold is that he's played out of position these days and it looks like that's not gonna change anytime soon.I feel that,for his sake,he should move on.

If we can't play a guy in a position where he's gonna be a this best then cash in and find somebody else to play as rm.

2 hours ago, mm24 said:

The sole reason the guy should be sold is that he's played out of position these days and it looks like that's not gonna change anytime soon.I feel that,for his sake,he should move on.

If we can't play a guy in a position where he's gonna be a this best then cash in and find somebody else to play as rm.

He has always played this same position, it's called box-to-box midfielder. Our style has changed, we have a lot more possession and Kante has been running forward, pressing much more in comparison to Jorginho and Kovacic so he's mostly encouraged to play in this way.

56 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

He has always played this same position, it's called box-to-box midfielder. Our style has changed, we have a lot more possession and Kante has been running forward, pressing much more in comparison to Jorginho and Kovacic so he's mostly encouraged to play in this way.

The guy is better at sitting deeper.You don't see Jorginho dancing around oponnent's box much.Kante's pressing that far up just means that he's easily passed around and is in no position to help out our defence which is actually what he does best.Even in the instances where he wins the ball that far up he lacks vision and technique to distribute it very well which means that he's mostly useless there.It is as if you put Lampard with all his vision for the goal to play at center back lol So it's not really a surprise that we looked better this season with Kante out of the team.

And surely we wouldn't concede as much on the counter if Kante was staying a bit closer to our own goal rather than our oponnent's.

Edited by mm24

I'm struggling to see where Kante fits into all of this, Lampard’s system that is. 

Lampard is a big fan of him, always praises him and seems to think he is playing well this season, at least that's what he's telling the press that is. But I just have to disagree, I don't know where he fits into the side. At best I can only see him in the Ramires role under Mourinho who was only brought in for the big games to cover and tackle. Ideally, I'm sure Lampard wants the two-man midfield, but I've yet to see one good game with Jorginho-Kante together, I can't for the life of me ever see that working, so how do we go forward from here? Counting next season that is. Do we change things? Does Kante change? Or do we replace players?

1 hour ago, TheSocialShark said:

I'm wondering if Kanté has become later career Essien, his body too broken to be what he was. emoji3525.png

Well he does have a lot of problems with injuries this season.If it continues next season then probably yes haha

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, evissy said:

What a beautiful player N'Golo is. Can't wait to see Kante back.

I’m so torn on NGolo. If he’s healthy then he changes our team. Because when he’s healthy, he’s always in form.

I think that’s been the problem this year. He’s had nagging injuries, so he hasn’t played well. And a lot of people are linking that to the thought that he doesn’t fit in Franks system. I think he fits just fine.

I do think, that if the club foresees the injuries becoming a regular issue as he ages (can’t believe he’s 29 already) then it is definitely better to sell him one season too early rather than one season too late.

I never believe I'd say this, but it almost make sense to sell him because over the last 2 years the managers haven't found the best way to utilise him, and we have found other ways to play/win without him, If a foreign club comes in with 100M+, it's definitely worth the look into

I feel we have not seen our best formation or lineup for future seasons. If we are unable to utilise Kante something is wrong with us. We could be a force to recon with him at his best in the side. Put him at the bottom of the midfield with someone like Gilmour or Jorginho or Kovacic and we might start seeing results. I think Sarri started something Frank is now just continuing with. This means Kante's natural role. I know Kante CAN be a more advanced midfielder but he could also give time and space for others to roam around and do damage.

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

Kante is the first of our players to opt out of returning to training and appears likely to sit out the rest of the season due to his choice not to risk himself.

I fully support that for him and every one of our players. It is dumb imo to restart the season.

However if the Government and FA make it happen, then for me it would only be fair that any player making the choice to stay away be reduced significantly in salary. Just like any other job being paid to chose to not do that job it would be unfair to all the others exposing themselves for those who stay at home to still receive 100% of their pay.

2 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Kante is the first of our players to opt out of returning to training and appears likely to sit out the rest of the season due to his choice not to risk himself.

I fully support that for him and every one of our players. It is dumb imo to restart the season.

However if the Government and FA make it happen, then for me it would only be fair that any player making the choice to stay away be reduced significantly in salary. Just like any other job being paid to chose to not do that job it would be unfair to all the others exposing themselves for those who stay at home to still receive 100% of their pay.

He has awful family history too. Totally understand when you've got clowns breaking lockdown left right and centre. 

Our best midfielder in the post Frank era by streets. Back him 100% and glad the club are doing the same. 

Wouldn't be surprised if he was happy to take a pay cut too, he's just that nice a guy. 

• 4 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, TheSocialShark said:

There's an awful lot of talk of selling him. What's the feeling around here on such rumours?

I've been in favour of selling him for some time. He's 29, his game is based on his acceleration, he doesn't fit into our style of play. 

If we could get 80-100m for him then yeah. But I don't think we can get that money in this market.