IliyaKrostin

Welcome N’Golo Kante

He's a brilliant footballer, Leicester must hate not having him anymore.

Yeah, they're pretty gutted that he left. Quite a large part of the fanbase considers his departure to be a significant betrayal - don't be surprised if he gets dog's abuse when we go up there for the cup game.

Bit ungrateful if you ask me.

He was a major part of why they won the title and he got offered to play for one of the biggest clubs in European football and earn some more money while doing so.

They best be prepared to get used to it

What I love about Kante is not just his tackles & interceptions, it's also his passing ability and agility to get around with and without the ball.

Class act, one of the most important signings we've made in years.

Bit ungrateful if you ask me.

He was a major part of why they won the title and he got offered to play for one of the biggest clubs in European football and earn some more money while doing so.

They best be prepared to get used to it

Fair or not, there's a general perception that he jumped ship at the first sign of more money, abandoning the side where he made his name and sacrificing a fairytale run at European football.

Fair or not, there's a general perception that he jumped ship at the first sign of more money, abandoning the side where he made his name and sacrificing a fairytale run at European football.

a bit like Juan Mata then...

Meh he moved to a far bigger club, players tend to do that.

Shows the fans for what they are if they boo the lad

How so?

Mata jumped ship at the first opportunity, difference is Kante moved so he could get even better and challenge himself at a top club, Mata moved because for the first time he wasnt a guaranteed starter and didnt want to fight for his place in the team, yet Chelsea fans still love him.

Meh he moved to a far bigger club, players tend to do that.

Shows the fans for what they are if they boo the lad

Most of them are pretty realistic, they certainly don't expect a repeat of last season (most I have spoken to would be happy with top half and one knockout tie against someone big in the last 16 of the CL). They fully expected Kanté (and Mahrez) to leave; I think they just wanted one more season out of them before they jumped ship, to finish the ridiculous adventure they started.

Mata jumped ship at the first opportunity, difference is Kante moved so he could get even better and challenge himself at a top club, Mata moved because for the first time he wasnt a guaranteed starter and didnt want to fight for his place in the team, yet Chelsea fans still love him.

Mata left for the biggest club in the country because despite being our best player for the two previous seasons, the manager had made it evident that he had no intention whatsoever of making him a part of the starting XI, and was never going to give him an opportunity to play himself into form. Kanté was the heartbeat of that Leicester side and would never ever get dropped; the situations are nothing alike.

Mata left for the biggest club in the country because despite being our best player for the two previous seasons, the manager had made it evident that he had no intention whatsoever of making him a part of the starting XI, and was never going to give him an opportunity to play himself into form. Kanté was the heartbeat of that Leicester side and would never ever get dropped; the situations are nothing alike.

Mourinho made it clear he had no intention of making him part of his starting XI, yet gave him 14 starts in half a season? its not Mourinho's fault Mata didnt perform well enough in 90% of the games he played under Mourinho. Mata had plenty of chances under Jose and didnt take them, then he jumped ship to a team he knew he would be a guaranteed starter at, and yet Chelsea fans give him a pass for that and still love Mata as they blame it all on Mourinho, because they believed the myth that Mata isnt a Mourinho player, look at him now... 

Kante and Mata were both fan favorites and moved at the first opportunity, that is where the comparison is made, but Kante will most likely get booed by Leicester fans even though he left them after being a key player in their title win, our fans will continue to applaud Mata even though he left us halfway through the season, because things suddenly wasn't going his way.

Mourinho made it clear he had no intention of making him part of his starting XI, yet gave him 14 starts in half a season? its not Mourinho's fault Mata didnt perform well enough in 90% of the games he played under Mourinho. Mata had plenty of chances under Jose and didnt take them, then he jumped ship to a team he knew he would be a guaranteed starter at, and yet Chelsea fans give him a pass for that and still love Mata as they blame it all on Mourinho, because they believed the myth that Mata isnt a Mourinho player, look at him now... 

Kante and Mata were both fan favorites and moved at the first opportunity, that is where the comparison is made, but Kante will most likely get booed by Leicester fans even though he left them after being a key player in their title win, our fans will continue to applaud Mata even though he left us halfway through the season, because things suddenly wasn't going his way.

Mata started in fewer than half the games, he also appeared less and less as we got further into the season, and was omitted against all the big teams. That's not exactly a ringing endorsement...

Bear in mind also that Mata had Schurrle, Oscar, Willian and Hazard to compete with for his preferred starting roles; Kanté was up against Amartey (who had started once for Leicester) and Andy King (someone clearly established by Ranieri as a squad player).

Mata was a bit-part player who was talented enough to be well justified in moving to a club which would be a better match for his particular skill set, Kanté was fundamentally key to the way Leicester played, and left the champions for a club who finished tenth the previous season. There is simply no comparison.* I don't necessarily agree with the interpretation of the Leicester fans, but I can certainly understand where they are coming from.

*Unless you mean that they both left to further their career, which I suppose you could also say about every transfer in the history of football...

Mata started in fewer than half the games, he also appeared less and less as we got further into the season, and was omitted against all the big teams. That's not exactly a ringing endorsement...

Bear in mind also that Mata had Schurrle, Oscar, Willian and Hazard to compete with for his preferred starting roles; Kanté was up against Amartey (who had started once for Leicester) and Andy King (someone clearly established by Ranieri as a squad player).

Mata was a bit-part player who was talented enough to be well justified in moving to a club which would be a better match for his particular skill set, Kanté was fundamentally key to the way Leicester played, and left the champions for a club who finished tenth the previous season. There is simply no comparison.* I don't necessarily agree with the interpretation of the Leicester fans, but I can certainly understand where they are coming from.

*Unless you mean that they both left to further their career, which I suppose you could also say about every transfer in the history of football...

you just said 'the manager had made it evident that he had no intention whatsoever of making him a part of the starting XI' his 14 starts under Mourinho show that wasnt true, Mata simply couldnt handle the competition for places. and jumped ship as soon as he could, Kante left to further his career at a top club, Mata left so he could get regular first team football in the Moyes revolution without having to deal with competition for a starting role, now at Man United he has competition again in Rashford and Mkhitaryan, dont be surprised to see Mata looking for a way out instead of fighting for his place in the team.

you just said 'the manager had made it evident that he had no intention whatsoever of making him a part of the starting XI' his 14 starts under Mourinho show that wasnt true,

Baba Rahman made 19 starts last season - would you call him a part of our starting XI?

Baba Rahman made 19 starts last season - would you call him a part of our starting XI?

no, but Mata made 5 less and only played until January. 

Edited by pacquiao

What I love about Kante is not just his tackles & interceptions, it's also his passing ability and agility to get around with and without the ball.

the board is f**king sh*t though, should all be sacked for not bringing in a cb. 

:wink:

no, but Mata made 5 less and only played until January. 

Which is still less than half the games. If José decides he doesn't rate a player, there's really nothing that player can do to play his way back into form.

He got a run at the beginning of December, but after we conceded six goals in two games José, who clearly already had reservations, got cold feet and Mata didn't appear in seven of the last ten games. It was clear which way things were going.

Took the words out of my mouth. He's the type of player I think we've all been crying for, for the last year. I got ecstatic when we signed him, and now I'm getting giddier seeing him play and mop up. He compensates for so much of the midfield discrepancies that have plagued us. Fantastic start so far, long may his health remain and he goes from strength to strength as he fills the Maka sized hole we haven't filled for almost a decade. 

Mata getting criticised for leaving because he wasn't getting first team football... better than a Winston Bogarde that refused to leave and just picked up his wages for doing f**k all!

Hi, Leicester fan here, I was obviously disappointed in Kante leaving, he was by far my favorite player and the best I've ever seen in a Leicester shirt and was obviously not going to be a one season wonder no matter how many people thought so. I was lucky enough to share a taxi with him on only his first week in Leicester, he hardly spoke English but one of the things he did tell us is how he thought it was weird that houses here had red bricks, it fascinated him, random but funny, he didn't talk about football much.

Anyway just gonna say, as you must already know you have a beast of a player on your hands, and I'd be surprised if at least half of you don't have him down as your favorite player soon. I for one will be cheering him when he returns to Leicester in cup and league matches... Without him god knows where we would have finished in the league, but we wouldn't have a Premier league title that will be talked about for many years to come under out belts. As soon as he signed for you I put Chelsea in my antepost bet to win the league, I have that much faith in him as a player, good luck for the season, do me proud and win me my money!

Interesting stuff about Kante choosing CFC over manure:

"It was amazing to have Mourinho call me, even though I'd been warned before how he would appeal to me. My discussions with them were well underway. But when I spoke with Conte, I had a good feeling with Conte"

Edited by robdog