N'golo Kante - We are not worthy!

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

11 minutes ago, LongtimerLurker said:

Luckily its only a minor injury, we need this man fit to stand a chance at winning the big one. Luckily we have seen Mount play well in the pivot meaning we have 5 midfielders for those 2 spots.

source?

At this stage of his career if we are not able to provide him with CL football and build a side thar can challange for it he should leave for a club that can. He deserves it and far better than what we served up on Saturday.

It would be a real shame if he did not lift the CL at least once in his career.

On 05/04/2021 at 04:22, axman2526 said:

At this stage of his career if we are not able to provide him with CL football and build a side thar can challange for it he should leave for a club that can. He deserves it and far better than what we served up on Saturday.

It would be a real shame if he did not lift the CL at least once in his career.

aside from PSG I'm not sure who would have the money needed to buy him off us. any money Barca and real have will be going on big signings up top

Why were we ever worried about his fitness? It's Kante the human dynamo!

Comes back from injury and plays like that. Loved the turn and drag back that took him away from 3 Porto players in the 2nd half. He was on it from start to finish and combined really well with Jorginho throughout who also had a great game.

We are gonna miss Kante when he is gone. Absolute model professional footballer.

1 hour ago, just said:

Why were we ever worried about his fitness? It's Kante the human dynamo!

Comes back from injury and plays like that. Loved the turn and drag back that took him away from 3 Porto players in the 2nd half. He was on it from start to finish and combined really well with Jorginho throughout who also had a great game.

We are gonna miss Kante when he is gone. Absolute model professional footballer.

If you listen to fans here, they want him gone last summer. 

• 2 weeks later...

If Kova is fit would it be a good idea to drop a forward form today (Timo) and got to a more compact midfield that can harass Kroos and Modric and break at pace like both Kante and Kova can with Jorgi behind them as added protection?

6 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

If Kova is fit would it be a good idea to drop a forward form today (Timo) and got to a more compact midfield that can harass Kroos and Modric and break at pace like both Kante and Kova can with Jorgi behind them as added protection?

I think that is a last 30 minute change, I would start like that, as it sets a defensive tone. 

Hoping we play a similar game to the Atletico 2nd leg, dont over commit, but offer a threat on the counter, and take the tempo out of game with strong phases of possession. 

Guest Sindre

Looks like he's back to his best.

Immense yesterday and he's been consistently immense under Tuchel. So massive credit to Kante and too Tuchel as well for bringing the best out of him.

You knows he's been good when the pundits are back to saying "it's like he's two players in the pitch" which they are now.

5 hours ago, Phillip said:

What am I missing?  The 4 fairly simple passes in the final third of the pitch that he f**ked up when we had 2-on-2 breaks in the first half?   Yes, he was excellent in the other 2/3 of the pitch, but he was poor in the final third.  Sorry, that's the way I saw it.

Kante has never been good in final 3rd.

17 hours ago, axman2526 said:

I am not sure about Mount + Puli up top though. Drop either Mount or puli, If you want to play purely on the break Werner is still our best option unless he play bad then take him off and bring tammy.

Edited by Bob stark

11 hours ago, Phillip said:

What am I missing?  The 4 fairly simple passes in the final third of the pitch that he f**ked up when we had 2-on-2 breaks in the first half?   Yes, he was excellent in the other 2/3 of the pitch, but he was poor in the final third.  Sorry, that's the way I saw it.

Phillip what are you missing?

Quick. Did you miss that? Kante just took your glasses. That's why you can't see. He was in front of you. But also behind you. At the same time.

It's magic Phillip. Magic. Don't try to understand it. Just fear it.

Edited by just

12 hours ago, Phillip said:

This is how I saw it too. I thought he was excellent at doing the things he has become known for, but things like his passing and decision making on the ball was poor.

If he can't pick a player out when he is the most advanced midfielder, then I would prefer him to move the ball on to somebody who is capable of it. I am also not comfortable with Kante passing the ball in deeper positions and in tight situations, he always looks awkward and his passes never look clean. There was a moment in the first half where he gave the ball away in a dangerous area that could easily have led to a goal for Real.

6 hours ago, Bob stark said:

Kante has never been good in final 3rd.

Then this is a problem. If your are going to be a player that picks the ball up on the half way line and drives towards the oppositions box, then you need to be capable of picking out a player with a through ball. Saying Kante isn't good at it means we have a problem and we need somebody there other than Kante so they can play a through ball to the winger or striker. It's costing us goals and points.

I love it when Kante drives forward, it's a great weapon for our attack, but we need somebody to take the ball from him before he reaches the oppositions box or the attack will just break down.

2 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Then this is a problem. If your are going to be a player that picks the ball up on the half way line and drives towards the oppositions box, then you need to be capable of picking out a player with a through ball. Saying Kante isn't good at it means we have a problem and we need somebody there other than Kante so they can play a through ball to the winger or striker. It's costing us goals and points.

I love it when Kante drives forward, it's a great weapon for our attack, but we need somebody to take the ball from him before he reaches the oppositions box or the attack will just break down.

It is a problem but no clear solution. He will have to make decision from time to time. 

In perfect world you want to pair Kante with a fab or a pogba. But we don't have one so we just need to live with it.