Welcome N’Golo Kante

IliyaKrostin

For me, I still prefer him to play the role he knows best, break up defence, steal the ball, and short pass it to other players to do the fancy things. Although his attacking game has improved, I don't see he's all that comfortable with the ball around the opposition's box. Don't get me wrong, one day he may become one of the best jack of all trade player, but in short term I prefer him to focus on the 'dirty work', so Cesc could play and dictate the tempo

On 2/1/2017 at 05:58, Chelsbear said:

Kante is the closest thing we have had to top quality DM since Maka.

Against Liverpool and at times this season he has been Maka. I love Maka, he is one of the best ever IMO, the guy has a role named after for God's sake. Kante can be as good as him. He's not yet but its not hard to imagine next season or the year after Kante becoming the best DM in the world. 

Its sounds hyperbolic and yesI'm a little lit but there are not enough superlatives to use when describing his play the other night

Maka was great. No doubt about it. 

But dont forget the quality he had with him. Essien/Lamps/Ballack.

Along with JT/Ricardo behind him. ALL of them were world class players. Absolutely World class.

Cant say the same for Matic/Cesc or GC/DL/Azpi, even though we have been great as a defensive unit. 

For kante to be at the same level as Maka, we need to surround him with players of that calibre or atleast give him a midfield partner of that calibre. To be fair, I think Matic and cesc have been quite good this season, but someone like verratti can take kante and the whole team to the next level.

9 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

For me, I still prefer him to play the role he knows best, break up defence, steal the ball, and short pass it to other players to do the fancy things. Although his attacking game has improved, I don't see he's all that comfortable with the ball around the opposition's box. Don't get me wrong, one day he may become one of the best jack of all trade player, but in short term I prefer him to focus on the 'dirty work', so Cesc could play and dictate the tempo

How has his attacking game improved?

He's scored 1 goal and created none so far.

2 minutes ago, Van Butsen said:

How has his attacking game improved?

He's scored 1 goal and created none so far.

Not his job to score goals or create goals though is it? His attacking play does look better this season in terms of his forward passing and running, possibly because he's got more quality around him though. I think it's a fair point. 

Just now, RMCM said:

Not his job to score goals or create goals though is it? His attacking play does look better this season in terms of his forward passing and running, possibly because he's got more quality around him though. I think it's a fair point. 

I never said it was his job?  Someone just posted that his attacking game had improved but I think it's at the same level it was last year.

1 hour ago, Van Butsen said:

I never said it was his job?  Someone just posted that his attacking game had improved but I think it's at the same level it was last year.

I think he has become a lot more involved in attack this year compared to last. Okay he's not scored the goals or added to assists but that does not mean he isn't up there making himself available and adding passes to the wings and giving the other attckers options.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/10754183/arsene-wenger-reveals-he-tried-to-sign-ngolo-kante-twice

Hahahhahahahahhhahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahhhahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahhhahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahhhahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahhhahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahha!!!!!

21 hours ago, Tibbers said:

Between Luiz and Kante, I'd choose Kante.

Can't blame you for that, it's a throw up between the 2, personally I think taking Luiz out of our starting lineup would have more of a detrimental effect in comparison to Kante hence I would go for Luiz.

He's good at what he does but we could really use someone better going forward.. Kante doesn't have to go forward, he should be limited to be doing what he's best at and that's it.. cesc has to play beside him.. It'd be more balance for the overall play for us..