Welcome N’Golo Kante

Matic is a better player, he had a poor season but so did everyone. Matic remember was the best defensive midfielder in the league a season back. But yeah a relegated African who has looked every bit of a villa level player is what we should be looking at....

Mikel ideally is not a first team starter, he's squad filler and even at that he's better than Gueye.

We get it you love to link African's, trouble is 90% of the names you list are not good enough for Chelsea.

You're prepared to gamble with Matic as a starter next season? I would much rather have someone ready to challenge him Gueye included. I wouldnt rule him out, though Conte may not even know who he is, just because he was in a team with 10 other player who couldnt give a sh*t and were relegated. He may not have had the season Kante had but if youre basing who to sign off of last season I sure as hell wouldnt want Matic. Edited by TheChelseaBlues

Matic is a better player, he had a poor season but so did everyone. Matic remember was the best defensive midfielder in the league a season back. But yeah a relegated African who has looked every bit of a villa level player is what we should be looking at....

Mikel ideally is not a first team starter, he's squad filler and even at that he's better than Gueye.

We get it you love to link African's, trouble is 90% of the names you list are not good enough for Chelsea.

I'll drop Matic. But Mikel better than Gueye? Don't be ridiculous.

You can't even call me out on African bias on this one, as both as African. Mikel is nowhere near Gueye's level as a DM. Pure and simple. Mikel has his strengths, but as a pure DM there is no comparison.

And claiming Gueye was poor last season... I guess everyone is entitled to an opinion...

You're prepared to gamble with Matic as a starter next season? I would much rather have someone ready to challenge him Gueye included. I wouldnt rule him out, though Conte may not even know who he is, just because he was in a team with 10 other player who couldnt give a sh*t and were relegated. He may not have had the season Kante had but if youre basing who to sign off of last season I sure as hell wouldnt want Matic.

Matic is already here, he isn't someone we are going to sign. I'm saying nearly all of our players had a shocking season, Matic proved for 2 seasons he can play at a higher level than Gueye who himself hardly had a great season.

If we are signing someone to replace Matic or to challenge him it will need to be of a much higher standard than Gueye.

Gueye individually had a great season. His club didn't.

Trouble is it'll be hard to find a DM of a higher standard than Gueye. Unless your talking about Kante or the likes of Busquets.

And i hate to break it to you but as it stands Chelsea is a mid-table club side who will struggle to break back into the top 4. Not only is Manchester City and Arsenal sure to want to keep their top 4 position, but Tottenham and possibly even Leicester will want to stay, while Liverpool, Manchester United and possibly West Ham are more than intent to break into the top 4. The new mega-deal will only make it harder for Chelsea.

You better adjust to the thought that for the time-being we are not exactly a 'sexy' destination for the top players in Europe.

BTW: I am absolutely certain that if last season we were connected with N'golo Kante you would be saying the same thing. That he's not Chelsea-level material.

Edited by Jon Stakes

Gueye individually had a great season. His club didn't.

Trouble is it'll be hard to find a DM of a higher standard than Gueye. Unless your talking about Kante or the likes of Busquets.

And i hate to break it to you but as it stands Chelsea is a mid-table club side who will struggle to break back into the top 4. Not only is Manchester City and Arsenal sure to want to keep their top 4 position, but Tottenham and possibly even Leicester will want to stay, while Liverpool, Manchester United and possibly West Ham are more than intent to break into the top 4.

You better adjust to the thought that for the time-being we are not exactly a 'sexy' destination for the top players in Europe.

I clearly hold us in higher regard than having to settle for a relegated footballer who plays for Villa.

If you don't think we can get better then that's up to you but I think that's ridiculous.

I'll await the next African suggestion from yourself that has next to no chance of ever happening.

Edited by Chelsbear

I clearly hold us in higher regard than having to settle for a relegated footballer who plays for Villa.

If you don't think we can get better then that's up to you but I think that's ridiculous.

I'll await the next African suggestion from yourself that has next to no chance of ever happening.

Kalidou Koulibaly and Kwadwo Asamoah look like two African suggestons that have every chance of happening...

But I agree: Gueye is unlikely, because if Conte is to bring any pure DM it'll probably be from Italy. So I would expect Amadou Diawara (Guinea), possibly Godfrey Donsah (Ghana) or maybe Alfred Duncan (Ghana). None of which are finished products like Gueye.

Kalidou Koulibaly and Kwadwo Asamoah look like two African suggestons that have every chance of happening...

But I agree: Gueye is unlikely, because if Conte is to bring any pure DM it'll probably be from Italy. So I would expect Amadou Diawara (Guinea), possibly Godfrey Donsah (Ghana) or maybe Alfred Duncan (Ghana). None of which are finished products like Gueye.

seinfeld.gif

I do. But that seems to goes unnoticed. You only focus on me when I suggest someone African, which seems to suggest a lot of you guys have a strong anti-African bias...

I don't remember seeing any, and you did just say "my suggestions are all African"...

We don't have any anti-African bias, we've had some great African players who were fan favourites, it's just boring having you suggest all these random Africans that clearly are nowhere near good enough, just because you have such a pro-African bias.

I don't remember seeing any, and you did just say "my suggestions are all African"...

We don't have any anti-African bias, we've had some great African players who were fan favourites, it's just boring having you suggest all these random Africans that clearly are nowhere near good enough, just because you have such a pro-African bias.

I commented on Nainggolan, Musonda, Lukaku, Morata just to name a few.

All African players I suggested are clearly good enough. And our coach Conte clearly agrees with me on most accounts (Koulibaly, pre-injury Asamoah, possibly Diawara). Its obviously your bias, not mine.

Dropping it as this is a N'golo Kante transfer in-your-dreams thread.

Edited by Jon Stakes

Firstly, I agree with RIP Mourinho that Amavi is a very promising left-back. I have seen very few left-backs do as good a job of keeping Mahrez quiet than him this season (to the extent that Mahrez was moved into the middle after half-time); it's a real shame he got injured.

Secondly, I don't think that a player is inherently bad just because they are a part of a bad team. While I don't necessarily agree that Gana/Gueye is the man for us (despite what the statistics say, I think Kanté is twice the player and I don't necessarily think he's unobtainable), plenty of excellent players have gone down in bad sides. Remember how good Scott Parker was in that atrocity of a West Ham side which got relegated a few years ago? Or when Juninho went down with Boro?

Thirdly, I don't think that there's anything wrong with someone suggesting African players for transfer if that is their area of expertise. Frankly I love learning about players we might not otherwise hear about from someone with far more first-hand experience of the player than most of us on the forum are likely to have. Similarly I've spent a lot of the season droning on about what I think of Leicester's various performances, because as I work there and attend most home games, I have likely paid closer attention to them than most people on the forum (and I feel that such an extraordinary season was well worth documenting). I really have no idea what the problem is.

I think Kanté is twice the player and I don't necessarily think he's unobtainable), plenty of excellent players have gone down in bad sides.

The reason I think he is a pipedream. N'golo Kante is 25. A year ago he was a nodody. Now he's the hottest commodity. First off we would have to stave off interest from CL sides like Arsenal, ManCity, which can go toe to toe with us on money demands. Secondly Kante may see this as his only chance to play Champions League football. Sure, he might go for money, but if he has ambition I sincerely doubt he would make such a risky move (like I said - he has no guarantee that Chelsea will bounce back next season, instead we may enter a prolonged Liverpool / Manchester United type debacle and if he signs for us he'll be contracted for 4-5 years).

Agreed that a player isn't bad just because they're from a bad team but at the same time those who are opposed to Geuye have said why. Because he isn't very good in our opinions.

Also Jon. Commenting on non African players isn't the same as suggesting non African players.

Honestly, apart from the argument that 'he's not good enough. full stop' and 'he plays for a relegated team' I haven't heard a single comment that describes why he isn't good enough (apart from PloKoon13).

As to the second sentence: I have suggested just one player - Idrissa Gueye. I commented on several African-related transfer rumours (started two threads with African-related transfers being reportedly in advanced phase) and on several non-African related transfer rumours. So yes - all suggested players by me were African. All one of them.

I do. But that seems to goes unnoticed. You only focus on me when I suggest someone African, which seems to suggest a lot of you guys have a strong anti-African bias...

Considering Drogba and Essien are amongst the fans' favourite ever Chelsea players your accusation is ridiculous.

I'm Italian and I'm a fan of Italian football, if I did nothing but make threads and comments about Italian players I'm fairly sure everybody would get sick of it due to me being obviously biased and repetitive, not because of some anti-Italian vendetta.

Edit: That being said, Kante is brilliant and we should do everything we can to sign him

Edited by timetowaste

Considering Drogba and Essien are amongst the fans' favourite ever Chelsea players your accusation is ridiculous.

I'm Italian and I'm a fan of Italian football, if I did nothing but make threads and comments about Italian players I'm fairly sure everybody would get sick of it due to me being obviously biased and repetitive, not because of some anti-Italian vendetta.

Edit: That being said, Kante is brilliant and we should do everything we can to sign him

With the Italian link in mind what do you make of the many links to Italian(based) players? Are there any who stand out and Is there anyone who we're not linked to but should be?

In regards to Kante he has had an exceptional season and I am eager to find out if he can replicate it, if he stands out next season as well he could be going for a ridiculous sum.. Testing the water with a bid is risky and too much of a risk in my eyes. Potentially a steal but also could equally turn out to be, like many others before, a one season wonder.. However I guess there is many risks in every deal.

There are few CMs of genuine quality around and it depends on how Conte would set up. If as predicted Fabrigas lines up in the Pirlo role with two other midfield "enforcers" either side do we go Matic and another? Who is the other, Andre Gomes maybe? He has the build but is he more attacking? I can only really think of potential for CMs that are attainable and not many who are the finished article which is a shame.

With the Italian link in mind what do you make of the many links to Italian(based) players? Are there any who stand out and Is there anyone who we're not linked to but should be?

In regards to Kante he has had an exceptional season and I am eager to find out if he can replicate it, if he stands out next season as well he could be going for a ridiculous sum.. Testing the water with a bid is risky and too much of a risk in my eyes. Potentially a steal but also could equally turn out to be, like many others before, a one season wonder.. However I guess there is many risks in every deal.

There are few CMs of genuine quality around and it depends on how Conte would set up. If as predicted Fabrigas lines up in the Pirlo role with two other midfield "enforcers" either side do we go Matic and another? Who is the other, Andre Gomes maybe? He has the build but is he more attacking? I can only really think of potential for CMs that are attainable and not many who are the finished article which is a shame.

In terms of players we've been linked to I think Pjanic and Niangolan would both be very good buys for us, I've watched Roma a few times this season on BT sport when they've been on and I watch the highlight show most weekends and they're both top players, I personally prefer Pjanic but then again I'm a sucker for players who can take great free kicks.

Asamoah on the other hand is a pretty average player, he will do a job but he wouldn't significantly improve us. My favourite player in Serie A at the minute is Berardi but it looks like he's off to Juventus. Higuain it goes without saying he's a top striker and if we can get him in we should do so.

Edit: if Conte wants us to play two up top then Morata would be a very good buy, his price is a bit steep but him up top with Costa would be deadly. Morata has been a bit overshadowed by Dybala this season who has been fantastic but Morata is still a very good striker

Edited by timetowaste

In terms of players we've been linked to I think Pjanic and Niangolan would both be very good buys for us, I've watched Roma a few times this season on BT sport when they've been on and I watch the highlight show most weekends and they're both top players, I personally prefer Pjanic but then again I'm a sucker for players who can take great free kicks.

Asamoah on the other hand is a pretty average player, he will do a job but he wouldn't significantly improve us. My favourite player in Serie A at the minute is Berardi but it looks like he's off to Juventus. Higuain it goes without saying he's a top striker and if we can get him in we should do so.

Edit: if Conte wants us to play two up top then Morata would be a very good buy, his price is a bit steep but him up top with Costa would be deadly. Morata has been a bit overshadowed by Dybala this season who has been fantastic but Morata is still a very good striker

What do you think about Koulibaly? He seems like a very interesting alternative to me. Seems to be quick, strong, agressive, good in the air comfortable on the ball and a decent passer. But then again I only know him from other people's descriptions, youtube videos and squawka stats.

Beradi would probably have fitted nicely on the right cutting in, I have liked what I've seen of him I must admit. Again I've thought for a while with Morata and Costa there is a lovely well complemented pairing especially if you put Hazard behind them.

The Roma pair do seem heavily linked, can Pjanic play box to box, or is he very similar to Fabregas? The other player I've seen a lot of (admittedly from highlight programs is Bonneventura, he looks similar to Lampard in the left central midfield role or is he just a player who looks good on highlights?

Probably mentioned elsewhere, but PSG are rumoured to be interested.  Unless he REALLY wants to stay in the Premiership, and believes we can offer him CL football, I think he'll leave the Premiership.

Decent age, not tied to England in anyway, and if a big club that can offer him repeated forays into the CL come knocking, then I think he'll be off. 

Probably mentioned elsewhere, but PSG are rumoured to be interested. Unless he REALLY wants to stay in the Premiership, and believes we can offer him CL football, I think he'll leave the Premiership.

Decent age, not tied to England in anyway, and if a big club that can offer him repeated forays into the CL come knocking, then I think he'll be off.

Where would he play at PSG? They've already got a pretty talented midfield and I'd be surprised to see him move to be second choice after the season he's just had.

I'd take Veratti if they're selling.

Where would he play at PSG? They've already got a pretty talented midfield and I'd be surprised to see him move to be second choice after the season he's just had.

I'd take Veratti if they're selling.

Yeah, I'm not sure mate.  I guess the point stands that if another big club that are perennial CL attendees comes knocking, I think he could be persuaded