Welcome N’Golo Kante

Just now, just said:

...... or being fully recovered and getting back to match sharpness after a period out injured.

He's coming upto 30, been having worrying injury's in recent years and his main attribute is his engine, as we found out the hard way with Essien that is a very delicate position.

Against bus parking sides the Jorgi/Kova has been proven to work, do we really need to run Kante into the ground for the those games when we can instead rest him and unleash a fresher version in games that best suit his skillset? Less is more.

Just now, Argo said:

He's coming upto 30, been having worrying injury's in recent years and his main attribute is his engine, as we found out the hard way with Essien that is a very delicate position.

Against bus parking sides the Jorgi/Kova has been proven to work, do we really need to run Kante into the ground for the those games when we can instead rest him and unleash a fresher version in games that best suit his skillset? Less is more.

I think it's all a moot point either way Argo. We could have Zidane and Messi in our squad but appears Tuchel likes rotation and that's what he is gonna do. It's all good now but it's a policy that would probably come under a bit more scrutiny if we started losing a few games.

2 hours ago, big blue said:

Didnt know he had been banned, shame tbh, I know he riled people up, but he kept it interesting, so fair play.

Aye he seemed a decent chap, did love his stats and a regular defender of Jorginho, which is second of the seven deadly sins according to Just (behind saying anything nice about David Luiz, obviously lol). Not sure what we missed, why he was reported and banned but the mods on here are very fair and rational people (expect Coco ;)) and do a great job running the site.

Still a pity, found him quite entertaining.

Far as Kante goes, first glimpse in a couple of years I think that we have seen him like his old self. Really, really good.

11 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

I was very wrong about him. I thought he wouldn’t work under Tuchel but damn some of the one touch passing was sublime! Never really saw Kante play like that before.

He played almost flawless ysterday but I just loved to see him bring James into play again and again and again..seemed rather simple on the surface but so effective and important.

Not often I am impressed by Kante going forward as I am by his cleanup/defensive game......but without sacrificing on the latter I think he really was best going forward yesterday.  Fantastic game from him, and didn't think he had passes in him like his assist to Mount.

I've noticed teams don't seem to press Kante as much as out other attacking/midfield players (as in dont view him as a threat needing closed down as much)  while in the attacking 3rd....wondering if that will change.  II suspect it will at this rate

3 hours ago, Slojo said:

I loved Essien, but Essien after 2010 just was like a different player. It was knee surgery wasn't it? Then he pulled up again the season after and that was that for his Chelsea career. 

Kante is probably the closest player we have resembling Essien though. 

Yeah his injuries and surgery caught up with him. Bit like Cech and the head injury. Still an amazing players but not quite as amazing.

Why is your name in black with a line through it by the way?

Edited by axman2526