IliyaKrostin

Welcome N’Golo Kante

6 minutes ago, goose said:

That was the poorest game I have seen from him. Think he must have been carrying a knock.

Not sure if it was a knock, I think it was just a case of coming up against a world class midfield. No shame in having a poor game, he had a good tourney.

7 minutes ago, the special one said:

Not sure if it was a knock, I think it was just a case of coming up against a world class midfield. No shame in having a poor game, he had a good tourney.

Yeah you’re probably right. Don’t think I’ve ever seen him give a below 7/8 performance before. 

Not only that but he'd missed some training sessions after the Belgium game after taking a knock so he obviously was labouring somewhat (not that you'd really notice whilst he was on). It occurred to me whilst watching the 1st half that DDs gameplan was to let Croatia have most of the ball and just to absorb the pressure so as to tire Croatia (who of course had 1 days less rest) & of course this meant even more work for little N'Golo. Any ways DD did the sub at the right-time and the rest is history. How lucky we are to have N'Golo.

To think that since the last World Cup Kante has gone from playing in Ligue 2 in France, moved to the Premier League winning it with what was a mid table team, moved to Chelsea and won the league again and now he's won the World Cup. 

Not many players have such massive uplifts in their careers by the time they're 23. 

Phenomenal story and achievement. Hopefully he sticks around at Chelsea for a few years to come yet.  

58 minutes ago, Luca Vialli said:

Turns out he had gastroenteritis/really bad stomach flu during the game. Probably shouldn't have started but that's a testiment to the guy.

Thought there must have been something wrong. He doesn't turn in 6/10 perfomances.

Made up for him, hopefully it will give him even more confidence. A bit of that French arrogance and he would be even better. 

Hopefully we get him tied down to a new contract soon aswell. 

Yeap, that was his worst game I've ever seen also and guess what? - it was a solid performance that we would have praised 90 %  of the players for. 3v1 against Brozovic, Modric and Rakitic and somehow he didn't let them to do what they do best.

Edited by Giordano_Bruno

1 minute ago, JM7 said:

Best Defensive Midfielder in the world, he would improve any team. 

It’s a privilege to see him in a Chelsea shirt, fantastic player. 

Conte said Kante could be much more to which he encouraged him to aim. Conte is right N'golo could easily create, shoot and score much much more. Maybe with Jorginho he can be more like that. 

Anyway as it is he is the best in the world in what he does. 

https://metro.co.uk/2018/07/16/ngolo-kante-shy-ask-hold-world-cup-trophy-steven-nzonzi-forced-7719573/

However, he took his humble nature to the next level on Sunday when he was too shy to ask to hold the World Cup trophy that he played such a crucial role in winning in Moscow.

According to Get French Football, Sevilla midfielder Steven N’Zonzi noticed that Kante was hanging around in the background of the team’s celebrations and sought him out to hand him the trophy. N’Zonzi, who is wanted by Arsenal, can be seen retrieving the trophy from former Newcastle ace Florian Thauvin and gives it to Kante – who was looking completely the other way. Kante only made his France debut at the age of 25 but he’s been one of the first names on the teamsheet under Didier Deschamps.

He's got the right coach now to improve his attacking attributes.

Conte said Kante could be much more to which he encouraged him to aim. Conte is right N'golo could easily create, shoot and score much much more. Maybe with Jorginho he can be more like that. 
Anyway as it is he is the best in the world in what he does. 

2 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Do we even do buy out clauses in England? Never seem to hear about them in the prem.

I honestly don't know, but we should, especially with someone like Kante.