Welcome N’Golo Kante

9 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Not sure what you mean by Sarri trying to destroy him, Sarri was always saying that Kante can do a lot of things including in the final third and that's exactly what he has been doing, his involvment in both goals shows it.

The ironic thing is how many people gloating about being "proved right" were also claiming he should have been played at sitting DM? He wouldn't have been able to play these type of all round performances had he been restricted to that position.

I'll happily hold my hands up and admit I didn't think he had this level in him anymore but it was plain as day obvious that to get the best we possibly could out of him it was to play him in a "double 6" and rotate him adequately.

On 07/05/2021 at 06:15, icecoolguy22 said:

Thank god the club didn't buy into the myth Kante couldn't fit in a team under Manager X, Y, Z. L

No sane manager will ever think that way. 

On 07/05/2021 at 08:15, icecoolguy22 said:

Thank god the club didn't buy into the myth Kante couldn't fit in a team under Manager X, Y, Z. Judging by the last couple of performance, the Kante today is offering more than the one won the world cup.

What was better were the people claiming we should sell him 🤡🤡🤡

He has been giant in all our big games, particularly Atleti and Real. Our one true world class player. Let's hope that we can beat City in the final and secure a couple more 👍

3 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

What was better were the people claiming we should sell him 🤡🤡🤡

He has been giant in all our big games, particularly Atleti and Real. Our one true world class player. Let's hope that we can beat City in the final and secure a couple more 👍

This is all true but it's also true that it's the first time since Conte that he's performed at this kind of level again.

Especially under Sarri he was reduced to an average midfielder and while Lampard had the right ideas he never quite got it right with Kante either. Highlighted in a way by the rather desperate attempt to play him as the lone CDM towards the end where he's never been particularly good.

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

As I said at the time, the anti-Kante sentiment is utterly bizarre. Anyway a lesson for those knee-jerkers to think before posting.

Couldn't really have been an anti-Kante sentiment when everyone acknowledge and is overjoyed that he's back to his world class best now.

If anything there was an anti-misusing sentiment that has been true since Conte left. 

Kante's performances suffered greatly for two and a half seasons because of it. And if that was to continue then it would have been best for both parties if he left for a lot of money. But thankfully Tuchel came in and brought out the best in him again.

Edited by Sindre
2 hours ago, jack_super_class said:

Back 3 seems the best way to get the best out of him.

To be honest I think it's more to do with playing in a midfield two. I know I've said this before, but it's Kanté's main world-class attribute: you can play a two-man midfield without suffering the usual consequences of having a numeric disadvantage.

4 hours ago, Sindre said:

Couldn't really have been an anti-Kante sentiment when everyone acknowledge and is overjoyed that he's back to his world class best now.

If anything there was an anti-misusing sentiment that has been true since Conte left. 

Kante's performances suffered greatly for two and a half seasons because of it. And if that was to continue then it would have been best for both parties if he left for a lot of money. But thankfully Tuchel came in and brought out the best in him again.

He was excellent at the start of this season under Lamps. Then he got injured at the start of January and was out for a few weeks.

Whoever has been the manager, he has always looked a top player for me when he is fit.

17 hours ago, just said:

He was excellent at the start of this season under Lamps. Then he got injured at the start of January and was out for a few weeks.

Whoever has been the manager, he has always looked a top player for me when he is fit.

Thought he had a really poor start myself (as we did as a team) and then he had a good run at CDM for a month or two before everything fell apart towards the end of Lampard's tenure.

Playing Kante as the lone CDM is never a good idea if you want to bring out the best in him and I stand by the opinion that it was a desperate attempt from Lampard.

2 minutes ago, just said:

I hope you mean Tuchel has the Achilles injury and not Kante.

No Kante, no Kups.

I just want to go into  coma wake up on June 1st. If no top 4 or CL win, put me back in a coma until next May.