IliyaKrostin

Welcome N’Golo Kante

To be honest, I think it's safe to say that Kanté has surpassed Makelele by a massive margin - ability wise.

Yes, Maka used to be a fantastic player but he was never skilled on the ball unlike Kanté who's improved tenfold on this aspect.

Kanté is already an EPL-legend and will go down as an all-time great when it's said & done.

1 hour ago, Aryagorn said:

To be honest, I think it's safe to say that Kanté has surpassed Makelele by a massive margin - ability wise.

Yes, Maka used to be a fantastic player but he was never skilled on the ball unlike Kanté who's improved tenfold on this aspect.

Kanté is already an EPL-legend and will go down as an all-time great when it's said & done.

I was just about to post that *.gif - all I can say is in Kante I trust - still no credit for that tackle he made on Mane in the l'pool match - I am sure if Kante doesn't win the ball back l'pool would have scored

of course I got down-voted for saying Kante was the MOTM for that tackle :Troll_Face:

2 hours ago, chi blue said:

The only player in team who is world class bar none, always shows up at every game, not just when it suits him like others we have.

That's harsh, particularly on a player like Hazard, who IS world class. Without wanting to take ANYTHING away from Kante, who is superb at what he does - the best out there, it is a lot more difficult to play the sort of role Hazard does. Looking to be a game-changer every week. Constantly take on and beat players, create and score goals, whilst getting kicked all over the pitch.

But congratulations to Kante - well deserved.

2 hours ago, chi blue said:

The only player in team who is world class bar none, always shows up at every game, 

Except Watford away and Bournemouth at home.

2 hours ago, Nibs said:

That's harsh, particularly on a player like Hazard, who IS world class. Without wanting to take ANYTHING away from Kante, who is superb at what he does - the best out there, it is a lot more difficult to play the sort of role Hazard does. Looking to be a game-changer every week. Constantly take on and beat players, create and score goals, whilst getting kicked all over the pitch.

But congratulations to Kante - well deserved.

Hazard has so much talent agreed, but if I had to only choose one of them to play next week at Wembley I would go for Kante to play, yes Hazard could change the game but that big word is only could, with Kante you know he will play like two players and will have to with fab or Baka next to him.

4 hours ago, Nibs said:

That's harsh, particularly on a player like Hazard, who IS world class.

Nonsense. Hazard is undoubtedly a great player, but hardly a world class level.

To be honest, I think a lot of people are overrating his on a huge margin.

As a forward, Hazard's numbers isn't exactly great for someone who belongs among the elite forwads.

And please, I don't want to hear the excuse "But...but... he's played for defensive minded coaches like Mourinho & Conte".

The likes of Dybala, Griezmann etc. are fully capable for scoring above 20 goals in all comps despite playing for Conte & Simeone respectively who are well-known for being pragmatic in their set-ups.

I'll always maintain that when Hazard was 20/21 year-old & played for Lille, he made his best season ever by scoring 20 goals in all comps.

A feat that hasn't been repeated since.

Never mind that Hazard has been incredibly underwhelming far too often in UCL.

Edited by Aryagorn

Kanté has been the single most important player Chelsea since joining the club.

Chelsea still can play without Hazard (injured or rested), but having no Kanté in midfield means endgame for the whole defensive setup.

6 minutes ago, Aryagorn said:

As a forward, Hazard's numbers isn't exactly great for someone who belongs among the elite forwads.

And please, I don't want to hear the excuse "But...but... he's played for defensive minded coaches like Mourinho & Conte".

The likes of Dybala, Griezmann etc. are fully capable for scoring above 20 goals in all comps despite playing for Conte & Simeone respectively who are well-known for being pragmatic in their set-ups.

I'll always maintain that when Hazard was 20/21 year-old & played for Lille, he made his best season ever by scoring 20 goals in all comps.

No offence but you're talking sh*t. We've been totally reliant on Hazard from an attacking sense for most of his time with us. He's barely had any support in that sense. He has almost single-handledly carried us over the line to win two Premier Leagues, when other players (notably Diego Costa) went missing. Not only that, because he's our only attacking threat, he's double or triple marked almost every game, and he's kicked off the park, and gets scant protection from refs. He goes to Spain, plays for Real or Barca, and he'll rip it up, because life will be a lot easier. Oh and let's not even talk about the French league.

I appreciate this is a kante thread so don't want to derail it. I hate people who use stats to show hazard isn't world class. I'm not comparing the two but that iniesta has never had great stats does that make him garbage? Since hazard arrived he has been key to the titles we've won don't look at stats to rate him look at the trophies we've won whilst he carries out attack. 

So anyway kante is a little bit special isn't he 

On 11/05/2018 at 14:17, Aryagorn said:

Would you have classed prime Ribery as world class? 

Look at a players overall game, not just stats. 

Not questioning how Hazard is world class but sometimes he tries too much and other times he’s not all there.  For me Kante is as important for us. Just love his attitude, his stamina, and no bullsh*t attitude that I wish the rest of our squad had. 

I think he's improved a lot, especially as a footballer. He's literally better than any of our midfielders when going forward including Fabregas. Whenever he lunges forward something happens, my goodness what an incredible player he is. 

On 28/03/2016 at 11:23, enigma said:

One season wonder. I wouldn't want to risk so much money on a player who was unknown before this season and is 25 years old.

Love the first pages on these threads