Welcome N’Golo Kante

For me I'd find it surprising if he was prepared to leave Bayern right now for us.

Also true, but he has said a lot about Conte and Conte has said a lot about him also. Not to mention he hasn't settled in that well at Bayern so you never know. 

Leicester really aren't short of money and could easily offer him 100k a week if need be. With the champions league money as well as all the sponsorships that will be thrown at them Leicester won't need to cash in on anyone unless the player wants to move. 

They could but then they would have to significantly raise the wages for their other stars too. That would kill their wage balance and they would be in serious trouble if they cannot repeat this season's performance and would be in danger of doing a L**ds.

They could but then they would have to significantly raise the wages for their other stars too. That would kill their wage balance and they would be in serious trouble if they cannot repeat this season's performance and would be in danger of doing a L**ds.

They've stuck Vardy on 80k a week. A precedent has already been set.  

They've stuck Vardy on 80k a week. A precedent has already been set.  

And we can give 120-160 to Kanté without issues if we want to (I know I do :)). With all due respect to Leicester, they might be performing way better than us on the pitch this season but financially we are leagues above them.

And we can give 120-160 to Kanté without issues if we want to (I know I do :)). With all due respect to Leicester, they might be performing way better than us on the pitch this season but financially we are leagues above them.

He's had a great season but I'd be very hesitant about making him the third highest-earning player in this club's history after that. 

Conte is a fan of this type of player but I think Nainggolan is first choice and if we go for two, then Vidal is next on the list. Kante is worth a look but I think you're living in a fantasy world if his wages are even half of that here.

True but that entire team has worked so hard for a full season it's hard to imagine them giving up playing in the CL together for some extra money they will get down the road anyway. Kante probably signs an improved deal in the summer, finishes next season with them and gets sold if he is still performing to his current level. So the question is, is playing in the CL on a reasonable deal better or worse than no European football and a little extra cash?

Edited by TheChelseaBlues

He's had a great season but I'd be very hesitant about making him the third highest-earning player in this club's history after that. 

Conte is a fan of this type of player but I think Nainggolan is first choice and if we go for two, then Vidal is next on the list. Kante is worth a look but I think you're living in a fantasy world if his wages are even half of that here.

Way to miss the point...

True but that entire team has worked so hard for a full season it's hard to imagine them giving up playing in the CL together for some extra money they will get down the road anyway. Kante probably signs an improved deal in the summer, finishes next season with them and gets sold if he is still performing to his current level. So the question is, is playing in the CL on a reasonable deal better or worse than no European football and a little extra cash?

Depends. Do you plan for the next season only or for beyond that?

I got your point that we probably could pay him more (although I actually don't know how true this is right now), but I was questioning whether we should.

Only way to get him without CL football is to offer considerably more than Leicester. And we can offer any amount we want with Roman's backing, as FFP was so watered down it means nothing now.

Only way to get him without CL football is to offer considerably more than Leicester. And we can offer any amount we want with Roman's backing, as FFP was so watered down it means nothing now.

I'd question both the prudence of doing that for Kante as well as the ability and willingness of this club to go and spend that type of money nowadays. 

I'm always wary about going and signing players that I hadn't heard of (my fault probably) 6 months ago. It's not a massive sample size and the price will be at least £20 million.

I'd question both the prudence of doing that for Kante as well as the ability and willingness of this club to go and spend that type of money nowadays. 

I'm always wary about going and signing players that I hadn't heard of (my fault probably) 6 months ago. It's not a massive sample size and the price will be at least £20 million.

It was never the point though if you approve or if you even rate Kanté :P

Actually. France have a very good squad.

Lloris.

Laporte, Varane and Zouma are going to be competing for the next decade. All fantastic defenders already plus Koscielny and Mathieu.

No idea about their full backs. Tremoulinas?

The midfield above. Plus Ribery and Fekir.

Benzema, Lacazette, Martial, Griezmann and Koman.

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently he has a £20 million buyout clause in his contract which, if true, almost makes him a no-brainer.

I don't see us getting Vidal which means Nainggolan and one other, and this lad could be it. I'm not one for going overboard after one good season but that price is roughly the same as Imbula (who we should've signed but didn't for whatever reason) and £5 million LESS than we sold Ramires for. 

The thought of him and Nainggolan being Cesc's minders in midfield is absolutely mouthwatering.

I think he has all the tools in his box to be the next great holding midfielder but I would worry about getting burnt fingers again in regards to second season syndrome - ie Matic.

Also a lot would depend on what fee Leicester would want, and if he would want to leave a team in the Champions League (however short term that may or may not be).