Welcome N’Golo Kante

IliyaKrostin

1 hour ago, JM7 said:

He looks broken at the minute doesn’t he. Constantly injured and unreliable. 

It was going to happen sooner or later. Tuchel needs to manage him properly now. 

2 minutes ago, Deino said:

It was going to happen sooner or later. Tuchel needs to manage him properly now. 

He's been managed though. That's the main worry, that he still breaks down.

It's turned into a real problem, especially considering how light we are in midfield. 

Just now, Sindre said:

He's been managed though. That's the main worry, that he still breaks down.

It's turned into a real problem, especially considering how light we are in midfield. 

We're slightly lucky it happened now while the window is still open and an international break coming up. 

16 hours ago, comtrend said:

I'm hoping we try to get Franck Kessie before the transfer windows closes. 1 year left on his contract and still haven't signed a new one. 

He has 2 years to go though, contract expires in 2023. I feel this summer provided a perfect opportunity to bring onboard an heir since his body keeps breaking down. 

• 2 weeks later...

Tuchel will be praying Kante is fit for next week's Tottenham war. He would be the first name on his team sheet.

When the time comes to replace Kante we should go for a midfield 9 or 10 formation to give ourselves the same level of cover and dynamism.

Was very interested to read Roman has recently invested heavily in the German cloning organisation DRZE. Leaked photos in the press last week with Roman giving Kante a personal tour of their Leipzig facility.

• 2 weeks later...

Is TT trying a new 45 mins per game thing for Kante?  It just might work.  What a player; can perform so many roles.  In the modern era I always look to Frank, Essien, Ballack and Maka, but I'm not sure there are any better than our N'Golo.  

15 hours ago, PhilH930 said:

Is TT trying a new 45 mins per game thing for Kante?  It just might work.  What a player; can perform so many roles.  In the modern era I always look to Frank, Essien, Ballack and Maka, but I'm not sure there are any better than our N'Golo.  

Kante needs to be protected because he always plays the game at full throttle and we need him around for the big games.

A bit like Silva. We must pick and chose his battles.

4 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

His goal took a wicked deflection but the difference between him and Jorginho and Kovacic is that he took the shot on in the first place. 

Kova shoots a lot too but it's 10% on target. Jorginho never tries one longer than 6 yards. 

Kante at least shoots it on target.

Nice little video of his second half heroics yesterday.

I don't know if it's the system but he seems so much better on the ball these days. At least compared to the last couple of years. And obviously he's also back to his very, very best in general as well. He's not been as good as he's been since January since Conte. Phenomenal and we are lucky to have him.

4 hours ago, Sindre said:

I don't know if it's the system but he seems so much better on the ball these days. At least compared to the last couple of years. And obviously he's also back to his very, very best in general as well. He's not been as good as he's been since January since Conte. Phenomenal and we are lucky to have him.

At the beginning of last season, I dreaded watching him on the ball in attacking areas, it doesn't even bother me these days though. His game has gone up another level since then.

5 hours ago, Sindre said:

It's not the system, as he had similarly attacking roles under both Lampard and Sarri. He's just improved his passing, dribbling and movement immeasurably under those managers. Credit to Sarri for identifying and persisting with the 'experiment' in the first place.

Just now, The Don Antonio said:

I thought it was irresposible for Tuchel to start an ill  Kante against Mancity. To find out it was Covid is mind boggling 

Absolutely agree but he must have got his advice from the doctors. Let’s hope no one else goes down because of it! 

From a footballing sense the timing could have been a lot worse as after tomorow we have a run of games coming up where the Jorgi/Kova partnership has traditionally worked well in.

Personal perspective hopefully he gets better soon and this doesn't effect him, we saw the impact this thing had on Kai.